10 Weigh In's to GSR2013

Good Morning Bin....

I lost 4.5lb on Monday but everything has gone downhill since then....

Training stopped as I have a tight calf, eating is well 100% off plan & motivation is at Zero!!!!

Other than that I'm good lol....

I keep getting the Facebook updates & I'm starting to get excited....

Calf permitting, I'm doing a 6 Week Cross-training program as of Monday which will target leg endurance. I'm told this will help come mile 6 onwards....!!

How did WI go & have you done any more training since last post?

Evening Gav

Well done on your 4.5 weight loss brilliant:)

Sorry your motivation has gone AWOL, we cant be 100% all the time so don't let it get to you, just draw a line and start again. I know how you feel as I get like that when the scales just do not shift week after week!

It was my calf as well that kept seizing up yesterday when I went running god it hurt. I may have a short run tomorrow see how it goes or may even just do a bit on the treadmill as I find that more gentle, shall see what I feel like tomorrow after work.

Had weigh in tonight lost another lb which I am happy with as they all add up, am going on holiday 7 weeks on Monday so a lb a week would be half a stone before I go which would be great, fingers crossed.

Hope you are soon back on track and good luck with the training.

Good Morning,

Been off line for a while feeling sorry for myself as I still have a calf strain, oh & I've added pulled muscles in my shoulders to that thanks to crossfit!!

My eating has also been poor meaning I've put on a lb last week & this week also not looking to good!!

So with 5 weeks to go to the GSR I am in a positive place....NOT!! lol

Hope everyone else is doing better, I'm back on it as of Monday at the latest....

Gavin

Hey Gav. Also feeling very sorry for myself - tummy trouble again from gallbladder op. So been off work for a few days now. Sleep all over the place too. Managed to stick to the diet plan though, apart from a night off on Tuesday night for Dad's birthday. Managed to lose 17 of the 18lb I put on during my months off, so that is good. Not remotely ready for the GSR though!

Hi Cazza,
I hope your Gallbladder settles soon!!

And we'll done on the 17lb loss....

I'm going to a Crossfit Endurance class tomorrow to try & kickstart the next 5 weeks....

If your interested then look up "Crossfit Southern Legion" on Facebook....

The class is free and is running from 10am-12am tomorrow!!

Gav

Dammit I am over in Southampton all morning tomorrow - Chloe has Black Belt Academy! Definitely looks like something I'd like to try in the future, though when I am going to fit it in I am not 100% sure. I have upped my martial arts so doing that 4 nights a week at the moment. I just love it, it makes me feel good :) 8 months ago I never would have believed anyone if they told me that now I would be training for up to 6 hours a week by choice and loving it!!! Let me know what it is like tomorrow - I don't know a lot about cross fit but would like to know more. I want to get even fitter, like proper fit. Really need to join the gym and start doing some weights to increase my strength I think!

I've done a normal Crossfit class & it's a high intensity mix of weights & cardio.

The class I did was in 2 parts.

The first was 10 shoulder press's followed by 10 Russian Kettlebell swings, every minute on the minute for 10 minutes.

Then we did the workout of the day which was 400m Row (coz I couldn't run due to bad calf), 10 burpees & 15 Air Squats. We did 3 sets and was timed.

I pulled my shoulder on the first set of shoulder press's but struggled through the rest.

The 30. Min workout had the same effect as my usual one hour workout.

I was aching all over the next morning, it was certainly a full body workout!!

They are running free taster classes every morning 6-7am & evening 7-8pm this week, like them on Facebook & add your name & time on the daily post. You'll enjoy it :D!!

Crossfit went well but eating is getting worse & worse....

Day off today so went out for lunch and ate to excess so didn't WI coz it wouldn't be a true reading....

Going to try & get to another group later in the week....

Training & Eating diary back in force tomorrow!!!!

5 weeks of training hard & eating clean ready for the Great South Run!!!!

It is coming round far too quickly!!! Having phantom gallbladder issues at the moment - ridiculous! Constantly sounds like there is a thunder storm inside me. GP wanted me to go back in to hospital, I politely declined and will not be going back in unless there is no other choice!

