10 Pounds by November

Joanne SW

Hey all,

I need somewhere to let it all out literally, my worries, my woes, what I should be eating and what I end up eating! I joined SW earlier in the year at 12.1, lost 7 pounds and gained 9! Typical shite out of me. I am a total emotional eater and yesterday was very emotional. I'm going to use this space every day if possible, some days may be more long- winded than others! Hopefully I get to meet some friendly faces along the way! Weigh in tonight and I have a feeling I will be up again but this will be my last gain!! I have had so much shite on the last few weekends and I have started a new job where I am at a desk all day where before I had a very active job and I can really notice the difference. I am finding it very hard to shift the pounds. Before I kinda ate alright a few days and not so great other days but I lost a half here and a pound there and it was grand. This time its up I'm going!! I have been up at my last 2 weigh ins! :( If I'm up again tonight I'll just have to get over it.. Starting today I'm set to change my ways and I cannot wait for a bit of positivity and some feel-good vibes!!

Morning everyone,

So I weighed in last night and I was down .5lb.. I absolutely expected at least a gain or to STS. A loss is still a loss at the end of the day and I will take it.

Today I am meeting my best friend for dinner after work. We have a fitbit challenge going on for a few months now and the loser puts money in the kitty, it's a great idea cos it pays for treats and nights away etc. We used always be very close in the competition but a few weeks ago I started a new job where I am at a desk all day and it has made a massive impact on my steps! So I will finish work before her this evening and I will go for a walk before we meet, hopefully bringing my steps up a good bit.

Food wise today I am trying to decide what to eat in the restaurant as they don't have a great SW friendly menu. I may just ask for chicken and veg and potato, filling and free, or chicken burger with salad, no chips and don't eat the bun?

Yesterdays food was fairly good-

Breakfast
Scrambled egg Free
Tomato Speed
10g Light cheese Part Hex A
Scallion Speed
1 slice of be good 1/2 Hex B
Spread 1 syn

Mid- Morning
Duneen fat free yoghurt 1 Syn
Seeds 1/2 Hex B
Raspberries & blueberries Speed
2 x Broghies 2 Syns
1 light cheese triangle Part Hex A

Lunch
Leftover Spag Bol Free

Dinner
Potato Free
Bacon Free
Carrot & Turnip Speed

Snacks
2 x Babybel light Part Hex A
2 x apples Speed
1 x mandarin Speed
1 x 2 finger KitKat 5.5 Syns
250ml Pink Milk Part Hex A

Ending the day on 9.5 Syns :banana_dancer:

Hey all,

I need somewhere to let it all out literally, my worries, my woes, what I should be eating and what I end up eating! I joined SW earlier in the year at 12.1, lost 7 pounds and gained 9! Typical shite out of me. I am a total emotional eater and yesterday was very emotional. I'm going to use this space every day if possible, some days may be more long- winded than others! Hopefully I get to meet some friendly faces along the way! Weigh in tonight and I have a feeling I will be up again but this will be my last gain!! I have had so much shite on the last few weekends and I have started a new job where I am at a desk all day where before I had a very active job and I can really notice the difference. I am finding it very hard to shift the pounds. Before I kinda ate alright a few days and not so great other days but I lost a half here and a pound there and it was grand. This time its up I'm going!! I have been up at my last 2 weigh ins! :( If I'm up again tonight I'll just have to get over it.. Starting today I'm set to change my ways and I cannot wait for a bit of positivity and some feel-good vibes!!
Hi Joanne, I have been on SW nearly a year now, when I joined for the 3rd time I was at my heaviest, was disgusted. I had thought by this point I would have lost a lot more, but what I realised with me, others in class and generally a lot on here is that we can emotionally eat, self-sabotage, beat ourselves up, pressure and stress ourselves, get stuck in that cycle, overeat again, then feel guilt and the cycle begins again. I remember being so upset and frustrated when I worked so hard on weeks and then would lose just 1 lb. People would say it is a loss and 1lb per week for 52 weeks is 52 lbs.

