Yummy Mummy

aud504

Well this is my 2nd week of Juddd, and I've decided to start a diary. My history so far with dieting, is that I've tried most diets over the years from weight watchers, calorie counting. The best losses have been with weight watchers, but worst experience with slimming pills I one took for 3 months. Lost the weight, but I felt so ill.

I've always however come off the diets, not maintained it and put on the weight. I've got an under active thyroid, which probably has'nt been helped by years of messing around with my metabolism, by restricted calorie counting.

This year my weight was the highest it's ever been at 12 st 11lbs. I'm only 5ft 3ins. I did a VLCD to lose a huge amount quick, and motivate myself. So I started this in April, and am now 10 st 11lbs.

However a couple of weeks ago I came to the end of the road with the VCLD that I was on, and really missed eating food.

I read about Juddd, and liked the idea of feasting and fasting on alternate days. Plus another bit I like is that I can rev my metabolism up a bit on this.

So far I have not lost anything, but am still sticking at 10 st 11lbs, which maybe because of me changing over from a Vlcd. I am aiming to eat what I like on my up days, and limit myself to 400 -500 kcals on dd.

So far I am enjoying my up days, and have really indulged at first, but it now seems to be settling down, and I am now starting to look forward to the dd which is becoming easier.

Well tomorrows a dd, and I will wait until I am hungry before I eat. Will have a warm glass of water with lemon juice in the morning, then a bar and a shake later in the day. Using up my Vlcd's. will also have a slim a soup, a sugar free jelly and options hot choc later.

Weigh ins will be Weekly. Next one on Tuesday after dd tomorrow. I hope those scales finally move the right way!!

Well weighed myself this morning and scales still stuck at 10.11.6. But it it is also TOTM. Had 523 kcals yesterday on my DD. little over the 500 I planned, but still not bad I think.

Had toast and marmalade this morning, and two little fairy cakes. Toasted sandwich for lunch, then chicken risotto tonight. Enjoying my cappuccino at the moment. Up days are lovely!!

Hey Aud, welcome to the forum. Don't worry too much about being stuck, it can be quite common. Have you remembered to take your measurements?

Keep us updated on your progress, i'm looking forward to following your journey with you.

Hi Carrot_tit

Thanks for the welcome. That's a good idea re the measurements. I will take them tomorrow. Well I was doing a good dd today, until I cooked dinner at 4pm. Something happened, and I just wanted to eat. Decided to have this as an up day, and ate. So because of this, tomorrow will now become my dd. have had cheese toasties, choc ice, and digestive biscuits. Finished off with a dreamy caramel options drink.

May be better, as today I was exercising, and really felt that I needed to eat.

Its always on an evening when those rebellious thoughts cross my mind and i want to eat everything not nailed to the ground! Even if i'm not hungry! Just one of those things i think but the beauty of IF is that tomorrow is a new day and you can just start again. On a lot of other diets if you'd over indulged you would have felt like you'd blown it completely. Tomorrow is always a new day :)

Just popped by to subscribe. Looks like you're getting into the plan nicely! And i have to say go with what carrot_tit said about measurements and keeping a record. It does wonders for motivation :) looking forward to following your journey!

Well today not good. Got up this morning and decided to have an up day as original plan as just felt I wanted to eat today. Weighed myself this morning ( I know I should'nt have after what turned out to be an up day yesterday, and I have put a lb on. Weighed 10.12. Feeling fed up, so had my up day. And thoroughly enjoyed it. Had a sweetie afternoon with a snickers bar. And chicken risotto that I cooked yesterday, but did'nt get to eat yesterday. I suppose yesterday was an in between day, as I did'nt have a full up days calories in the end.

Feel,like giving up with these scales not moving, and now going up. It's nearly the end of my second week. I am tempted to go back on my VLCD in order to make those scales move down quickly. Help and advice really needed and appreciated now 0:(

Last edited:
Hi

Well think will go back to my old VLCD, as I really want to see those scales move downwards. I'm just too impatient. Think I will come back to this diet for when I want to maintain, as I like the up days without any calorie counting.

I would like to see another stone off quick, to get to 9st 11, then look at maintaining or slowly losing more. I also want to get to my healthy bmi of 25, and am only 1 away from it now.

So sorry all, going off to my VLCD forum, and hopefully see you when that stone is gone xx

Hi All

I'm back to JUDDD. Lost some pounds on the VLCD, but got to grumpy to continue it any more. Now weighing 10.4 and quite happy with this weight, plus Bmi is now 25. I was going to transition into JUDDD, but rather go straight into it. Today is an up day, and my fast days will be tues, thurs and Sundays. I will fast using 3 VLCD shakes a day, so that will be 600 kcals on fast days.

