1 st to lose and not losing :( tips pleeeease?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by alanabanana, 28 April 2011 Social URL.

1. alanabanana

alanabanana New Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    SW extra easy
    Hey this is my 4th week at Sw, I have 1 stone to lose... lost 3lbs first week but maintained for two. Feeling bit fed up and trying desperately NOT to just give up :sigh:

Will someone give me any tips? My target is within the healthy range so why aren't I losing!? I'm not cheating, writing down every mouthful and i'm not starving myself, *sigh* I am so up for this!

I think where I don't have much to lose I'm facing problems... what free food should I maybe cut down on? I am on the lower end of the syns, not usually more than 5. Pleeeeease any advice?

Thanks a million!! x x x
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dreamer

Dreamer Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I think it's possible to stall for a few weeks near the beginning because week 1 weight loss is usually quite high. I reckon your next 2 weigh ins will make up for the 2 you just had if you keep going. However one thing I find is if I end up stalling long term, coming off diet for 1week, and then making a fresh start at it, kick-starts weight loss again. This is risky, as you need to have so much motivation to re-start after a break!

Another thing is if you've been over exercising, then weight loss sometimes stalls. And if you've not been exercising, then maybe 4 or 5 half hour brisk walks a week will give you a kickstart.

Good luck!

4. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

I can see how you would be disappointed after your great first loss. Are you going to class? If so what did your leader say? Have a look at some of the menus in the food diaries and see if there is anything you could change.

Irene xx
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.