Your partner's opinion on the diet ?

Hi all! I have to say my partner could win the best supportive partner of the year when it comes to me and the CD!!!
At times when I've been weak and have wanted a piece of chicken or something other than my packs, he has actually stood infront the fridge and said no! He calls it "TOUGH LOVE"
Well... it works for me as this is my 4th week and still going strong!!!

xxx

you've hit the nail on the head Twingo, i feel exactly the same... i want to feel sexy and irresistable :)

bless him according to my partner i am sexy and irresistable, i think he's just not that picky!

Tanya: If my partner did that it would be a red rag to a bull i would be in that fridge quicker than anything, but then i have a rebellious nature and hate being told what to do. I know i'm a teenager!

My hubby is wonderfully supportive and seems impressed with the results so far :D

My fiance was surprisingly supportive when I told him. I was worried about his reaction though, so much so that I snuck off to see my CDC on our first meeting. I felt like I was off on a sordid rendezvous! I told him the day after, with a lot of "honey you know I love you and am always there for you....." and a lot of batting eyelashes lol. But as soon as I said it, he said he trusted my judgement and would do all he could to support me. His only caveat was that I had to keep cooking him meals (I'm a great cook :D ) and that I won't be too weak and tired for sex! Sheesh! lol

Occassionally he would say oh lets go to lunch at x place and I would give him a look like, haven't you been listening?!! And he would whine about how he misses our meals out etc but I just tell him that its only for a short time and he promised his support. He's pretty good otherwise, in fact he said the sweetes t thing the other day, I was complaining about missing food and fed up and just wanted to give up and he said no just stick to it, only a few weeks left and you don't want to do anything to "remove your ketosis" LOL :D

Last edited:
My bf is very supportive, as a few friends at work have lost amazing amounts at work on LL.
I found this forum and decided to do CD instead, money you know, and he was brilliant....
I still cook for him sometimes and he's great about me not wanting to cook on certain days...
I could not ask for more support from him,,,, on the other hand my mother.....well thats a different story LOL

It's great to hear your stories - and it seems most of your other halves are pretty supportive.

All we need to do now is keep on losing and prove that we can do it - I'm sure they'd consider that thanks enough.

My OH was abit sceptical at first as he has seen me do various diets (WW and SW). and of course the weekly cost, but when I worked it out that it was probably cheaper than all the junk food we eat each week he agreed.
Only on day 8 but so far he has been quite good, making his own food not eating junk food in front of me etc. We even went to the cinema and he didn't have any goodies so I wouldn't feel left out bless him!!

on the other hand my mother.....well thats a different story LOL
With me, the problem is my dad :mad::mad::mad:
He lost a stone in the last 2 months by eating sensibly and walking 1 to 2 hours every day!!! well, I'm not going to walk that much, I work and have 2 young kids, and I'm too much a black or white kind of person, I prefer to stick to 3 CD meals a day than having to cook and weight everything...

My wife is very supportive...which is handy, as she's also my CDC!!

When she was on the diet last year I tried to help her as much as possible and now I'm getting the same in return.

The fact that we both have a good understanding of the diet and the problems you can face when doing it has helped me a lot over the past 2 weeks...only been on CD a fortnight but 100% so far :)

Not suprisingly we talk about Cambridge a lot...not just about me doing it but about her work as a CDC as it was a big step for both of us for her to become a CDC, but everything is going great so far :D

my wife is very supportive...which is handy, as she's also my cdc!!

When she was on the diet last year i tried to help her as much as possible and now i'm getting the same in return.

The fact that we both have a good understanding of the diet and the problems you can face when doing it has helped me a lot over the past 2 weeks...only been on cd a fortnight but 100% so far :)

not suprisingly we talk about cambridge a lot...not just about me doing it but about her work as a cdc as it was a big step for both of us for her to become a cdc, but everything is going great so far :d

well there are lots of benefits of living with your cdc,
you'll never be short on advice or packs.....good luck with your weight loss, and congrats to your wife on becoming a cdc
xx

Back