Right, going to enjoy the rest of my up day today.

Ps weigh in days will be Wednesdays, starting next week, and I expect to see a couple of lbs gain next week, and not really any loss until three weeks. By then I should have adjusted to the diet.

Well not much luck on having a down day today. Seem to feel like stuffing myself after my VLCD. All good intentions this morning as I was going to have 3 shakes for my DD.

But somehow don't think this will work as want food. Plus I feel like I'm missing out by just having shakes.

Does anyone else have experience of this and how did they overcome it. Think today will have to be another up day, and do tomorrow as a DD with food.

Any good ideas on what I can eat tomorrow that is low in kcals? Also how much is best for me to aim for tomorrow as a DD?

I am not sure I can be of much help because I have not done a vlcd but when I first started juddd I had to plan 3 meals a day .

Check out my diary for what I ate ( go back to the beginning last year)

But basically it was something like this

Breakfast
Fat free natural yoghurt and frozen raspberries

Lunch
Home made Tom and red pepper soup

Dinner
Vegetables with carrot and Swede mash or parsnips and gravy

Hi Aud, I've come over from Cambridge. Came off in June and have maintained since then. Would like to lose another stone. Only on day 3 so its all new to me. I stuffed myself on my first up day but ended up going to bed feeling really sick and uncomfortable all night. Just kept picking at sweeties all day long. So today is my 2nd up day and I'm calling it my CUDs (controlled up days) I don't think I can be trusted with unlimited up days and I'm much better when I set myself goals and targets. I much prefer being in control and loved that about Cambridge. I never lost control on my vlcd journey and lost 3.5 stone in 12 weeks. I don't want to lose what I have achieved so nipping it in the bud already.
My CUD today is going to consist of 3 meals and definitely no nibbles or naughtiness just decent meals to satisfy me and I'm going to have what I want. Will see if that works better for me.
Good luck today Aud xx

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi DN and Will

Thanks for the tips, I have just updated my shopping list and gonna get some fat free yogurt and frozen raspberries. The soups sound good for lunch, and carrot and swede. All good fillers.

Well today I woke up full and content ready for my DD, after reading lots of diaries last night to get tips. Also re read JUDDD, and worked out that my 20% for DD gives me only 379 kcals for the 2 wk induction period to turn the Sirti gene on. Normal kcals for up days to be under 1895, so that's quite a lot.

I'm not going to count the up days, as I like the idea of freedom, and I will eat what I fancy. I reckon my body will automatically stop me eating, due to the effects of fasting. Also if I don't deny myself anything, I won't really want it anyway.

So today I started with lots of water, black coffee and 2 satsumas for breakfast. Lunch was a tin of baxters chicken broth with a slice of WW bread. Pudding was an alpen light bar.

Later for snacks I will have an options drink, a sugar free jelly pot and a small packet of raisins. Lots of water, black coffee and coke zeros.

Total kcals is 379

Hi W

Just posted on your diary. Noticed that your on an up day today by CUD. Let me know how you get on tomorrow with your DD.

Weighed myself this morning after starting JUDDD Monday, and having 2 up days and 1 down. Weight is 10.7, so gain of 3 lbs. But that is to be expected so early on, especially in transition from a VLCD to juddd.
My Glycogen stores are probably full now, so that's good. I expect some stabilising or loss in a couple of weeks whilst sticking to Juddd.

Was good yesterday, kept to 379 kcals, and I found it much easier to do by keeping busy, eating food instead of shakes, and drinking lots. I did'nt feel hungry, and still felt full this morning. Probably the result of 2 up days in a row.

I think I can understand now why it is important to eat loads on an up day ( that is within your allowed kcal limit), so that you don't feel so hungry the next day when you have to reduce the kcals.

It must also be revving and tricking your metaboilism.

Today going to enjoy myself. So far had 2 thick granary bread toasted with marg and marmalade and a caffe latte. Also a sneaky custard cream. Felt a bit guilty over the biscuit, but have to stop that now. Not going to deny myself on an up day. If I fancy a biscuit, I'll have a biscuit. Within reason of course. I won't have a packet of biscuits. I don't want a packet of biscuits because I am allowed to eat what I want!

Sorry for rambling, does this make sense. Have to undo the psychological babble that comes with years of dieting on this journey.

Back