Zero Coke

Betty

Can we have it & does it keep u in keto?
I've read quite a few threads in relation to this?

I am not sure on the official guidelines, but my CDC says if I am going to have a coke to make it Coke Zero, something about citric acid in the other versions. Saying that I think she would have a heart attack if I drank more than one.

I have one can of Coke Zero every day (sometimes two!) and i am still in ketosis, so don't worry. But nothing else than Coke Zero though x

I will just add that this is not all about being in ketosis, though. Some folks find that artificial sweeteners make them hungry. So try to tune in to how it makes you feel if you have some Coke Zero, okay - and knock it straight on the head if you think it's going to lead you astray!

I have done SS on LL once and CD twice and always drunk Diet Coke / Coke Zero. This time round my CDC recommended I stick to Coke Zero, which I have.

x

I'm trying to wean myself off of fizzy drinks....i allow myself one zero every other day but I must drink a 2 litre bottle of water first! x

My consultant doesn't allow me to have it at all. I know some CDC do though. As she said to me at the end of the day there is something that makes it black and something that makes it taste good so she says no to it. It is your choice though xx

From step 2, you are allowed diet soft drink every now and then but not every day. It's in the allowed list for fluids =) when i go down to step 1 i'm not going to have any fizzy drinks other then sparkling water x

Every time I've done this diet I've had Coke Zero. It keeps me going, doesn't affect my losses and doesn't make me hungry, BUT that is just me. Other people could be different and I can understand the arguments against it.

I only recently discovered Dr Pepper Zero has no citric acid in it either which has been bliss :)

Mmm im really desperate to drink something other than water but i do have the worry that if i have coke zero i will crave other things... gona stick to water for as long as i can i think.

Oh my goodness? Coke zero and dr pepper zero! Is this for real?

Gonna wait and discuss with CDC thought but wooooo!! x

I used to drink it a lot and it made me constantly hungry and my losses poor. I think ot keptnme out of keto.
This time around no fizzy drinks (i was proper addicted) and im doing sp much better. X

Ela ine said:
Oh my goodness? Coke zero and dr pepper zero! Is this for real?

Gonna wait and discuss with CDC thought but wooooo!! x

The official line is now no fizzy drinks but it used to be allowed about 4 years ago! Your CDC will say no! I drink it and always have. Sometimes water is just too much water! However I make sure I always drink my minimum water first.

I must be a lucky one then cos my CDC said yes! Only one can or glass tho

My CDC says I can have a can a day but only after my water. Unfortunately I struggle a lot with water as I hate the stuff. I'm lucky if I can manage a litre a day but still I drink coke zero. I'm trying to stop as I know the small amount of water mixed with a lot of coke zero is effecting my losses. So slowly but surely I'm weaning myself off it. I'm very much the sort of doing things to the extreme when it comes to food and drink - hence CD! So trying to break the cycle and starting with the coke zero lol.

Have you tried the water flavouring? I am the same and really struggle with plain water but the flavourings make it taste really nice! I prefer sunshine orange :)

Sunshine orange is delightful in sparkling water. Well worth it x

Betty said:
Sunshine orange is delightful in sparkling water. Well worth it x

Mmmm like fanta? Or lilt? Lol I'm hopeful aren't I :p

How much are the water flavourings? Are they a little like squash?! x

I love summer berry! It's stronger then squash. You can use one teaspoon in a two litre bottle and still taste it x

Back