0 point soup!

Gemma1986

Im just me!
Can any one tell me where i can find what you should put in this? As i no its all 0 point verg but not sure what else.
Need something thats 0 points now getting cold.
Thanks

I used 2 large onions, few carrots, butternut squash, sweet red pepper, couple of stock cubes, boil it up until cooked, blend it with hand blender when cooled.

PS: Oh and salt and pepper.

ingredients for Garden Vegetable soup

2 medium carrots
small onion diced
2 x garlic cloves mincec
stock made from cubes and water
green cabbage
100g green beans
1tbsp tom puree
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried oregana
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 corgette diced

This one is new out of the Food for Friends cookbook, gonna try it next week:

Carrot & Ginger Soup

Serves 4-6

0 points

Ingredients

Low fat cooking spray
2 onions chopped
3 garlic cloves crushed
500g carrots, peeled and chopped
6cm piece root giner, peeled and chopped
2 bay leaves
2.5 litres hot vegetable stock

Method

1. Spray large saucepan with low fat cooking spray and heat until hot, add onions and stir fry for 5 mins, then stir in the garlic, carrots, ginger and bay leaves and cook for 1 more minute before adding the stock. Bring to boil cover and simmer for 20 minutes until tender.

2. Remove from heat take out the bay leaves and transfer to food processor (or use hand blender) Blend until smooth, return to the pan and heat through.

Variation you can use the same amount of parnsips in place of the carrots for a value of 1 point per serving.

I tend to use any 0 point veg I have in the fridge. Haven't made any for a while as I have only just started back on ww but I'm sure I don't put a stock cube in mine, just plenty of salt and pepper!
Mine is always very tasty!!

Mmm i agree with starry the Boullion is wonderful stuff! VERY tasty! .. I chuck everything in a pan .. usually a couple of pots, leek, carrot or somthing similar and blitz half and chuck it back in so its a chunky thick soup mmmmmm yum!

I made a fab zero point soup last night. Only prob was it was too thick so a bit like baby food!! I just chucked in courgette, carrot, leek, red onion, & swede, with some passata and stock cubes. It tastes great & I think it will help me a lot when the munchies strike!

Tinned tomatoes or passata add a really nice dimension and means you can have 0 point stew (or chilli or curry if you add spices) instead of soup just by leaving it unblended.

I like onions and sliced peppers cooked with tinned chopped tomatoes with oregano.

Back