10 week holiday challenge!

Sounds good I wish i was more adventurous with my hair just can't bring myself to do it! I did have purple tips last year but faded so quickly. Enjoy your swim when you go and nothing wrong with being a towel person x

azwethinkweiz said:
1lb a week is considered doable & healthy. But as previous poster says... It does depend how much you have to lose. I lost 3-4lbs at a time when I was a lot bigger. Now I'm lucky if I lose a lb a week because I only have 9-10lb till I'm at goal weight (slows down when you're near the end methinks). I think if you're strict with yourself & do the exercise, a lot of weight can be lost. For instance: My mum lost a stone in a matter of weeks by eating porridge for brekkie, soup & sambo for lunch, and a healthy dinner everyday. No junk at all but allowed herself a small glass of red wine most evenings. She goes jogging 5km about 5-6 times a week. We all have the potential, it's the strictness & willpower that I'm lacking lol!!

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

I tried jogging but it was a disaster lol couldnt breath lol. I need to get off my lazy bum and go for a walk thats how i lost w8 after i had my 1st kid 9yrs ago so i need to stop being lazy. My heads in a rubbish place though as i nvr want to leave the house dnt want ppl seeing me! Im not living just surviving.
Your mums done realy well and u too.xx

giles86 said:
I think it depends in how much you have to lose in general and how much you exercise. I was talking to my gp yesterday and she was saying that 1lb is the general weight loss a week that she tells people to aim for.

I've been on my diet since 20th feb so roughly 7 weeks ( if my maths is correct) and I've lost 12lb so far and I'd love to lose another 6lb in the next three weeks which should be possible if I work really hard and stick to my points

Your doing fab well done. I should just find the confidence from somewhere and bloody wrap a towel around myself n get on with it! Do you just leave it at the side of the pool till u get out? X

nicnacmac said:
I tried jogging but it was a disaster lol couldnt breath lol. I need to get off my lazy bum and go for a walk thats how i lost w8 after i had my 1st kid 9yrs ago so i need to stop being lazy. My heads in a rubbish place though as i nvr want to leave the house dnt want ppl seeing me! Im not living just surviving.
Your mums done realy well and u too.xx
The hardest thing to get right about jogging is the breathing. I only started a few months back. I did c25k programme because it stats you off slow.
I know how you feel about your head in the wrong place, I'm suffering with depression at the mo. I have to force myself to leave the house sometimes. It's hard, I know hon. xx *hugs*

nicnacmac said:
Your doing fab well done. I should just find the confidence from somewhere and bloody wrap a towel around myself n get on with it! Do you just leave it at the side of the pool till u get out? X

Thanks hun.

Hey confidence is a strange thing, easy to lose but difficult to regain!
I leave my towel on a chair (my pool has a couple of sun loungers and chairs and a table for locker keys etc) hurry to the pool and then grab it when I get out and it's firmly attached to me, not just for weight but I have some scars that freak me out so feel better if people can't see them.

It can be really difficult to get out of the house especially when you don't feel like it because the house is safe outside doesn't always feel that way, do you have a friend to go swimming with as that's really helped me x

I've had a good day today, done aqua aerobics & had a swim, I've stayed within my pp too so I'm happy x

Had a great week on the scales...lost 3lbs in spite of eating/drinking over Easter!!!

Thanks to those who suggested to couch 2 5k plan, just finished week 2 and already jogging continuous further than ever before!!!! Xx ?

Partypaula said:
Had a great week on the scales...lost 3lbs in spite of eating/drinking over Easter!!!

Thanks to those who suggested to couch 2 5k plan, just finished week 2 and already jogging continuous further than ever before!!!! Xx ?

