zzzuss disgusting !!

fillymum

synful soul
I remember Fatnomore I think it was, posting about flies on her uncooked chicken. She put it in the bin. Best place for it.

I am paranoid about flies. I detest them and have yet to work out their purpose in the great scheme of things.

One day over the weekend I took a roasted pepper out of the oven and left it to cool. I forgot to cover it.

By the time I remembered it had cooled and when I looked at it I saw some yellow mark on the skin. At first I had no idea what it was. When I realised I washed the pepper in tepid water, then poured boiling water over it and even more yellow stuff rose to the top of the water. I drained it and threw it away.

The yellow stuff was flies eggs and I went to all that trouble with boiling water etc not to be able to eat it but to make sure the eggs did not survive in the rubbish or in the drains zzzzzzzzssssssssssss yuk horrid, horrid. I nearly puked.

I do not even leave washed dishes out in the summer they go away immediately. Normally nothing is a fly party venue.

It is the first time I have seen the eggs and it confirmed that my hatred of flies IS rational .

I hate flies too :( i find it really difficult as i have parrots that have fresh fruit its a nightmare to keep them away even with closed doors vile things :(

Yuck yuck yuck - I would definately have been sick.

In fact would probably have been screaming for my hubby to come and rescue me (... like I do when the cat brings in a mouse, or if there's a spider in the bathroom...!!)

I hate flies with a passion also!
At the moment our bins are only emptied once every other week- waste one week and then recycling. Our waste bin had maggots in it despite bagging everything!
I even wash my tins out for the recycling bin!

Back