♥ .. Ruby's GREEN & RED Day's .. ♥

Not had chilli in ages, I saw a recipe for chilli made from beans and bulgur wheat I may give it a whirl sometime this week :)
Mine are shorter shifts, well normally they haven't been recently. It's supposed to be 10.30 pm - 7 am. I sometimes do a few hours extra in the pub and function area before starting nights x x

Not had chilli in ages, I saw a recipe for chilli made from beans and bulgur wheat I may give it a whirl sometime this week :)
Mine are shorter shifts, well normally they haven't been recently. It's supposed to be 10.30 pm - 7 am. I sometimes do a few hours extra in the pub and function area before starting nights x x

Oh wow! I like your shifts! But then when we do ours were guaranteed a full week off the week after ;) .. And more pennies .. I love a bit of chilli - I like baked beans In mine nom - homemade is way better than in a can x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm salaried so I try to stick to my normal hours because I don't get paid for extra hours unless it's in another department x x

Ah cool - yeah mines salary too .. Work 37.5 hours a week, so when we do 7 night shifts it equates to 2 weeks worth in 1 .. So a lovely week off ;) and the 5 means we can use some annual leave for the follow week to be off ;) not bad! Half ten start is good - no wonder you can stay up in the morning :) xx

That's kinda how my weekends work. I do my normal hours plus a weekend, so get the week off after coz I did 2 weeks worth in a week. If that makes sense?!

Hope work's ok mate.xx

Yeah sounds like my work ;) I'm all about the week off xx

I'm part time as well (rota'd to 19hrs) so it's not so bad. I recently changed my work pattern to Mon-Wed (half day Wednesday) so even if I do a weekend I get two days off in between :)
Some times I only do Mon&Tues then a weekend, so means I have to do a crappy 4hr day the week after. But still a lot of time off :) x

I'm part time as well (rota'd to 19hrs) so it's not so bad. I recently changed my work pattern to Mon-Wed (half day Wednesday) so even if I do a weekend I get two days off in between :)
Some times I only do Mon&Tues then a weekend, so means I have to do a crappy 4hr day the week after. But still a lot of time off :) x

Ooo I'd love to be part time .. But the bills won't get payed ... Infact ... I'd love to be a kept woman - but hubby doesn't agree hahaha xxx

Oh yeah. Damn straight I'd love to be a housewife ;) Actually, I'd keep my part time job coz I love it so much!
I was out of work for 8 years with severe depression and eventually built myself up to OU courses, then voluntary work, and then applying for jobs. I LOVE my job and it's one of the best things that's ever happened to me. Which is why being off sick is worrying me so much!

But I live with my Mum and she's always been very supportive. She doesn't charge me rent or get me to pay house bills (I pay my own bills and buy mine and the animals food). But I do give her a chunk of money a month. Not as much as I'd like, but it helps. So, luckily, I have the luxury of being able to work part time coz I have an awesome Mum :D
Now all's I need is an awesome, rich man too :whistle:

Oh yeah. Damn straight I'd love to be a housewife ;) Actually, I'd keep my part time job coz I love it so much!
I was out of work for 8 years with severe depression and eventually built myself up to OU courses, then voluntary work, and then applying for jobs. I LOVE my job and it's one of the best things that's ever happened to me. Which is why being off sick is worrying me so much!

But I live with my Mum and she's always been very supportive. She doesn't charge me rent or get me to pay house bills (I pay my own bills and buy mine and the animals food). But I do give her a chunk of money a month. Not as much as I'd like, but it helps. So, luckily, I have the luxury of being able to work part time coz I have an awesome Mum :D
Now all's I need is an awesome, rich man too :whistle:

Aw wow !!! That's so good your mum sounds amazing !!!!! I haven't had the best life but I'm suuuuuuper thankful for my lovely husband who I met when I was 19 also & my mum is also very supportive - I don't have any close friends so In my eyes all you need is yer mam & some kick ass animals .... Xxx

My Mum is one of the nicest people you could ever meet. She's brilliant :D I think because her Mum was sh*t she's tried so hard to be a good Mum, and she went past good a long time ago. I love her to bits. We're very close! Well, the 3 of us are coz for a long time there was only me, my Sister, and my Mum :)
So glad my Sister and her fiancé are looking for a house close to us.

I'm sorry you've had a crappy life too. But definitely some good bits! There usually are at least some good bits :) xx

My Mum is one of the nicest people you could ever meet. She's brilliant :D I think because her Mum was sh*t she's tried so hard to be a good Mum, and she went past good a long time ago. I love her to bits. We're very close! Well, the 3 of us are coz for a long time there was only me, my Sister, and my Mum :)
So glad my Sister and her fiancé are looking for a house close to us.

