Your thoughts on aqua aerobics and pilates?

Butterfly1

I have never done pilates before- is it any good?

I have started going to aqua aerobics and really dont know if it's going to do any good- apart from the fact i am off my backside moving! It doesnt seem to get my heart racing and i am no where near breaking into a sweat!

Please tell me what you think x:D

Pilates works your core muscles and helps with strength and flexibility. It isn't (generally) high cardio work, although some of it does get your heart rate up. Pilates and Yoga are both brilliant forms of exercise, as is Aqua Aerobics and all pretty low intensity on the body, but make you feel great. I do yoga the most and loooove the way you feel afterwards, pilates is similar to this. You can't go wrong with any form of exercise I don't think! Good luck!

Pilates is really good for helping build lean muscle too, makes you look leaner and more streamlined.

Aqua is a great combination of cardio and resistance, and has the added benefits of being easy on your joints.

Both are good to ease you into exercise. I love pilates it's so relaxing at the time but then the next day I feel as if I had a really good workout.

I love both! I enjoyed doing aqua when I was a member of a gym and did pilates there too.

I now do yoga at home either with a dvd or with classes on my ipod. I think with excersise you need to find something that you enjoy to git yourself to stick with it.

That's brill. I was just concerned that as they weren't cardio workouts they wouldnt be that beneficial!(not that i want to do cardio workouts!- oh no!!) I am going to continue with the aqua and have a induction for a 30 weekm pilates course sept 24th! If i am off my backside and moving it's got to be good whatever it is- surely!

Thanks everyone x

Pilates is brill. You don't need to be coordinated and you work at your own pace. Even if you think you are taking it easy you will still feel it the next day.I have done aquafit and it can be difficult the water seems to 'take over' at times and you find yourself randomly drifting towards other people. THough as everyone before me has quite rightly stated any exercise is good.

Back