Induction Zero noodle rice pudding?

moonlights

Gold Member
As just having a think about this...

If I cut up a bag of zero noodles into small bits...

Heated up some alpro soya milk, melted a few splenda tabs in it, mixed in some nutmeg... Added a glug of cream and poured over the cut noodles

Then baked for a while...

Does anyone think that might work? Can you bake with alpro?

Could just use cream but would be higher carb and epic calories...

Either way I think I might make myself a sweet milky drink with alpro and a little vanilla Essence and splenda tabs today. At under 1g carbs per 100 mil alpro really is a fantastic thing.

But people who know how to cook - thoughts on the rice pudding?

Hi don't know bout pudding, but should work as long as the noodles soak up the milk, not too sure what it would taste like, I have heard the noodles don't taste great. I can't find them anywhere, where did u get them.

Might work - half the fun on atkins is experimenting:)

Also worth just googling - low carb rice pudding. You will find lots of recipes that people have already tried and tested:D

If you google zero noodles you can buy them online - that's what I do. You can also get them at the low carb megastore. I don't find they taste or smell funny but they have a very very chewy texture - they're not like ordinary noodles at all and I'm not sure they'd soak up milk.

I may experiment though. And good idea Katie, I'll google that too.

i've just bought some, and you can get the 'rice' too, so you don't need to chop up the noodles. let us know what it tastes like! :D xx

The rice I looked at was slightly higher carb, maybe they've changed it.

Just had a milky drink with alpro sweetener and vanilla for under 1 carb and it felt like a delicious treat.

Do you use the unsweetened alpro soya milk or the normal one?
The unsweetened one tastes horrible!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Unsweetened as it has barely any carbs. I just add sweetener of my own to it.

the first day i used the unsweetened soya milk i thought it wasn't very nice either. but now i've got used to it and barely notice the difference, in fact 'normal' milk/cream tastes funny to me now lol

Back