10 Stone - 140lb to lose - day 2 and counting!

snowi

So - despite having been here before (losing 8 stone with LL and 3 stone with CD (3 times!) - I'm now on day 2 of S&S with 10 stone to lose to get to my goal. I turn 50 in 2014 and don't want my 50's to be as disappointing as my 40's!

So far I'm doing ok, I like the food I've had and feel fine, apart from a severe headache, and I'm looking forward to being able to add 200g of veg per day - it seems that it makes the meals much more appetizing and also gives the feeling of having an actual meal rather than just a food pack - I guess it also makes you get used to eating vegetables in many different ways which will definitely help when achieving goal to maintain (which I failed to do previously!)

Anyway - I'll be keeping a diary - probably far too often on here - so that I can keep focussed!

I like to give and receive encouragement so anyone else likely to be still doing this in July/August next year - hello!!

I'm not sure how long I will be on this Journey but definitely until May for now. I have about 9 stone to lose so a long journey in terms of VLCD but short compared to traditional weight loss plans.

I'm on day 3 and hoping it gets easier from here...
X

Hi Snowi - Hello back !

I have just started too - and got 10 stone to lose - so in a weird way am saying i also want to be here next July/August (scary but true)

I have also done LL previously and failed at maintenance stage - so a bit of similar history ...

Am sure the headache will subside once you get into ketosis and into the routine of the diet - its not caused by dehydration is it ??

Am currently on here most nights (and prob weekends!) - one of my distraction techniques - am also thinking of taking up knitting :character00148:

Good luck and happy shakes .........

Elaine

I have started knitting again. Now gave loads of chunky frilly scarves lol

Back