Almost 52 weeks later looking back I would have taken 1lb loss a week lol. But what is different this time is that I kept going, took the gains, the STS, the emotional eating, the frustration, the self sabotaging etc and realised these are part of the process, it has taken me to the last few months to realise that, I wanted to have big losses every week, I constantly compared myself to others, but we are human and we have weaknesses, we fail, but the most important thing I have learned is to keep going.

I hope this is encouraging, when I looked back on some parts of my diary, all I seemed to do was moan and sound very negative, now I am a bit more philosophical about it all and my attitude has totally changed and am actually proud of myself for sticking it out. Honestly if you keep going, it will all fall into place, you seem like you have already identified your triggers, your barriers and your challenges. There is a thing called life that happens, it knocks you off, it slaps you right in the face, it kicks the s**t out of you!!! But be ready to fight and overcome it!!!!

Hi Joanne, I have been on SW nearly a year now, when I joined for the 3rd time I was at my heaviest, was disgusted. I had thought by this point I would have lost a lot more, but what I realised with me, others in class and generally a lot on here is that we can emotionally eat, self-sabotage, beat ourselves up, pressure and stress ourselves, get stuck in that cycle, overeat again, then feel guilt and the cycle begins again. I remember being so upset and frustrated when I worked so hard on weeks and then would lose just 1 lb. People would say it is a loss and 1lb per week for 52 weeks is 52 lbs.

Almost 52 weeks later looking back I would have taken 1lb loss a week lol. But what is different this time is that I kept going, took the gains, the STS, the emotional eating, the frustration, the self sabotaging etc and realised these are part of the process, it has taken me to the last few months to realise that, I wanted to have big losses every week, I constantly compared myself to others, but we are human and we have weaknesses, we fail, but the most important thing I have learned is to keep going.

I hope this is encouraging, when I looked back on some parts of my diary, all I seemed to do was moan and sound very negative, now I am a bit more philosophical about it all and my attitude has totally changed and am actually proud of myself for sticking it out. Honestly if you keep going, it will all fall into place, you seem like you have already identified your triggers, your barriers and your challenges. There is a thing called life that happens, it knocks you off, it slaps you right in the face, it kicks the s**t out of you!!! But be ready to fight and overcome it!!!!

Hey Misty,

Thanks for coming along! What I say and what I do kinda don't always tend to line up! That's why I'm here really, to be totally 100% honest with myself. After all, it is just about me, nobody else! I'm the one with the weakness for Purple Snacks 🤤 I'm the one thats there when the jeans dont feel comfortable.. I'm gonna go find your thread and have a nosey! Have you stayed with SW for the full year? Have you lost much?

Hey Misty,

Thanks for coming along! What I say and what I do kinda don't always tend to line up! That's why I'm here really, to be totally 100% honest with myself. After all, it is just about me, nobody else! I'm the one with the weakness for Purple Snacks 🤤 I'm the one thats there when the jeans dont feel comfortable.. I'm gonna go find your thread and have a nosey! Have you stayed with SW for the full year? Have you lost much?
My stats are at the side, 2 stone 2.5 lbs, would have loved it to be at least 3 stone, but it is what it is, AND could have been so much worse lol

This is where the negative thinking kills me, a few months ago I would have thought that's pretty crap, my consultant and close friends say I am too hard on myself and to give myself a break, so I have!!!!

I agree with them!! me as a total noobie looking at your loss, I am amazed and want to know how you lost every single bloody pound!! Don't be so hard on yourself 💕

I agree with them!! me as a total noobie looking at your loss, I am amazed and want to know how you lost every single bloody pound!! Don't be so hard on yourself 💕
I had to keep going as did not want to go up to that 14 stone again, that is heaviest I have even been, that put me on the morbidly obese scale, took me ages to embrace the achievement rather than focusing on what I hadn't achieved.

Happy Friday Everybody!

