Zero Ponts

ah its only a thought that came into my head, the reason is because everything does have calories so if you ate a lot of zero points in the one day they might add up ? lol oh i dont know why that even came into my head. You would probably have to be eating a serious amount of zero foods

they keep vegetables as zero points to encourage you to eat them as your body needs them to function healthily :) you would have to eat one hell of a lot of them to affect your weightloss anyway, as WW works so that you can go over points a little and still lose weight (there are 6 points between maintenance points and weight loss points.. so you should technically still lose weight if you are between those numbers :)) x

its a valid thought.. afterall, everything has calories so it makes sense that veg should have points..

for example.. does my head in that mixed veg has peas in it cause you cant weigh it to point it accurately as some is free and peas arent! :p

Actually, the answer is yes!!

Someone wrote into the ww mag a while back asking this. The answer was that they factor the cals in veg etc into the points they allocate foods - its all scientifically planned out. However everything has cals, and if your weightloss plateaus its worth cutting back a little on zero foods if you are 'overdoing' it. That was the official ww mag answer.

I often see people say things like they ate a whole pack of sugar free jelly, but technically a portion is free, but a whole sachet actually works out at half a point. Obviously thats not going to make you gain weight - but just worth bearing in mind.

yeah i always think this because i buy packs of babe corns and they have the nutritional info on so i point them, i still point my vegetables unless i cant as theres no info.

i watched a program where a guy was super morbidly obese (can't believe they had to make another catagory in america) but he only ate 40-60 oranges a day that was it, but because of the sugar content in oranges it made him fat.

omg really?
im rubbish and hate veg nless its in a str fry lol
i always make a soup though to have if im hungry, twins like it too xx

they keep vegetables as zero points to encourage you to eat them as your body needs them to function healthily :) you would have to eat one hell of a lot of them to affect your weightloss anyway, as WW works so that you can go over points a little and still lose weight (there are 6 points between maintenance points and weight loss points.. so you should technically still lose weight if you are between those numbers :)) x

So you mean to say you can technically go over by say 5 / 6 points and still lose weight? ... surely that can't be everyday, but maybe in a week?

Well they point vegetables at zero because they are low in points relative to their weight, but i guess unless you calorie count your vegetables its very easy to go over points like in soup it would have about 120 calories in and thus would be a point.

Ooohhhhhh dear. I usually have a massive pot of zero point veg soup on the go so I have that to fill up on instead of snacking. This was my issue when I did ww years ago I used to eat loads of no point soup / veg stew and so my portion sizes crept up. I really need to watch this. At least we have zero point options to keep us going especially on those tougher days. Thanks for your thread. It's made me think xxx

Ooohhhhhh dear. I usually have a massive pot of zero point veg soup on the go so I have that to fill up on instead of snacking. This was my issue when I did ww years ago I used to eat loads of no point soup / veg stew and so my portion sizes crept up. I really need to watch this. At least we have zero point options to keep us going especially on those tougher days. Thanks for your thread. It's made me think xxx

I wouldn't get too worried if you are still losing weight. But yes, my worry is that I am still eating way too much because I can sometimes eat a silly amount of veg, and I have this niggling worry that its still binging if I end up feeling really stuffed, even tho I am still within my points. But other times I think if it stops me binging on rubbish then its ok........ I just don't know!!!

Back