ZERO coke

jfc

Silver Member
Is there a limit to how much you can drink of Zero on a VLCD

It seems to stop my cravings but I dont want to end up out of ketosis...I am dinking mainly water and shakes but I find when I feel a bit as if I may eat ...having a glass of zero helps me keep away from the fridge

Hmm, I'd like to know, what they replace it with to make it "Zero" and retain the taste? Though that could be a scary answer and im not overly sure if I would want to know that!!!

Pierce

The recommendation on any zero calorie drink (I believe) is not until you are fully in ketosis, and then limited to no more than 1/2 pint per day. Double check with your CDC though, as often the flavourings used in these drinks can kick off cravings.

I've been having 2 cans a day for the past week or so and haven't found it's affected my weightloss at all - and it is a lovely change in this weather from water.

Mmmm! Coke Zero!

I had a lady who isn't under me but regulary mails me for a chat who has been on SS since January with absolutely no problems. She then had a can of Coke Zero last week and within a few hours started feeling very hungry and then started to eat food. I realise that these drinks have little or no carbs etc and no calories but the natural flavourings can cause food cravins so my advice to all my clients is do not drink it! If it knocks you off the diet was it really worth it!

ive come to this conclusion, were all different and our bodys react differently. some people can have it, and stay in ketosis, others are very reactive to any changes. some people can have a can of zero everyday and it dosent lead them to eating, and it dosent start the cravings. same as chewing gum, some can chew all day no probelm on the ketosis front, others have 2 sticks and thier out of ketosis. my husband always has skimmed milk in his coffee..i keep telling him he shouldnt have it, but he gets away with it..one of my clients had 4 vodka and cokes and stayed in ketosis! jammy so'n'so! if youve got any hesitations dont do it..on the other hand you dont know until you try..its a bit of a gamble really, but the offical line is always no. i know myself i like to test boundries, if i do something and it goes wrong then at least i know not to do it again or to do it differetnly next time. my most succesful dieters are always the ones who follow the diet to the book. i say NO to my clients, when they ask about 'addittions' to the diet, but i know a fair amount of people do test the waters every now and then.
x
db

I also think that some people fool themselves into believing these additions aren't causing any problems and wonder why they keep falling off the wagon.

Not saying either way about whether they should be included or not. I'm not a counsellor....but, I do notice that people who add things often seem to fall more often.

lol I like your little skipping rope woman Karion!

M.

Time and time again I have found customers who use other add ons fail to stick to SS or find it very difficult.

From years of experience I can honestly say black tea, black coffee and plain old water are the safest and best fluids to have on this diet.

Linda
CD Counsellor

Agreed with bells on!

Nobody is on this diet for years and years and lets be honest it isn't that much fun so anything that makes you be on it longer should be avoided like the plague!

M.

icemoose said:
lol I like your little skipping rope woman Karion!

M.

Thank you Mr Moose. Feel free to join me in a skip. I'll 'call' you in :D

Only if I can sing!

Teddy bear , teddy bear ,
Touch the ground ,
Turn around ,
Walk upstairs ,
Say your prayers,
Turn down the light,
Say good night.

Teddy bear, teddy bear,
Turn around.
Teddy bear, teddy bear,
Touch the ground.
Teddy bear, teddy bear,
Show your shoe.
Teddy bear, teddy bear,
That will do.
Teddy bear, teddy bear,
Go upstairs.
Teddy bear, teddy bear,
Say your prayers.
Teddy bear, teddy bear,
Turn out the light.
Teddy bear, teddy bear,
Say good night.

Teddy bear, teddy bear, dressed in blue,
Can you do what I tell you to?
Teddy bear, teddy bear, turn around.
Teddy bear, teddy bear, touch the ground.
Teddy bear, teddy bear, do the splits.
Teddy bear, teddy bear, give a high kick.
Teddy bear, teddy bear, go upstairs.
Teddy bear, teddy bear, say your prayers.
Teddy bear, teddy bear, turn out the light.
Teddy bear, teddy bear, say good night.

