Zero Ponts

So you mean to say you can technically go over by say 5 / 6 points and still lose weight? ... surely that can't be everyday, but maybe in a week?

NO no no no no!!!!!!!! ITs very risky for people to believe this!!!! We are all different, and maintenence is not an exact science. I am very strict with my points, and have really struggled with maintaining, some weeks I can get away with my extra 6, other weeks I lose or gain. And I do a lot of exercise. WW say you can add 6 but if your weight goes up you drop back and vice versa. I use the ww message boards on their official site, and some people only get to add in one or 2 extra points to maintain!!!! We are all different, hence why some of us regularly lose 2-3lbs a week and others take a month to lose that - our bodies and metabolisms are all different!!!

If you stuff yourself silly with veg i would not call that bingeing. Because i take it you are doing it to be full, in my mind bingeing isnt about being hungry at all. Also most 0 point food like vegetables are good for you so eating alot wont do you any harm at all, it is what ww encourages remember! Also having alot of 0 point food and not being hungry is alot better than eating something else that doesnt fill you up for loads of points! Its just about balance, i wouldnt worry about how many 0 point things you are eating unless you stop losing and are still sticking to the right points, then i would maybe start counting a small amount for them.

Ooohhhhhh dear. I usually have a massive pot of zero point veg soup on the go so I have that to fill up on instead of snacking. This was my issue when I did ww years ago I used to eat loads of no point soup / veg stew and so my portion sizes crept up. I really need to watch this. At least we have zero point options to keep us going especially on those tougher days. Thanks for your thread. It's made me think xxx

I think this is a pretty good point. Really, 0 point foods are ok in moderation but I guess we have to be careful because we can end up forgetting to think about portion sizes. Much better than having a 'binge' on high fat/sugar foods but still need to keep an eye on them.

I ate 3 ww cake slices the other day, just because they were '1 point' each. It's not very good though - in reality I still ate 3 pieces of cake which isn't a good habit to be in! Especially if I ever want to return to eating more 'normal' foods.

Argh - either way, trying to lose weight is very hard work!

Useful thread :)

Back