10 stones in 10 months!

I just got the OK from my Dr and he said its very possible (I'm 25 stones 360 lbs) so the weight will drop off easy the first year. I thought I'd start with 1200 calories and exercise however I was talked out of this by people who know better than I do. I know this is a lot of weight to lose but I am determined and if in 10 months I only lose 9 stones then I'd be over the moon nevertheless.

Anyway what do you guys think? Is it possible, any advice will be welcome and appreciated.

Hope you have a lovely weekend :)

Yep possible, but, I'd start on higher calories, mainly because your a little bigger and 1200 will be quite a drastic shock to your body, it will be like 'wtf why am I being starved' lol and you'll feel hungry and miserable, which in turn unless will power is strong and mighty, will lead to a binge, start at the recommended cal intake for a woman which is 2k calories, my bf told me when I first started just to stick to that and I was like no way that's a huge amount, so I calculated what I ate before I started dieting and I was reaching nearly 4k calories a day!! So 2k seemed fine, and once you're into the diet, gradually lower them, you'll loose weight nicely then and each time you lower them it will kick start it, I'm not a dietician but cal counting can be quite hard at times, especially when you murder that mars bar lol this is what I'd do anyhow if I was you :)

Hope this helps
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

frankinstein123 said:
Yep possible, but, I'd start on higher calories, mainly because your a little bigger and 1200 will be quite a drastic shock to your body, it will be like 'wtf why am I being starved' lol and you'll feel hungry and miserable, which in turn unless will power is strong and mighty, will lead to a binge, start at the recommended cal intake for a woman which is 2k calories, my bf told me when I first started just to stick to that and I was like no way that's a huge amount, so I calculated what I ate before I started dieting and I was reaching nearly 4k calories a day!! So 2k seemed fine, and once you're into the diet, gradually lower them, you'll loose weight nicely then and each time you lower them it will kick start it, I'm not a dietician but cal counting can be quite hard at times, especially when you murder that mars bar lol this is what I'd do anyhow if I was you :)

Hope this helps
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Totally agree, start off much higher than 1200 when you have a lot to lose. I still think 10 months may be too short a time to lose 10 stone in a maintainable way, but only time will tell with that. However, please don't drop your calories too low too quickly. x

I started my calories on 1500 and i was 225lbs and weight still dropped off me..........please dont go that low as you will struggle more (well i would anyway) and also if you have a bad day or week it wont do yourself any good

Good luck, you can do it and like others gave adviced maybe start off on a few more calories, I'm on 1600 and loosing weight

As someone mentioned on your other post, join Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com they will recommend the amount of calories you should eat and reduce it the smaller you get. I've dieted with girls of your starting weight and yes if you stick to it the weight just drops off in the beginning! Good luck and the only other advice I can is all the advise I've been telling myself since the start of the year;

Start NOW - sooner you start the sooner your finish.
Stick with it - you don't want to restart again in 6 months time when you could have already been down a fair amount.
Don't cheat yourself - record every calorie and weigh/measure everything.
Don't let a bad day turn into a bad week - You will have a bad day, catch yourself, remember why you are doing this and stick with it.
Load up on fruit/veg/salads - they make even small meals seem huge.
Diets are 80% nutrition 20% exercise - don't ever think "i'll just work it off later".

Good luck and I hope that's helpful! You can do it! :D

Back