I'm sorry you've had a crappy life too. But definitely some good bits! There usually are at least some good bits :) xx

Hell yes! My husband keeps me going .. & i worked hard to get my job ;) You could write a book on my life :-0 .. But yes, positives all the way - and I say, your past defines the kinda person u are today ;)
your mum sounds mint !!!! im glad you have such a fab relationship with your fam :) all you need :) xx

Starting work so late means I can get everything sorted before I go to work and I know Ian's in bed I don't have to fret. It works out I do 40 hours after they take off for breaks, I just like the fact it's the same hours every shift not like pub work, it was a major factor in me changing jobs. x x

Last edited:
Hey! Nice to see ya on here :)
Aw just write it off and start again, like your doing - sometimes a diet isn't about weight loss, it's about learning how to make changes, & you accept you overdid it and are moving on (***** I sound like I'm on one of those inspirational adverts for weight loss haha)
I find diabetes quite lonesome .. I don't have any diabetic friends so noone understands me - although it's crap that your hubby is type 1, it's nice you can both relate to each other :) are you on insulin? ..
Looking forward to your recipes :) do you have a diary on here? X
Ps. That food sounds amazing !!! LOVE roasted sweet potatoes nom !!!! X

Well my hubby was type 1 when we met and recognised the signs in me when I became type 2 some years later - so I already knew a lot about it - and knew I was putting myself at risk by being so overweight but ignored it! You never think it will happen to you!

I'm controlling the diabetes with tablets - in fact have recently been able to reduce my dosages cause eating healthier - and am hoping to stay of insulin for as long as possible - the idea of us both possible having a hypo at the same time is scary! Andy has no idea whats going on sometimes when he has a hypo and even hallucinates occasionally, so far the lowest I've had is 3.8 and apart from getting a bit shaky had no side effects. Trying to keep my sugars down is my battle at the moment and to be honest that is more important to me than my weight x

Starting work so late means I can get everything sorted before I go to work and I know Ian's in bed I don't have to fret. It works out I do 40 hours after they take off for breaks, I just like the fact it's the same hours every shift not like pub work, it was a major factor in me changing jobs. x x

Aw sounds good hun!! As long as you enjoy your job - nothing matters that much eh :) xx

Well my hubby was type 1 when we met and recognised the signs in me when I became type 2 some years later - so I already knew a lot about it - and knew I was putting myself at risk by being so overweight but ignored it! You never think it will happen to you!

I'm controlling the diabetes with tablets - in fact have recently been able to reduce my dosages cause eating healthier - and am hoping to stay of insulin for as long as possible - the idea of us both possible having a hypo at the same time is scary! Andy has no idea whats going on sometimes when he has a hypo and even hallucinates occasionally, so far the lowest I've had is 3.8 and apart from getting a bit shaky had no side effects. Trying to keep my sugars down is my battle at the moment and to be honest that is more important to me than my weight x

Aww good for you - well obviously you know this - but battling the weight will reduce your sugar levels because of the insulin resistance .. Which improves as the weight reduces .. I'd focus more on loosing the weight .. Then your diabetes will follow suit .. Might be able to get yourself off the tablets :) esp if your already reducing them :) sounds like you know your stuff tho, thanks to you having to no about diabetes coz of your husband :) ..
My lowest ever reading that i can remember was 1.8 .... I was lay on my bed & felt paralysed .... Oh & once I accidentally gave myself FIFTY units of insulin ..... Luckily I noticed straight away & spent the day eating like I was a 'normal' person haha :) stupid stupid stupid I no! ..

Xxx

Aww good for you - well obviously you know this - but battling the weight will reduce your sugar levels because of the insulin resistance .. Which improves as the weight reduces .. I'd focus more on loosing the weight .. Then your diabetes will follow suit .. Might be able to get yourself off the tablets :) esp if your already reducing them :) sounds like you know your stuff tho, thanks to you having to no about diabetes coz of your husband :) ..
My lowest ever reading that i can remember was 1.8 .... I was lay on my bed & felt paralysed .... Oh & once I accidentally gave myself FIFTY units of insulin ..... Luckily I noticed straight away & spent the day eating like I was a 'normal' person haha :) stupid stupid stupid I no! ..

Xxx

Yeah that's a big part of why I'm trying to loose weight - but TBH would like to look better in my cossie for hols in september. Ended up having chinese last night - naughty again - but really enjoyed it (avoided too much sugar) and feeling more cheerful today so am gonna get back on track now - did a nice 30min brisk walk this morning too :)

I can see you like curry & I've got a lovely recipe for Kobi Keema (dry mince & cabbage curry), dead easy to make and is free on a green day with quorn mince (tastes just as good to me), I think its a traditional Pakistani curry - never seen it in a curry house - my mom got the recipe from a Pakistani cafe years ago and I've just replaced the ghee with fry-light for SW. If your interested I will find it out and post it tonight?

Yeah that's a big part of why I'm trying to loose weight - but TBH would like to look better in my cossie for hols in september. Ended up having chinese last night - naughty again - but really enjoyed it (avoided too much sugar) and feeling more cheerful today so am gonna get back on track now - did a nice 30min brisk walk this morning too :)

I can see you like curry & I've got a lovely recipe for Kobi Keema (dry mince & cabbage curry), dead easy to make and is free on a green day with quorn mince (tastes just as good to me), I think its a traditional Pakistani curry - never seen it in a curry house - my mom got the recipe from a Pakistani cafe years ago and I've just replaced the ghee with fry-light for SW. If your interested I will find it out and post it tonight?

Aww you gotta treat yerself tho!! I loooove sweet & sour vegetables but it Defo doesn't like my diabetes :( .. Good attitude to have that .. Enjoy yerself then straight back on track - your doing well !!
Ooo I would Defo like that recipe pleeeease :) I love curry :) :) I find that kind of food Is better for your blood sugars ;)
Where you off on hol? Xxx

Back