Your Body Magic

5k run done! :D Woohoo!

Well done!! How was it?? Did u get a time??? Im gonna run after work, week 8, but I'm considering seeing how I feel about just going to the full 5k seeing as its only an extra 2 minutes! :)

Some People Dream Of Success, Others Wake Up And Work Hard For It

Well done!! How was it?? Did u get a time??? Im gonna run after work, week 8, but I'm considering seeing how I feel about just going to the full 5k seeing as its only an extra 2 minutes! :)

It was better than I thought it was going to be! It's much easier to pace yourself when there's a big crowd to run with! :) Haven't got my time yet, they send us a text or email later today to let us know how we placed and what time we did it in. I definitely did better than the last official 5k I did which was 36mins - according to my phone I was around 34 mins, but I forgot to tell it that I finished the run until I was in the queue for registering my place so that might be slightly higher than my actual time, fingers crossed! All I really cared about though was that I was able to run the entire way and that I wasn't last! :D Just go straight to the 5k - 2 mins is nothing once you're running that far already! xx

It was better than I thought it was going to be! It's much easier to pace yourself when there's a big crowd to run with! :) Haven't got my time yet, they send us a text or email later today to let us know how we placed and what time we did it in. I definitely did better than the last official 5k I did which was 36mins - according to my phone I was around 34 mins, but I forgot to tell it that I finished the run until I was in the queue for registering my place so that might be slightly higher than my actual time, fingers crossed! All I really cared about though was that I was able to run the entire way and that I wasn't last! :D Just go straight to the 5k - 2 mins is nothing once you're running that far already! xx

Yeah that's what I thought when I did week 7 which was 25mins, I wasn't exhausted enough that I couldn't have carried on, I just couldn't help but religiously follow what the lady says :p

Yes that's my worst fear, coming last!! I think you're definitely right about a crowd helping though, it's much easier to slow done when you haven't got a focus point ahead of you. Can't wait!!! I reckon I'll do it in about 39 minutes. We'll see.

Be proud of yourself!! Go enjoy a low syn treat ;)

I've just had a big grill up and a Pink n White to celebrate! Hehe! :D

Hope you have had a lovely day hun :)

I just completed my own 5k today whoop. :p looks like I have to do Park Run next Saturday now! 9am sharp, ouch! :) I'm sooo happy I did it! It really wasn't that hard...can't believe I'm saying that! But it has been the easiest week of them all...that feels odd to say!

So I've now completed Week 7 of Gold Body Magic. One more week and then I can get my award! :O

Damn...I need a new challenge now! I guess I gotta do gold over again and get platinum huh?!! =D

That's fantastic! Well done!! :D Definitely Park Run for you next week, the early get up isn't too bad and the run soon wakes you up! ;)

Ooh you're slightly ahead of me with the Body Magic, I've got 3 more weeks to go to get my Gold! :D What's the difference between that and Platinum? Just the amount of weeks you've done it for?? x

That's fantastic! Well done!! :D Definitely Park Run for you next week, the early get up isn't too bad and the run soon wakes you up! ;)

Ooh you're slightly ahead of me with the Body Magic, I've got 3 more weeks to go to get my Gold! :D What's the difference between that and Platinum? Just the amount of weeks you've done it for?? x

Platinum you have to do another 8 weeks again >.< it's a shame that's all the difference is! Oh I'm sure ill be woken up if the rubbish weather continues!!

Monday evening's 5k route. Love that app! Need to make sure I run a different one every so often so I don't get bored!

Attachments

• image-1992543636.jpg
    image-1992543636.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 22
What app is this Hun? Map my run? Xx

Whoops thought I wrote it lol. I downloaded Map My Run I got really confused... :-/ maybe it does but I couldn't see how it generates a run route...so I downloaded an app called Route Loops for this one :) it's pretty basic though. Do u use Map My Run?

Whoops thought I wrote it lol. I downloaded Map My Run I got really confused... :-/ maybe it does but I couldn't see how it generates a run route...so I downloaded an app called Route Loops for this one :) it's pretty basic though. Do u use Map My Run?

I used map my run for the first time tonight :) but I ran my own route and it just logged and recorded I I might download that one :)

Attachments

• image-207114071.jpg
    image-207114071.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 25
Ahhhh I see! I use 'Nike+ Running' I love that, tells me my pace every 10 minutes. Yeah I like the idea of finding a route before I go, it's very difficult otherwise! :)

Attachments

• image-1615431985.jpg
    image-1615431985.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 25
My run went crud today! It's been such a tough week for me with everything but exercise, and today I let myself down big time! =( I ran a mile and had the worst cramps/ stitch ever, ended up walking a mile home and tries to run again but the pains just started up immediately. I think running after eating carbonara didn't go down too well! I waited half hour :( it was also pouring with rain and I didn't have a great coat on...all in all terrible! Gonna see how early I get up tomorrow and so will see if I can get out before work and try redeem myself!! I wanted to complete 3 miles but my body wasn't having any of it =( I hope it was just rain and cramps that ruined it, and I can carry on through this just fine.

Making me very nervous to dare do Park Run Saturday and face same disaster as today =(

Being on the new week!

This morning, 15 minutes on exercise bike. 5k

Would love to take up jogging but I know I would have to stop after 15 seconds, if that. Once a few more stone have come off I'm going to give it a try.

My run went crud today! It's been such a tough week for me with everything but exercise, and today I let myself down big time! =( I ran a mile and had the worst cramps/ stitch ever, ended up walking a mile home and tries to run again but the pains just started up immediately. I think running after eating carbonara didn't go down too well! I waited half hour :( it was also pouring with rain and I didn't have a great coat on...all in all terrible! Gonna see how early I get up tomorrow and so will see if I can get out before work and try redeem myself!! I wanted to complete 3 miles but my body wasn't having any of it =( I hope it was just rain and cramps that ruined it, and I can carry on through this just fine.

Making me very nervous to dare do Park Run Saturday and face same disaster as today =(

Being on the new week!

Ah sweetheart don't worry - cramps/stitch are just one of those things. Did you warm up the muscles and ligaments around your ribs before starting? That can help to prevent it, and I tend not to eat at all before a run, or if I need to have something it's just a banana x

20 mins on the bike and 10 mins run at the gym this morning :D

This morning, 15 minutes on exercise bike. 5k

Would love to take up jogging but I know I would have to stop after 15 seconds, if that. Once a few more stone have come off I'm going to give it a try.

Everyone starts somewhere with jogging - in my first week I could only run for 1 min at a time (and at a snail's pace) but within 8 weeks I was up to 30 mins - little and often, and good technique is the key :) I did a running course with a professional and it was worth every penny to ensure I was running the correct way to avoid injuries xx

Running course sounds like a brilliant idea!

I'm scheduling a de-chocolafying 5k tomorrow morning for myself! I'll make sure I warm up :) and no heavy pasta dinners this time! Lol ^.^

Haha good stuff! The best way to warm up the muscles around your ribs is to stand with feet hip-width apart, hips facing front, and then let your arms hang to your sides and twist your upper body around from side to side, letting your arms swing around with the momentum, but always keeping your hips facing front :) Do this for about a minute if you can x

Haha good stuff! The best way to warm up the muscles around your ribs is to stand with feet hip-width apart, hips facing front, and then let your arms hang to your sides and twist your upper body around from side to side, letting your arms swing around with the momentum, but always keeping your hips facing front :) Do this for about a minute if you can x

Aww thanks ill do that!! I always get a stitch around my hips/waist ?!! Weird!

I was just thinking of maybe doing Race For Life. It's on 30th June where I live, I'd have no-one to do it with though!

Back