10 week countdown to results day

Jo1989

Gold Member
Soooo having come off the Cambridge diet mid March I've pretty much maintained (up and down a lb or so depending on carbs / hormones) apart from an initial 4 lb gain coming off the diet. I now would like to lose 7lbs or so.

I did a work related exam on Wednesday which I'm not feeling great about and I've got to wait nervously 10 WEEKS for the results so rather than worry about that I'm going to focus on using the 10 weeks productively to lose those 7lbs. That way, on results day if I haven't done as well as I'd like to, I can avoid the whole usual using any excuse to beat myself up for not losing weight ie. totally irrational 'not only have I not done well enough I've also not lost 7lbs like I wanted to 10 weeks ago, I'm a let down blah blah blah'.

This time I'm seeing it as a positive motivator to be able to tell myself I've used those 10 weeks really well and focused on something productive. And hopefully I'll have two sets of good results!!

Going to do a 5:2 ish plan with two days under 800 cals as that seems to work for me. I gym it 4 times a week for 50 mins intense cardio and then do 6 x 20 mins strength training throughout the week. Also aiming to do 60 squats / a 90 sec plank / 2 mins of an arm strength exercise I don't know the name of 5 times a week as a little extra toning.

So tomorrow is day 1, maintained at 12st 5 since Cambridge but after a very carby calorific 'f*** it' week I expect to weigh at 12 6/7 tomorrow. Goal is to get to 11 stone 13 which puts my BMI at about 23.5 then reassess further goals.

Will update weight tomorrow and then post exercises / cals eaten each day each day following. I seem to be able to eat 2250 cals a day plus exercise cals across the week and STS so aiming for an average net amount of 1750 over the week. Currently choose to have 3000-3500 cals Saturday / Sunday and eat less in the week which isn't ideal health wise but it does seem to work for me so sticking with that for now with the aim of cutting weekends back slowly.

Excited to use the next 10 weeks well :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Feeling a massive amount of food related guilt today. Went over my cals for the week for the first time since going onto maintenance. Also, meant to go to the gym today and clean the house but because my husband was off I decided to spend the day with him instead. We're both super busy so don't often to get to spend the day together so it was the right choice but I still feel guilty for not sticking to plan. I guess I'm in the habit of thinking one bad week means a downward spiral but it doesn't need to be. Fresh start tomorrow.

Day 1, Week 1
12st 8lbs weigh in :rolleyes: Couple of lbs higher than expected but as I was 12st 5lbs 4 days ago I'm confident most of that is carb/water weight.

Will update my cals / exercise for the day tomorrow and start a rolling post to tally my results each week. Hope to be 12st 5 next Saturday.

Lovely weekend with my partner :) After a week off work I'm not keen to be going back, but it'll be fine once I'm there as I do love my job.

I was just saying on another thread, I always feel absolutely dreadful on a Monday; miserable and depressed and sick. And that's really unlike me, as I'm a really positive person and don't feel often feel sick either. I know for sure its a comedown from all the sugar and toxic chemicals I consume over the weekend and I really need to tackle that. I'm wondering if I should do one of my fast days on a Saturday for that reason actually, to minimise the weekend abuse of my body. Thing is, the weekend just doesn't feel like the weekend without a load of food. But I hate this feeling every single week, I can't even imagine how it feels for people who feel like this all the time :( Anyway, positive thinking- I'm at the gym working up a ridiculous sweat and today is a fast day so that'll make me feel clearer.

Plan for today is stay under 700 cals max, complete gym and do my second arms/abs for the week this evening plus a second mini tone session with squats etc.

Update for the first two days:

Day 2, Week 1
3228 calories
1/5: 60 squats / 90 sec plank/2m bird-dog

Day 1, Week 1
3448 calories
1/3 Arms-Abs and 1/3 Legs-Butt

As you'll see below, no fast day yesterday as I just wasn't into it and my manager wanted to go for lunch as it was my first day back. Fast day planned for today instead. At the gym at the mo so that'll be my second session for the week.

Really been thinking about my weekend cals a lot. As I plan to give myself a big cal allowance for the weekend I never feel guilty at the time really but I do worry about the impact on my health and what my body looks like inside! Seems silly to be doing so much exercise and relatively sensible in the week to then ruin it (health wise) at the weekend. BUT I think part of the reason I stick to the exercise etc is because I know I've got the weekend to look forward to. Maybe I'll just lower my weekend allowance slowly each week and then gradually I'll be eating less crap anyway.

So funny that despite being able to stick to Cambridge for weeks at a time without a slip that I struggle so much with cal counting - reckon the sugar and chemicals play a huge part - but they're the bit that feel so good at the time!

Plan for today is do yesterday's fast, finish the gym, and do my legs/butt tonight with a third mini toning session. Then I'll have earned myself a well deserved rest day tomorrow.

Day 3, Week 1
2050 calories - 696 ex = 1354 net
1/4 Gym
2/3 Arms-Abs
2/5: 60 squats/90 sec plank/2m bird-dog

Day 2, Week 1
3228 calories
1/5: 60 squats/ 90 sec plank/2m bird-dog

Day 1, Week 1
3448 calories - 170 ex = 3278 net

I'm already not in the mood for a fast day. Eurgh. If I want to get two in this week I need to get to it!

No fast day yet!! First time since starting maintenance I've not done a Monday fast. However, my weekday calories have been a lot more reasonable and controlled so as long as I get in one fast day this week (fingers crossed for tomorrow!) I should create the deficit I wanted still. Not beating myself up about it as I feel much more calm and in control of my binge cravings this week.

Day 4, Week 1
2268 calories - 689 ex = 1579 net
2/4 Gym
2/3 Legs-Butt
3/5: 60 squats/90 sec plank/2m bird-dog

Day 3, Week 1
2050 calories - 696 ex = 1354 net
1/4 Gym
2/3 Arms-Abs
2/5: 60 squats/90 sec plank/2m bird-dog

Day 2, Week 1
3228 calories
1/5: 60 squats/ 90 sec plank/2m bird-dog

Day 1, Week 1
3448 calories - 170 ex = 3278 net

I am determined to do a fast day today!! The day will pass regardless of what I'm eating and I'm popping home at lunchtime anyway so I can have a shake then. Might even do myself a quick pedi for distraction!!

If I do a fast today I've met my deficit target and I'll lose any bloat still holding on from last weeks carb fest.

Yep. Doing it.

Ended on 856 which I'm more than happy with for a fast day attempt as I really wasn't feeling it this week. As long as I'm under 2200 calories tomorrow I've achieved the deficit I wanted :)

Day 6, Week 1
856 calories - 691 ex = 165 net
3/4 Gym
3/3 Arms-Abs
4/5: 60 squats/90 sec plank/2m bird-dog

Day 5, Week 1
2180 calories
REST DAY

Day 4, Week 1

2268 calories - 689 ex = 1579 net
2/4 Gym
2/3 Legs-Butt