Yummy Scrummy Summertime Still Lemonade

StaceyUK

Gold Member
Syn Free
(most fruits when juice are synned but I checked the basic foods on syns online and it said lemons, juice/rind was free)

Makes nearly 2 litres of lemonade when water added to base

2 1/2 cups water
1 1/4 cups Splenda
1 tbsp grated lemon zest
1 1/4 cups fresh sqeezed lemon juice (about 8-9 large lemons)

This recipe makes a base, then when you mix it to drink, you mix equal parts base and water, ie. 1/2 C water with 1/2 C base to drink.

Boil the kettle and pour water into a pan. Add the Splenda and zest. Stir until Splenda is dissolved and leave to cool for about 20 mins. Add lemon juice and stir.

Again, this is your base, don't forget to mix with equal parts water and enjoy!

Note: this makes a tart lemonade so if you like yours a bit sweeter you will have to add more Splenda. I tend to make up the base, measure it and pour into an old 2lt bottle, add the equal amount of water and refrigerate. After it's nice and chilled I taste it and if it's too tart, take out some of the lemonade, mix it with some Splenda and pour back into the bottle.

Don't forget to shake the bottle before serving as the zest tends to settle at the bottom! :party0036:

No it's adapted from one my sister in America makes. She makes it for family functions and it always goes really quickly! She got it from an american cookbook. Of course she uses sugar instead of splenda which does give a different taste but I think this is an acceptable alternative!

Made some for my friend and she loved it! Have made a batch for tonight's SW buffet so will let you all know what the verdict is!

We usually have one the last Wed of the month but we're having a summer party tonight and it's the end of our 12 wk Slimming World Cindy cheerleader that we had to colour in. The biggest loser gets a free 6wk countdown. Woop woop! (actually, I'd love to win it! Don't think I stand a chance as we've had a bloke join who's losing loads!)

Have made my lemonade, chocolate mocha truffles and some chicken liver and bacon pate.

Wow you've been busy! We don't have buffets that often but when we do I never know what to take. I will ask you next time!

back to the OP, I will have to try that lemonade, I can imagine it is nice and refreshing

OOH THAT SOUNDS LUSH! I so may give that a shot! xty
x

Same amount of sugar - I just swapped it for Splenda!

Everyone LOVED the lemonade, truffles and pate - especially the pate so I will post the recipe up here tomorrow when I get the chance.

Adapted from the Cook Yourself Thin recipe. Absolutely divine!!!!! :eat:

CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES

Total syns: 57.5
Makes approx 19 truffles = 3 syns/truffle
(can make truffles bigger or smaller to suit)

200g good quality chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
6 tbsp strong black coffee (such as espresso)
2 tbsp clear honey
2 tsp Splenda, or to taste (optional)
1 tbsp cocoa powder, to dust

1) Melt chocolate in a large bowl over simmering water or alternatively microwave until melted.

2) Gently pour in the coffee and slowly mix it into the chocolate until the consistency thickens. The texture of the chocolate will start to seize and thicken almost instantly.

3) Add the honey a tablespoon at a time and slowly mix it in until you get a highly glossy chocolate mixture. This should only take a couple of minutes. Taste and
add Splenda if desired.

4) Chill the bowl in the fridge for an hour or until the truffle mixture is nearly solid.

5) Sieve the cocoa powder onto a plate. Scrape a teaspoonful of the mixture into the palm of your hand and roll into a marble-sized ball, then roll through
the cocoa powder until fully coated and pop into an airtight container. Repeat the process until all the mixture is used up and store in the fridge. Dust with additional Splenda if desired.

Think i may make some of this to take to my nephews birthday party so i dont get temted with all the sugary drinks lol

If you mixed with sparkling water, could you have fizzy lemonade? Just a thought... :)
Emma

Back