Extra Easy 1/3 ?!?!?!?!?!

gonnabesmall

is doin this
help me AGAIN please
the more i think about extra easy the more confused i get.
you know you are supposed to eat 1/3 of your free food does this mean with every meal.
how do you do this like for dinner if you have a ham sandwich is the 1/3 maybe the the tomato or cucumber?
if you have soup wheres the 1/3 or does it not matter because your veg free food is in the soup
what about your tea is always best to have a side portion of veg or salad as your 1/3
omg this is driving me insane
so worried il do it wrong and dont want to put on
somtimes you dont really have veg or salad with certain meals so if you dont would it be better to have a bowl of chopped fruit after your main meal?
sorry to ramble but heeellppp:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I would personally have 1/3 veggies in addition to whatever veggies are in your main meal. If you have a sandwich, have a side salad with grilled vegetables with it. If its a soup then I wouldn't bother because soups are made up predominantly of superfree veggies.
You won't put on weight if you don't have your 1/3 superfree veggies but if you do you'll lose weight faster.

ok so it is best to have extra on your plate.i thought that like if you done a casserole with your veg in that you wouldent need any more because its allready in your meal.so if you have breakfast say bread and bit of spread should you have a apple or somkind of fruit.what if you have a big cooked breakfast would your 1/3 be the mushrooms ,tomatoes?
sorry i just dont get this at all

Yep that's exactly right. Just remember 1/3 of your meal should always be superfree foods. So fruit with your toast and mushrooms and tomatoes with your cooked brekkie sounds great! The way I think of it is fruit with breakfast, salad with lunch and cooked veg with dinner. Fruits and/or veg for snacks. That should cover it.

ok so it is best to have extra on your plate.i thought that like if you done a casserole with your veg in that you wouldent need any more because its allready in your meal.so if you have breakfast say bread and bit of spread should you have a apple or somkind of fruit.what if you have a big cooked breakfast would your 1/3 be the mushrooms ,tomatoes?
sorry i just dont get this at all

As far as I can see it 1/3 sf food with each meal
So I agree with casseroles,stews,curries etc you can add the veg to the meal. With a cooked breakfast I would add mushrooms and toms to the plate. If you were only having toast I would have a fruit salad and if you are having cereal add fruit to it. At lunch time I think if you added a lot of the salad to your sandwich you would cover the 1/3 rule.
Jayne

One third of your meal as superfree really isn't a huge amount of fruit and veg. It's just part of a regular healthy diet. Definitely try to vary the fruit and veg you have to stop yourself getting bored. Why not challenge yourself to try new fruit and veg or recipes every week to broaden the foods you eat. You could set yourself a challenge to have a different evening meal every day for a month. It sounds hard but it's only 31 meals and simple if you put your mind to it.

hey thats a good idea too ive read on here about butternut squash so id like to try that.sweet potato ive tried once but found it too sweet but do they taste different if you cook them different.think i done wedges with them at the time but are they the same mashed on maybe shepards pie?
yeah will definatley try this need to broaden my horizons.

Sorry not read all posts yet, but how about when i have sandwich i normally put lettuce, tomato, onions, cucumber but if havent got any i always have fruit before eating sandwich and this should be fine :) that what my C said, cos not every meal is compatible with salad/veg

Sorry not read all posts yet, but how about when i have sandwich i normally put lettuce, tomato, onions, cucumber but if havent got any i always have fruit before eating sandwich and this should be fine :) that what my C said, cos not every meal is compatible with salad/veg

Having fruit first is also good. The 1/3 superfree is there to stop us eating too much of the other stuff, albeit free, so filling up with fruit, then having your sandwich is good. If you do it the other way round, you may feel too full to eat the fruit and, therefore, not get your 1/3 superfree :)

Having fruit first is also good. The 1/3 superfree is there to stop us eating too much of the other stuff, albeit free, so filling up with fruit, then having your sandwich is good. If you do it the other way round, you may feel too full to eat the fruit and, therefore, not get your 1/3 superfree :)

I LOVE this idea, sometimes i get too full to eat all my superfree, never occured to me to eat it first!! Excellent idea thank you! :D

Back