So I went for lunch with a friend on Wednesday evening, had a lovely evening. We had a great chat and a catch up but the food and service in the hotel were shite! 45 mins waiting for our food, and we only ordered a stir fry and a curry. Not like we ordered steaks.. Apart from being starving waiting for the food we had a good laugh. I kept well within my syns and was quite happy with the day.
Last night I got caught at work and was meeting my mam for a cuppa and a chat but as I was too late to cook and my husband was going golfing, I didn't cook a dinner and decided to eat out instead. Bad move- I ordered chicken wings & chips! 😭 The salads didnt look great and I just didnt study the menu properly! A mistake I shall not repeat!!
I have so much on this week with eating out! we have our wedding anniversary dinner Saturday, it's my God-Daughters birthday party Saturday also. I'm making the sandwiches but I'll keep some bits aside for myself to make sure I'm not picking. I'll fill up on a good breakfast and I'll have a lunch with me and some fruit.
My SW consultant actually tells restaurants she is coeliac when She is eating out so they won't put butter and sauces on her food.. may be an idea 🤣

I usually find, the few times I have eaten out, if I say I don't want a certain they are usually ok.

Hope you find that too.

Where are you and how had it gone since Friday?

I usually find, the few times I have eaten out, if I say I don't want a certain they are usually ok.

Hope you find that too.

Where are you and how had it gone since Friday?

Hey Doreen,

We had such an amazing dinner on Saturday night, i had a crab & smoked salmon salad to start and Salmon with veggies as a mains but I forgot to feckin tell them to hold the oil.. they weren't smothered but there was some oil on them! :classic_roll_eyes: I got a dessert but didn't finish it..Some sort of a chocolate thing! I drove to dinner so I didn't drink but we got home and parked up and went out for a few drinks. I had 2 glasses of wine and 2 west coast coolers. Not bad at all, I was quite impressed!

I'm in Limerick, Ireland.. :classic_big_grin:

Soooo I'm in a bit of a pickle! well... not so much a pickle... I've a hectic social life :eatdrink023::eating:
I've eaten out 4 nights this week, I'm meeting friends tonight, we are away for the weekend next weekend, my sister in law's hen weekend is in 2 weeks and then I go to the states for 2 weeks with work.. I don't want to miss out on any of these, I just have to find a way of making them more SW friendly. But after this month, we have a wedding in November and that's it then until Christmas!

Hi Joanne, it is hard when you have so much on, I have been totally off plan all week, with weddings, catch ups and "things", have my WI tomorrow and will bear the consequences, but hoping to get straight back on plan tomorrow, a night out ends up being a few days off plan for me. At this point nothing major on this week, but a catch up with friends next week, going to try my best to stay "on" plan this week and recoup the inevitable gain I will have tomorrow. Hard to get back into momentum sometimes.

Hi Joanne, it is hard when you have so much on, I have been totally off plan all week, with weddings, catch ups and "things", have my WI tomorrow and will bear the consequences, but hoping to get straight back on plan tomorrow, a night out ends up being a few days off plan for me. At this point nothing major on this week, but a catch up with friends next week, going to try my best to stay "on" plan this week and recoup the inevitable gain I will have tomorrow. Hard to get back into momentum sometimes.

Oh stop Misty! I have my weigh in this evening too and I will def be up as apart from all the eating it's ⭐ week... :classic_roll_eyes: typical isn't it!!But ya know what, I was contemplating not going to my meeting this evening until I saw your comment. I was thinking to myself that I'll be up for the next few weigh-ins, what is the point. But the point is that I will go totally off the rails altogether if I don't go to my meeting.. Realistically it will be October before I start to see any major losses! :classic_err_what::classic_err_what:

Morning all!

So I was slightly hungover yesterday and had no interest! :classic_wink: I had a very good week this week, was planning and tracking when and where possible. I ate out 5 days though.. I just have a lot on and I'm okay with that too because for long enough I worked shift work and I couldn't meet up with people or just take off to the pub with my husband for a match so I'm not complaining. I understand that I will probably have gains for the next few weeks but they will probably be smaller gains than if I go totally off plan altogether and stop going to meetings every week.

