Extra Easy 1/3 ?!?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by gonnabesmall, 17 January 2010 Social URL.

1. gonnabesmall

gonnabesmall is doin this

Diet:
    slimming world
    help me AGAIN please
    the more i think about extra easy the more confused i get.
    you know you are supposed to eat 1/3 of your free food does this mean with every meal.
    how do you do this like for dinner if you have a ham sandwich is the 1/3 maybe the the tomato or cucumber?
    if you have soup wheres the 1/3 or does it not matter because your veg free food is in the soup
    what about your tea is always best to have a side portion of veg or salad as your 1/3
    omg this is driving me insane
    so worried il do it wrong and dont want to put on
    somtimes you dont really have veg or salad with certain meals so if you dont would it be better to have a bowl of chopped fruit after your main meal?
    sorry to ramble but heeellppp:confused::confused::confused::confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    I would personally have 1/3 veggies in addition to whatever veggies are in your main meal. If you have a sandwich, have a side salad with grilled vegetables with it. If its a soup then I wouldn't bother because soups are made up predominantly of superfree veggies.
    You won't put on weight if you don't have your 1/3 superfree veggies but if you do you'll lose weight faster.

4. gonnabesmall

Diet:
    slimming world
    ok so it is best to have extra on your plate.i thought that like if you done a casserole with your veg in that you wouldent need any more because its allready in your meal.so if you have breakfast say bread and bit of spread should you have a apple or somkind of fruit.what if you have a big cooked breakfast would your 1/3 be the mushrooms ,tomatoes?
    sorry i just dont get this at all

5. Honeyoc

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    Yep that's exactly right. Just remember 1/3 of your meal should always be superfree foods. So fruit with your toast and mushrooms and tomatoes with your cooked brekkie sounds great! The way I think of it is fruit with breakfast, salad with lunch and cooked veg with dinner. Fruits and/or veg for snacks. That should cover it.

Morgawr likes this.
  6. jayne3110

jayne3110 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    5:2
    As far as I can see it 1/3 sf food with each meal
    So I agree with casseroles,stews,curries etc you can add the veg to the meal. With a cooked breakfast I would add mushrooms and toms to the plate. If you were only having toast I would have a fruit salad and if you are having cereal add fruit to it. At lunch time I think if you added a lot of the salad to your sandwich you would cover the 1/3 rule.
    Jayne

7. gonnabesmall

Diet:
    slimming world
    wow thanks that sounds a bit simpler god do you ever get sick of salads and veg though.im a bit fussy with fruit and veg so dont want to have the same all the time x

8. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    One third of your meal as superfree really isn't a huge amount of fruit and veg. It's just part of a regular healthy diet. Definitely try to vary the fruit and veg you have to stop yourself getting bored. Why not challenge yourself to try new fruit and veg or recipes every week to broaden the foods you eat. You could set yourself a challenge to have a different evening meal every day for a month. It sounds hard but it's only 31 meals and simple if you put your mind to it.

9. gonnabesmall

Diet:
    slimming world
    hey thats a good idea too ive read on here about butternut squash so id like to try that.sweet potato ive tried once but found it too sweet but do they taste different if you cook them different.think i done wedges with them at the time but are they the same mashed on maybe shepards pie?
    yeah will definatley try this need to broaden my horizons.

10. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.

Brilliant, thank you for your great advice.

I shall always think this way in future.

11. Honeyoc

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
  12. jacqui35

jacqui35 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.03%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    Sorry not read all posts yet, but how about when i have sandwich i normally put lettuce, tomato, onions, cucumber but if havent got any i always have fruit before eating sandwich and this should be fine :) that what my C said, cos not every meal is compatible with salad/veg

13. gonnabesmall

Diet:
    slimming world
    thanks honeyoc will be sat reading up on superfree foods now thanks for all your help x

14. Harry'sMom07

Harry'sMom07 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st3.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Having fruit first is also good. The 1/3 superfree is there to stop us eating too much of the other stuff, albeit free, so filling up with fruit, then having your sandwich is good. If you do it the other way round, you may feel too full to eat the fruit and, therefore, not get your 1/3 superfree :)

15. philly_x

philly_x Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Extra Easy
    I LOVE this idea, sometimes i get too full to eat all my superfree, never occured to me to eat it first!! Excellent idea thank you! :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.