1/3 superfree query

mrsthunderbolt

Silver Member
I keep reading make sure you have 1/3 superfree with every meal.

Can someone please clarify for me whether this just applies to extra easy? I understand that it may just be for health reasons.

Hi
As far as I know it is just on Extra Easy but I'm sure someone will be along to clarify it as I'm quite new to SW

Yes, it just applies to extra easy, not green or red.

It won't hurt to have it with green/red as well. I try to use it as a rule for most meals.

My consultant says that on extra easy its a requirement for the plan to work, on and green & red its recommended. For health reasons it makes sense to try and stick to it no matter which plan you do, and the principles of why stay the same for each plan i guess - in that the superfree reduces your calorie intake without you needing to count calories. But I know a fair few people who follow red & green and don't stick to you. I'd say that the best idea on red & greeen would be to up your superfree if your losses start to slowdown.

In ye olde days of sw, when there were only red and green days, there wasnt a requirement to have one third superfree. This concept only seems to have been introduced with ee.

As kingleds points out, it is probably still a good idea to have one third superfree on all the plans. I do try to have lots of veg with my lunch and tea.

I only do green when get sick of the 1/3 rule. So I switch and just become a little more relaxed about fruit and veg, not that I stop eating them, i'm just not so bothered about whether they're on my plate :D

xx

I have got to say I would struggle to eat 1/3 superfree. I must be doing something OK. Thanks for the replies.

Sounds good girls i'm now away to make dinner gammon steak tonite with baked potatoe [B} and loads veg mmmmmmmmm xx

I have to switch between EE and green as my IBS plays up with too much beg especially dark green veg!

Back