I have my meeting this evening and I am also going to do our weekly shop. So I will have a look at a few recipes and ideas and make up my meal plan and shopping list today at work. I actually have nothing on until the weekend so I could try fill up on speed & protein and maybe reduce my syns to 10 a day.. It's our anniversary this weekend and we are off to Westport in Co. Mayo for 2 nights. We will be eating out for the 2 nights and we will be having a few drinks. I will just have to be super on plan until then. I will have a good breakfast & lunch on Friday and bring up some fruit & yogurts with me to have in the hotel.

Realistically it's 2 days out of the 7 that I will be slightly off plan. I'm going to go away now and make up my meal plan and see where I'm going from there.
Have a lovely day everyone
Joanne x

Joanne when I am organised and have meals planned even if only for the next few days, I am more likely to stay on plan. In the past when I went off plan I went into the old familiar mode of "I might as well continue to stay off plan", "I may as well not go back" or most importantly feel like I have failed and beat myself up. I have not missed any classes for months, I always go and face up to it, and I am always glad that I did, many times others will be in the same position and therefore it makes you feel "only human".

Another thing worth a mention is, today will be my 52nd WI, a year ago when I joined for the 3rd time, only a few members including myself have stuck it out, but all of them, apart from me have left and re-started, I by sheer default am the person in my class with the biggest overall loss. I have averaged it out over the year and have lost just over 0.5 lbs. looking back I had so many frustrations and would leave class sometimes in tears, I was constantly comparing myself to others, there were losing colossal amounts and I was gaining, STS, or losing a piddly 0.5 lbs. The moral of the story is of the 100,s of people who have come in and out of class the last year, not ONE of us have had continuous weight loss week in and week out, but chipping away and sticking at it through the good and the bad has been an important part of the process. I would have taken 1lb a week loss this time last year, knowing what I know now, but it did not work out that way, so I'm embracing what I have achieved rather than what I haven't.

I cannot wait for you to post in a years time, and to read what you have achieved, learned and experienced!!!! :banana_dancer: :banana_dancer: :banana_dancer: :banana_dancer: :banana_dancer: :banana_dancer: :banana_dancer:

Joanne when I am organised and have meals planned even if only for the next few days, I am more likely to stay on plan. In the past when I went off plan I went into the old familiar mode of "I might as well continue to stay off plan", "I may as well not go back" or most importantly feel like I have failed and beat myself up. I have not missed any classes for months, I always go and face up to it, and I am always glad that I did, many times others will be in the same position and therefore it makes you feel "only human".

Another thing worth a mention is, today will be my 52nd WI, a year ago when I joined for the 3rd time, only a few members including myself have stuck it out, but all of them, apart from me have left and re-started, I by sheer default am the person in my class with the biggest overall loss. I have averaged it out over the year and have lost just over 0.5 lbs. looking back I had so many frustrations and would leave class sometimes in tears, I was constantly comparing myself to others, there were losing colossal amounts and I was gaining, STS, or losing a piddly 0.5 lbs. The moral of the story is of the 100,s of people who have come in and out of class the last year, not ONE of us have had continuous weight loss week in and week out, but chipping away and sticking at it through the good and the bad has been an important part of the process. I would have taken 1lb a week loss this time last year, knowing what I know now, but it did not work out that way, so I'm embracing what I have achieved rather than what I haven't.

I cannot wait for you to post in a years time, and to read what you have achieved, learned and experienced!!!! :banana_dancer: :banana_dancer: :banana_dancer: :banana_dancer: :banana_dancer: :banana_dancer: :banana_dancer:

Thank you Misty! I have been up weight most weeks since my holidays!! I'm great to track and plan for the weekdays but on the weekends then it goes all out the window!! I kinda do it up in my head but I haven't been writing a thing the last few weekends. I AM going to stick to my weekly meetings and I AM going to actually stick to the meal plans I have created. I really want to do it this time.. I am here printing off recipe ideas, I may go and buy a folder after my meeting this evening and start slotting them into it in categories. That would make it much easier for me too.. I'm really hoping I will still be here in a year's time!

Back