young children and take aways

oasis6918

Gold Member
Hi ladies, just after your opinions really.
We just had a pizza, after I got hubby to promise we wouldn't have one next week as I'm healthy eating as of tomorrow. Usually if we have pizza I make sure lo has had his tea so that he's full and not bothered by having ours because I don't like him eating things like that and I worry he'll get ill from it.
So tonight he had a bit of garlic cheesy bread and half a bit of pizza for the first time.
I'm just wondering if anyone else let's there lo have take away pizza and from what age? Bit concerned now it might make him ill x

How old is your LO? Mine is 2 and a half and if we have takeaway he will maybe have one slice of pizza and a few chips or onion rings, he won't have a full meal sort of thing, I do get him a happy meal if we go mcdonalds though but it's less than once a week and he eats healthily otherwise and if anything he's small for his age, I let him have anything in moderation because I want him to think of food as what you eat when your hungry not a treat if you get me, only thing I wouldnt let him have is doner meat because it's horrible if you think about what's in it, x

He's 21 months, I let him have happy meal when if have macd's but I just think of all the cheese on the pizza. I'm not very fussy with what he eats so long as it's mostly healthy but I like him to try what he wants because I don't want him to be restricted and also I want him to learn its okay for treats now and again too x

Don't worry sure he will be just fine, my LO won't drink milk hardly ever buy he loves cheese, he will ask for a bowl of grated cheese sometimes he's never been poorly from it and they do need slot of fat in their diets x

My little one loves cheese too every day at my mum's if takes her to the fridge to get cheese, just when you don't know how it's been stored and it's melted. He's eating all my strawberries at the moment lol x

I wouldn't worry not like you force feeding him pizza for every meal, I do think its best letting them try things, and he only had abit xx

Oh my lo just turnt 2 she loves her milk can't get enough of it shes like cheese aswel. I remember taking her to pizza hut at round 18 mths old and she loved it but found she did enjoy eating the pizza but filled up more on the salad but it depends where your buying the pizza from (I was at a friends a while ago and we ordered this pizza it was really greasy and it made me ill the nxt day). I do let her have mc donalds as a treat now then but shes not a big eater and only usually eats a handful of chips maybe odd nuggett but usually if we have a takeaway we have it when she's in bed but think its good to let them try most things so now and then she will have take away wiv us I just give her a little portion cos she don't eat alot shes tried noodles a few times and loves them, she's never been ill after any foods. I would say just do what you think is best for your lo x

My lo is 4 he's been having pizza hit and mac d since 2 well more so maccy d happy meal nye I got a Chinese he had the noodles but he never liked it I worry bout salt content do he only really has pizza and mac ds If we get take out he has beans cheese on toast x but I normally put him to bed first x

Back