► Foods that help you lose more on a PP day? ◄

I have noticed that eating more red meat ie lean steak mince than anything on a PP day helps me lose more weight than eating chicken etc.

I guess it is because your body takes longer to break down the fibres in red meat than white.

What particular food do you find helps you lose most on a PP day?

I would have to agree with you there, I lose more when I eat my meatloaf than when i eat chicken or turkey. It's a damned sight more tasty and so much more versatile... :)

Yes please Curvygirl!! Would love to try the meatloaf recipe! Kx

it's the one in the Dukan book but i halve the amounts and i don't put a layer of boiled egg in the middle (eurgh!)

500g lean minced beef ( i sometimes use 750g if it's on special offer)
1 egg
2 spoons FF fromage frais
half onion finely chopped
seasoning (I use garlic powder, chicken seasoning, S+P)

whisk the egg
add the fromage frais
add seasoning and chopped onion
add mince
mix well

put into (silicone) loaf tin

cook in preheated oven (180 celsius) for 1 hour.

when done, take meatloaf out of loaf tin (will have shrunk a little and surrounded by lots of fat/juices) and place on cooling tray to let all fat/juices run off.

I cut about 3 half inch thick slices off and eat with lots of FF cottage cheese for lunch.

Also handy to have in the fridge if you fancy a tasty snack..... x

Last edited:
I made the meatloaf...I loved it! I've had slices as snacks and also had a good chunk yesterday in between some Dukan bread, it was the next best thing to a fast-food burger! ;) It was yum, thanks Curvy xxx

anytime hun, glad i could share. I honestly thought everyone knew about meatloaf otherwise i'd have shared the recipe earlier! x

Fabulous - thanks Curvy - guess what we are having for dinner tonight?!! :)

Back