Zumba

ming2007

Am planning to go to my first Zumba class tomorrow. How much am I going to hurt? Havent done any exercise since before I had my son more than 4 years ago!
An wondering how long it will take to see a difference if I do it twice a week along with SW.

If you do Zumba how do you find it and do you find that it's a good work out or the gym is better?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

You won't hurt so much as it's more cardio. My stomach did ache a bit at first as there is a lot of rolling goes on there! I have zumbaed my whole way through my sw journey and believe it has helped. Make sure you drink enough water though as it is reeeeally high energy.

Yeah definitely take lots of water with you I go through at least 1 litre. Just go at what ever pace you can manage tell the instructor it's your 1st time. And have fun.

i have zumba for the wii and its exhausting, ive never been to a class x

I've been doing Zumba since even before SW as it's so much fun. It DOES hurt your legs the first couple of times you do it as I find you're boucing around a lot, often on your toes so your calf muscles do ache. How much you hurt depends how much effort you put in I suppose. It can be really hard at first as it seems very fast paced but you soon get used to it :) I find it gives me a really good work out, and being in the class means I push myself harder than I would at the gym by myself because the people around me motivate me to keep going. Also, it's enjoyable so it's easier to motivate yourself to go and keep yourself going!

Thanks! Am all dressed up and ready to go! Let's hope I don't collapse in a heap !

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Back