10 days into xenical no weight loss

hi there was on lighter life but reverted to xenical been on it 10 days put 3lb on then lost that but no weight loss at all im constipated bloated sluggish and feel as if it is not for me. gotta appt at nurse 2 wks time and if I have not lost she will not give me a repeat script. Sticking to the 5g per 100g food etc can anyone help me or give me suggestions thanks

Ok the 5g per 100g of fat is the percentage of fat in the food you eat, you can have up to 15g of fat per meal Elly. Can you give us an idea of a typical days food and we'll see if we can help you from there?

Hi
Post what you have eaten and how many meals and times etc
something sounds wrong
dieting with xenical is simples!!!
Therefore one little adjustment will sort it.
lots of help available from people " in the know"

try eating more fibre, to help things along... (if not take a firbre supliment) and also get some probiotics in you to stop you feeling bloated... and yes a typical day of food will help is guide you to feeling better..

Good luck!

hi everyone thanks for your replies well breakfast cereal skimmed milk with a banana. 11s maybe piece of fruit dinner - salad with ham tomatoes low fat vingariette dressing dinner - maybe baked potato with tuna in brine or low fat weight watchers meal or a low fat curry IN BETWEEN MEALS - maybe low fat yoghurts 2 a day i.e weight watchers personally I dont think eat enough weekends mayb e once a week ill have a few vodka and diet cokes OH and I forgot about 3 litres of water a day HELP PLEASE

i started off pretty much eating like that and got soooo bunged up....
Try adding more fruit/veg, rather than the 2 yoghurts....
And take a vit and probiotic suppliment.

Lentils, dried fruits, all bran all have high aounts of fibre... Try having these for a week and see if it clears you up...

Also, i would never cut it out completly but watch you carbs... And also portions... I fell into the trap of thinkin well its low fat so i can eat as much as i like..... This is not the case.. :(

stirfrys are good in getting in some nice flavours, and loads of veg! And a little protin (if you add chicken or something)

hope this is helping... Keep it up and im sure youll get there...

Exercise?? Are you doin any?? I dont lose weight unless i do some!!!!! (also found that out the hard way!!!!!
Chin up love we will sort you out.....

do walking and im very careful with carbs hardly eat bread or potatoes with being on lighter life just got a feeling these arent going to work for me ive been on fitness pal and some days I only have about 20g fat in total
i started off pretty much eating like that and got soooo bunged up....
Try adding more fruit/veg, rather than the 2 yoghurts....
And take a vit and probiotic suppliment.

Lentils, dried fruits, all bran all have high aounts of fibre... Try having these for a week and see if it clears you up...

Also, i would never cut it out completly but watch you carbs... And also portions... I fell into the trap of thinkin well its low fat so i can eat as much as i like..... This is not the case.. :(

stirfrys are good in getting in some nice flavours, and loads of veg! And a little protin (if you add chicken or something)

hope this is helping... Keep it up and im sure youll get there...

Exercise?? Are you doin any?? I dont lose weight unless i do some!!!!! (also found that out the hard way!!!!!
Chin up love we will sort you out.....

In a healthy balanced diet we need carbs though. Things like wholewheat bread, wholewheat pasta, brown rices etc, potatoes cooked with their skins.
Hang on and I'll post what I ate today to give you an idea of what I'm eating AND losing on :)

Brekkie
30g special k 112
100mls skimmed milk 33
2 WW brown danish 88
2 quorn rashers 42
1 slice Low Low cheese 60

Lunch
Eat Smart crustless quiche 250
salad 30
30g garlic and herb light 34
200g melon 56
50g blueberries 31
shape LS yoghurt 73

Mid afternoon
oaty bar 67
2 jumbo caramel snackajacks 102

Dinner
Quorn cottage pie 176
100g sugar snap peas 45
100g sprouts 35
100g broccoli 24
1 slice Low Low cheese 60
100g 0%fat Greek yoghurt 52
hazelnut choc options 38

Supper
WW tomato soup 74
3 go ahead crispy slices 168

Total calories for today is 1651 calories

Now I know reading that it seems an awful lot, but for me its also about portion control too, which is why I weigh out everything :rolleyes: I also count calories now ( used to count fat grammes, but I'm happier this way, again it comes down to personal choice, as a newbie to the tabs though, I would count fat grammes) Some of the food I eat is just above the 5% fat rule, but I've been on Xenical for almost 2 years now ( with 2 breaks), so I've learnt what I can have.
xx

I've done both Cambridge (basically the same as Lighter Life since they are manufactured together, I'm told) and xenical - if you have literally gone back from LL to "normal" food with xenical you are almost bound to put weight on to begin with. To be honest, your body is still used to sub-500 calories per day and it is "confused" by the change. I'm pretty sure you'd have seem better results if you had come off LL gradually eaten a healthy diet for a couple of weeks and then gone onto xenical.

If that's what you did, then sorry, I've misinterpreted your original post.

yes maybe I should have had 2 drinks with a very low carb meal and just lightly introduced my eating never mind 2 weeks down the line hopefully I have got rid of that and start to lose my weight with a healthy diet
I've done both Cambridge (basically the same as Lighter Life since they are manufactured together, I'm told) and xenical - if you have literally gone back from LL to "normal" food with xenical you are almost bound to put weight on to begin with. To be honest, your body is still used to sub-500 calories per day and it is "confused" by the change. I'm pretty sure you'd have seem better results if you had come off LL gradually eaten a healthy diet for a couple of weeks and then gone onto xenical.

If that's what you did, then sorry, I've misinterpreted your original post.

That's why I'm not on Cambridge any more - just couldn't convince myself it was healthy. I'm now calorie counting with xenical and cooking everything from scratch. Lots of home made soups packed full of vegetables, loads of tasty curries, casseroles, stir fries etc. at about 400 calories a go - I'm really enjoying food, but I'm losing weight in a sensible way and getting all of my nutirents too. So much better than the foul tasting soups from Cambridge!

Back