Yummy carrot cake!

ConfusedGirl

I just had a second go at making the SW carrot cake, this time i managed to remember the carrot! :D

And it was totaly gorgeous!! If i do say so myself haha!

I also made some baked egg custard, it's busy chilling at the minute but i had a sneaky taste before and that was also lovely :) Im planning on having some later with another slice of carrot cake :D

Im so pleased cos it's not very often that anything i make turns out well haha!! :D:D

I just had a second go at making the SW carrot cake, this time i managed to remember the carrot! :D

And it was totaly gorgeous!! If i do say so myself haha!

I also made some baked egg custard, it's busy chilling at the minute but i had a sneaky taste before and that was also lovely :) Im planning on having some later with another slice of carrot cake :D

Im so pleased cos it's not very often that anything i make turns out well haha!! :D:D

Where did you get the recipe for the carrot cake and did you find it easy to make? I'm disastrous at baking cakes but would dearly love to find one easy to make.

Hi my OH's mum gave me the recipe, she got it from her slimming world group. It's on the slimming world website too. Yes it was actually very easy to make! Which is why i decided to make it cos im not good at making anything complicated haha!

I didnt have any scan bran though so i used 120g bran flakes instead.

Here is the recipe:

120g bran flakes (or 4 scan bran) (crushed)
1 weetabix (crushed)
1 carrot (grated)
1tsp cinnamon
1tsp nutmeg
half tsp mixed spices
1tbsp runny honey
1 tbsp mincemeat (was supposed to be 2 but tbh 1 large tbsp is all you need really)
3 eggs (beaten)

Preheat oven at 160.
Put all the ingrediants into one large bowl, mix well.
Turn the mixture into a lined tin, cover with foil and cook for 30 mins. Remove foil and cook for another 30 minutes.

Although the second half it only needed 20 minutes but your oven may be different lol.

Im gonna go have some soup and then for pudding some carrot cake with baked egg custard oooh yummy :)

NP :) I just had some now with the egg custard and omg it was lovely!! I will deffo be making both of them agen!! Ooh i love it when i discover yummy new things hehehe :) Was getting a little sick of the SW chocolate cake lmao!!

Hi my OH's mum gave me the recipe, she got it from her slimming world group. It's on the slimming world website too. Yes it was actually very easy to make! Which is why i decided to make it cos im not good at making anything complicated haha!

I didnt have any scan bran though so i used 120g bran flakes instead.

Here is the recipe:

120g bran flakes (or 4 scan bran) (crushed)
1 weetabix (crushed)
1 carrot (grated)
1tsp cinnamon
1tsp nutmeg
half tsp mixed spices
1tbsp runny honey
1 tbsp mincemeat (was supposed to be 2 but tbh 1 large tbsp is all you need really)
3 eggs (beaten)

Preheat oven at 160.
Put all the ingrediants into one large bowl, mix well.
Turn the mixture into a lined tin, cover with foil and cook for 30 mins. Remove foil and cook for another 30 minutes.

Although the second half it only needed 20 minutes but your oven may be different lol.

Im gonna go have some soup and then for pudding some carrot cake with baked egg custard oooh yummy :)

How many sys please?

I might try and make this for my OH, he loves carrot cake. Might just forget to tell him its a SW recipe until after he has tried it :)

If you use scan bran its 12 and a half syns for the whole cake. If you use the bran flakes it's 20 syns for the whole cake. :D

Back