1% Fat Milk & Quark!

Trefoil

Gold Member
1% Milk!: Does this change anything regarding HEA- allowance etc?

Does anyone rate Quark or is it Vile :)

Thanks!

Ruth
x

i use quark all the time i love it always got about 3 pots in fridge ready to go as for the milk im not sure tbh

Thanks very much will get some! Is it purely for baking or can you just eat it on crackers/ryvita etc?

Will search the milk thingy :)

Ruth
x

I drink 1% milk, as far as I'm aware its between semi skimmed and skimmed so you can probably have more of it than semi :)

I have quark on ryvita, I usually flavour it though, sweeten and layer up strawbs (mmmm) or add chilli and garlic (mmmmmm). I really like quark, I think it's sooooo versitile. I have it sweetened and with fruit as a cream subsitute and stuff it in chicken boobs.... mmmmmmmm

Just looked on lifeline online, If it's The One 1% milk is a HExA and you can have 300ml! :)

If it's the Sainsbury's 1% you can still only have 250ml! :(

Last edited:
Thanks very much!
Its not Sainsbury's own so i'll be fine :)
Will definitely be going out to buy Quark!- Sounds Yummy with Fruit!

Chicken Boobs :') Like it :)

Hope you're all doing well with your weight loss goals!

Ruth
x

The taste of quark is like a cross between the taste of natural yogurt and the consistency of philly. I dont like the sainsbury one its more like yogurt than quark!

I made homemade coleslaw with it last night! added aq bit of mayo and fat free vinegrette dressing and a huge tub was only 4 syns! well worth it for the extra mayo taste!

hi yes i rate quark just going through the threads it seems people use their imagination & make their own syn free spreads with it lol
mine is hot chilli sauce. :)

Quark is marvelous stuff. I use it for so many things. On Ryvitas with sugar free jam, 1 syn per tbsp, with branston, with finely chopped cucumber, onion and tomato and with beetroot and onion is yummy. I use it in curry's, creamy soups and for dips with crudites. A really nice dip is oven roasted red peppers and garlic whizzed in the blender and then mixed with quark.

Thanks everyone :) Have brought some to work today!
Will let you know what I think!

Ruth
x

Back