Well done

I hate runnin so much! Well done to everyone who lost weight :) I know but I'm do impatient I know 2lb is good but I want the weight off yesterday! Honestly I cannot recommend that DVD enough it's only £5 off amazon, and I can see a difference already! 20 mins a day is so doable it works. I read somewhere anymore than 40-60 mins of exercise is no good lol ur body starts storing fat?? I keep going over my points! I've used 10 weeklies and wi was only yesterday :( I keep nibbling at stuff I just go into the fridge and eat!! And I've lost all sense of taste and smell for 6 days because of a cold so I think tht may b why! Well done whoever said they done 46 lengths that is really amazing!! Xx

Eeek feeling really depressed why do I have sneak peaks at the scale! Think I'm going to need to hide them. :(

louise88 said:
Eeek feeling really depressed why do I have sneak peaks at the scale! Think I'm going to need to hide them. :(

I know the feeling! I got weighed before and gutted! I really should weigh myself between weigh ins. When do you weigh in? I'm sure by weigh in it'll have sorted itself out (that's what I'm telling myself anyway)

Partypaula said:

Well done!! I keep telling people about c25k but they never believe me sp I'm glad someone is listening :D Keep up the good work hon, woop woop! X

Think this is the latest version....

Azwethinkweiz 10lbs (1lbs lost, 9lbs to go)
CLH_X3 16lbs (7lbs lost 9lbs to go) 4
Dolly Rocker 14lbs (6.5lbs lost 7.5lbs to go)
Lizaberryman 14lbs (2lbs lost 12lbs to go)
MrsK87 10lbs (1lbs lost 9lbs to go)
Snugglepuss 14lbs (2.5lbs lost 11lbs to go)
giles86 10lbs (2.5lbs lost 7.5lbs to go)
Lydiahoyle 14lbs (1lbs lost 13lbs to go)1
gracemiren 8lbs (0lbs lost 8lbs to go)
blonde_sue 15lbs (3.5lbs lost 11.5lbs to go
louise88 16lbs (7.5lbs lost 8.5lbs to go) 3
Partypaula 14lbs (5lbs lost 9lbs to go)3
kristin 14lbs (0lbs lost 14lbs to go)
x_sambam_x 14lbs (3lbs lost 11lbs to go)
Lovehandles 10.5lbs (2lb lost 8.5lbs to go)

Azwethinkweiz 10lbs (1lbs lost, 9lbs to go)
CLH_X3 16lbs (7lbs lost 9lbs to go) 4
Dolly Rocker 14lbs (6.5lbs lost 7.5lbs to go)
Lizaberryman 14lbs (2lbs lost 12lbs to go)
MrsK87 10lbs (1lbs lost 9lbs to go)
Snugglepuss 14lbs (2.5lbs lost 11lbs to go)
giles86 10lbs (2.5lbs lost 7.5lbs to go)
Lydiahoyle 14lbs (1lbs lost 13lbs to go)1
gracemiren 8lbs (0lbs lost 8lbs to go)
blonde_sue 15lbs (3.5lbs lost 11.5lbs to go
louise88 16lbs (7.5lbs lost 8.5lbs to go) 3
Partypaula 14lbs (5lbs lost 9lbs to go)3
kristin 14lbs (0lbs lost 14lbs to go)
x_sambam_x 14lbs (3lbs lost 11lbs to go)
Lovehandles 10.5lbs (2lb lost 8.5lbs to go)
janiebaby 9lbs ( 2lbs lost 7lbs to go )

well done

giles86 said:
I know the feeling! I got weighed before and gutted! I really should weigh myself between weigh ins. When do you weigh in? I'm sure by weigh in it'll have sorted itself out (that's what I'm telling myself anyway)

I weigh in on a Saturday. Was a wee bit naughty at the weekend and used some weeklies but been really good this week. I hope so just not feeling that positive this week. X

louise88 said:
I weigh in on a Saturday. Was a wee bit naughty at the weekend and used some weeklies but been really good this week. I hope so just not feeling that positive this week. X

Well good luck! You never know I've always found that when I feel heavy and feel that it's going to be awful I've actually lost weight. Weeklies are there to be use, tho I try not to use mine, so hopefully it won't have made a difference x

Well done janiebaby! Can someone please update me, I've lost 5 in total now, thank u! Sat weigh in girls I don't envy u, I go mad on a Friday so I would put on weight on a sat morning lol! X

Back