Green Days 1/3 superfree on Green and Red days

dudette2001uk

I will be a Princess!
Hi there,

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I've not done any green or red days before. Do you need the 1/3 superfree with every meal as you do with Extra Easy? I'm a bit confused!!

I'm trying out a green day today, does this sound ok:

Lunch:

Wholemeal roll (HexB1)
2 Babybel light (2/3 HexA1)
Bovril
Tomatoes (1/3 superfree?)

Supper:

Spaghetti (or some other pasta)
85g EL soft cheese (Tesco - is this ok?) (HexB2)
80ml semi-skimmed milk (1/3 HexA1)
Peppers, mushrooms, sweetcorn
Chopped up quorn sausages
28g parmesan (HexA2)

I don't know whether I need the 1/3 superfree with every meal though on Green :confused:

Any help would be much appreciated!

Sian xxx

Hi Dudette,

My understanding, which I hope is right, is that the 1/3 rule is not so strict on red/green than it is on EE. I don't follow EE and go with red/green but do try to follow the 1/3 rule anyway as it is a good habit to get into in the longer term. Also, on the advice of my consultant, consider my 1/3 to be made up from the ingredients of dishes as well as starters or fruit deserts rather than just 1/3 of fruit/veg on the side of the plate.

Hope this helps rather than confuses things!!

No, no such advice on red/green - however keeping up a good amount of superfree foods is never a bad thing - i know when my losses started slipping last year that after going through my food diaries (well re-starting them in fact) - and this time marking off free/superfree/heA/HeB/Syns - i was surprised how few superfree foods i was having on some days.

Back