Teddy Bear Teddy Bear turn around
Teddy Bear Teddy Bear touch the ground
Teddy Bear Teddy Bear show your shoe
Teddy Bear Teddy Bear that will do
Teddy Bear Teddy Bear go upstairs
Teddy Bear Teddy Bear say your prayers
Teddy Bear Teddy Bear turn off the light
Teddy Bear Teddy Bear say good night
{each child tries to act out the rhyme while jumping rope}

Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, turn around,
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, touch the ground
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, show your shoe
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, that will do!
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, go upstairs-
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, say your prayers-
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, turn out the lights-
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, say good-night!

OMG!! My favourite song! Still sing it to my 18 year old son :D He pretends he doesn't like it, but I'm sure he must ;)

Didn't know it had so many verses though!

I am just doing it now in my office!

Excellent. Skipping for 20 mins at a moderate pace burns up 187.5 calories for lady my weight :D

I guess that I would need to go through that song possibly 40 times to last 20 mins. How exciting...perhaps not :p

Keep at it though Mr Moose. I'll watch.

devonbabe said:
ive come to this conclusion, were all different and our bodys react differently. some people can have it, and stay in ketosis, others are very reactive to any changes. some people can have a can of zero everyday and it dosent lead them to eating, and it dosent start the cravings. same as chewing gum, some can chew all day no probelm on the ketosis front, others have 2 sticks and thier out of ketosis. my husband always has skimmed milk in his coffee..i keep telling him he shouldnt have it, but he gets away with it..one of my clients had 4 vodka and cokes and stayed in ketosis! jammy so'n'so! if youve got any hesitations dont do it..on the other hand you dont know until you try..its a bit of a gamble really, but the offical line is always no. i know myself i like to test boundries, if i do something and it goes wrong then at least i know not to do it again or to do it differetnly next time. my most succesful dieters are always the ones who follow the diet to the book. i say NO to my clients, when they ask about 'addittions' to the diet, but i know a fair amount of people do test the waters every now and then.
x
db

Yes...you are right about people being affected differently. I remember reading about a lad with anorexia...he was in ketosis for the wrong reasons...and I remember reading in the paper that he drank vodka to supress his appetite...and it didnt affect his ketosis...not that in his case it was advisable....it was in the news not that long ago.some of you may have read it too

Jennyx

With ref to alcohol, I think (much too often these days:eek:)...anyway...I think that people on VLCD's seem to focus on whether something brings them in or out of ketosis, without considering other things that might be included.

I'm no medical person, which is why I relied on the book and tried to keep to it. It says about never drinking alcohol whilst doing the diet or something (book not handy). Not "try to avoid or you might make the journey harder". No...it seems to be a much stronger message.

So we know ketosis is something to do with the liver and also the liver is the main place where alcohol is broken down, I can't help but wonder whether there is more of a risk to our highly balanced bodies when taking alcohol on a VLCD than perhaps just having a bit of chewing gum or something.

Ummm. Thinking too much here :D

Karion Dieting said:
With ref to alcohol, I think (much too often these days:eek:)...anyway...I think that people on VLCD's seem to focus on whether something brings them in or out of ketosis, without considering other things that might be included.

I'm no medical person, which is why I relied on the book and tried to keep to it. It says about never drinking alcohol whilst doing the diet or something (book not handy). Not "try to avoid or you might make the journey harder". No...it seems to be a much stronger message.

So we know ketosis is something to do with the liver and also the liver is the main place where alcohol is broken down, I can't help but wonder whether there is more of a risk to our highly balanced bodies when taking alcohol on a VLCD than perhaps just having a bit of chewing gum or something.

Ummm. Thinking too much here :D

Yes I agree...I think its along the same lines regarding not drinking on an empty stomach. We on our VLCD's are not putting anything except shakes and water in ours so are more vulnerable to the detrimental affects of alcohol.

Back