Yummy Mummy

I failed miserably yesterday I was OUT of control and pigged my way to oblivion and back again...oddly weight was only up by 1lb which was really strange because u was on the biggest carb and sugar fest ever. Its hard but I must learn to have faith in juddd like I did Cambridge.

Sounds like your doing really well and in control. Wish I had some of that. I'm hoping it will come once I'm more settled and don't relate eating to being naughty. Eating is good, fasting is good...

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi W and D

I was'nt fully in control on my first 2 up days. I wanted to eat everything, and allowed myself too, in order to get it out of my system, and I think that strategy worked. By the time of my DD, I think it enabled me to fast as I did'nt really feel hungry. Also I reckon your tummy must shrink to some extent on a DD, which hopefully automatically stops you over eating anyway on the next day up day. Well I hope so, as that's my theory.

Well for the rest of my up day today, I had a crown carvery, a bowl of bottomless ice cream and another caffe latte, and 2 meringue nests. I am totally stuffed now.

Although I said that I would not check my kcals on my up days, and just eat what I fancied, out of curiosity I thought I'd check it on MFP.

Well I've gone 138 kcals over allowed calories of 1848, so quite happy with that. Can't believe I ate so much.

Day 5 for me and a DD. did well until lunchtime, and then just wanted to eat, so I did. Ate biscuits, toasted cheese sandwich and finished off with sponge and custard. Have started thinking that maybe Juddd is not for me. I feel that the down days will lead to binge eating. Have to think what I want to do, as I don't want to undo all my hard work so far.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Don't give up I know I'm a fine one to talk but turn it into an Upday and just swap around. I was panicking and stressing myself the other day and now I'm going to relax and just go with it. The beauty of juddd is that you can do that. If you want a few updays have them. Ivehad a few months of eating since coming off my vlcd and I've still struggled not to binge. Like every day all day. Its sooo hard but you need to take charge and decide what really is best for you and stay with it. Through good days and bad days. I don't think you've done too badly don't be harsh on yourself.draw a line and move on. Put it down to experience xxx

You need to find what works for you but the beauty of juddd is you have not fallen off the diet all you have done is have a extra up day .

When you get tempted on a dd day try and wait 15 mins telling yourself you can eat whatever you want tomorrow . Often the hunger wanes

Thanks for your replys. Will put it behind me and move on. So far though I've only done one DD this week, and tomorrow we all go out for lunch as normal on Saturdays, so think my next DD will have to be Sunday.

I'm also struggling with only 379 kcals to eat on a DD.

Think I might give myself some losing weight hypnosis sessions to see if that helps me along. Have just downloaded an app to my I phone, and will start it tomorrow.

Not sure if this wanting to eat what I want all the time is the result go having been on a VLCD for so long. Will it level out?

I had 600 cals yesterday on my DD and still dropped a pound this week. Mayb u could up your DD cals for a bit until you settle down again.

For me the desire to binge has Been there since June when I finished VLCD and have tried a few failed attempts to get back into it but could only last max 3 days before failing. Have Been doing this since June so decided to try juddd.

I am certain that trying for 500 for a few weeks to get you into the swing of things would help . I have lent my copy of the juddd book to someone buy I am sure somewhere in that 500 is fine for most people on down days , that is fed the case if you read the IF book in fact Robert Skinner says aim for between 500 and 600 man or woman .

Good luck

Thanks W and D

W - glad I'm not the only one that has these binge feelings since a VLCD. I could quite easily go back to a VLCD, but I get so grumpy on it now, plus I'm now worried about the binge feeling effects when finished.

Tomorrow I'll aim for 500 kcals then, and see how I do on that. Weighed myself this morning and now 10.8, so gain now of 4lbs. Fed results into my true weight app, which has however recorded my true weight as 10.5.3

From what I have read your body will need to stabilise coming off a vlcd. I know mine hovered around 10-10st 4 but when I first stopped my vlcd I was 9.10 so I have infact had a gain but stabilised that gain since June and now hoping for small losses. I think even if you just maintain a few weeks first while your body settles down at least your not gaining all or your weight back. This week my first up day I was 10.2 so tomorrow I'm hoping for 10st on the nose after a full 7 days. But realistically its taken me 4 months to even hope to get any more off since vlcd. I think your gain of 4 is what would be expected and your liver has filled with water and glycogen and it won't be fat that has caused the gain. I would focus on stabilising first and then getting the pounds off. If you can have up days and enjoy eating again with a few DDs inbetween and manage to sts think of that as an achievement because most people who do vlcd regain all their weight within the first year and I think I read its only 5% that keep it off.

Thanks W. it all makes sense now, and I think that's a good plan. So I will eat what I like on up days, and try the DD inbetween. Hopefully my weight will soon stabilise, and then I can start losing again. I don't want to be one of those that regains the weight lost.

Thanks again for your help and support

Not been on here for a couple of days as needed to rethink my diet. Have discovered that I am an emotional eater, eat loads of junk food when bored or emotional about anything. Although I don't eat to excess, I still eat more than I should, and the wrong foods frequently when emotional.

This did'nt occur on the VLCD, as food was out of the equation. The test came when introducing food back, as in going straight to JUDDD. Probably not the best diet for someone like me, as I am eating excessively one day, and then depriving myself the next day.

I think this has been leading me to binge, and focusing so much on food.

Only way that I've realised all this is by reading an article in the daily mail today about binge eating. ( and that binge eaters are not necessarily overweight as they can also successfully lose weight quite easily, but also quite easily put the weight back on, so yo yo dieting.

I've now downloaded Paul Mckennas think yourself thin app, and going to try his hypnosis, instead of dieting. It's quite good as it also has techniques on it to overcome emotional eating and craving busters. He is also dead against diets, and works on the premise of 4 simple rules.

So going to give that a go for a while, and see how I get on with that. Haven't seen a thread for this, so may have to start one. Good luck to all on Juddd, and hopefully it works for you.

Good luck I think the principle behind Paul Mckenna is great you might also want to look into inutitive eating and Beyond chocolate by Audrey and Sophie Boss .

I love these principles but for me gained weight on both. But everyone is different . There is deffinitely a paul mckenna support group on minimins but it is super quiet.

I do use Paul's hypnosis cd to help me sleep though (the weight loss one, for me the sleep one doesnt help me at all bizarrely )

Thanks Derbydanny

I could'nt find the support group but lots of different threads in other diets. I've now started my diary under the healthy eating forum. I'll have a look at those books you recommended. Funny about using Paul McKenna weight loss cd to sleep. I'll give it a go though x

Back