Weighing in tomorrow. Not expecting a big loss this week. Week three always seems to bring with it a rubbish loss!

4 job interviews lined up over the next few weeks, which is very exciting! Only 4 weeks left in current role (though off sick at the moment, which I imagine had not gone down terribly well!) And panicking at the risk of possible unemployment. I really do not wish to be unemployed again!

Wrote a blog post about why I am doing the great South run. Tweeted it to a few people, and it had been retweeted over 30 times, picked up by an online daily and now I've had a message from The News who want to talk to me, so might well be in the paper too! Page has had over 800 hits in past 24 hours, before that was averaging just over 1000 a month!!! Now if only I could work out a way to make money from blogging...

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Morning

I am still having problems with my leg Gav have not done any training for over a week as even walking I keep getting sharp pains in one of my legs, the other leg has improved so just hoping give it another week and then get myself back into training.
My Mum is in the process of moving so with work and helping her, also looking after a friends 2 dogs for a month I don't seem to have much free time. The dogs go home next Weds.
Glad the crossfit went well sounds like hard work!
Should be getting our running packs soon see which wave we are in I was in Green last year and expect that is what I shall be in this year, that was quite nice as felt under no pressure to go to fast.

Starlitt_Cazza I read your blog really moving, I lost my Dad last year, I ran for the local hospice where he spent his last few days, it was quite emotional especially as I crossed the line. I am sure your Mum will be with you every step of the run.
Good luck with the job interviews.

Not expecting much on the weight loss front this week as was not focused at all over the weekend plus Sainsburys have got their oat cookies on special offer so had to buy some, wrong move!!!

Hope you both have a good day.

It is coming round far too quickly!!! Having phantom gallbladder issues at the moment - ridiculous! Constantly sounds like there is a thunder storm inside me. GP wanted me to go back in to hospital, I politely declined and will not be going back in unless there is no other choice! Weighing in tomorrow. Not expecting a big loss this week. Week three always seems to bring with it a rubbish loss! 4 job interviews lined up over the next few weeks, which is very exciting! Only 4 weeks left in current role (though off sick at the moment, which I imagine had not gone down terribly well!) And panicking at the risk of possible unemployment. I really do not wish to be unemployed again! Wrote a blog post about why I am doing the great South run. Tweeted it to a few people, and it had been retweeted over 30 times, picked up by an online daily and now I've had a message from The News who want to talk to me, so might well be in the paper too! Page has had over 800 hits in past 24 hours, before that was averaging just over 1000 a month!!! Now if only I could work out a way to make money from blogging... Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

There's a lady called "Weight Loss *****" who blogs I follow her in Twitter & Facebook....

I think she has just been paid for an article but she's coming down from around late 30/early 40 stone mark....

She's lost about 14st so far!!

You'll have to point me to where you blog....

As for your gallbladder I hope it settles soon!!

Morning I am still having problems with my leg Gav have not done any training for over a week as even walking I keep getting sharp pains in one of my legs, the other leg has improved so just hoping give it another week and then get myself back into training. My Mum is in the process of moving so with work and helping her, also looking after a friends 2 dogs for a month I don't seem to have much free time. The dogs go home next Weds. Glad the crossfit went well sounds like hard work! Should be getting our running packs soon see which wave we are in I was in Green last year and expect that is what I shall be in this year, that was quite nice as felt under no pressure to go to fast. Starlitt_Cazza I read your blog really moving, I lost my Dad last year, I ran for the local hospice where he spent his last few days, it was quite emotional especially as I crossed the line. I am sure your Mum will be with you every step of the run. Good luck with the job interviews. Not expecting much on the weight loss front this week as was not focused at all over the weekend plus Sainsburys have got their oat cookies on special offer so had to buy some, wrong move!!! Hope you both have a good day.

Afternoon Bin,

I am still suffering with my calf & not done any running for over a week....

I have done Crossfit & some rowing and hoping to be back running this weekend....

Diet has gone wrong again today, really not feeling it!!

Sounds like you have a lot on....

I am starting to get worried about the run coz I am definitely not in the right frame of mind & need to get back running just to boost my confidence!!

Attempted a short run this morning & my calf was having none of it....

Went to the PT who also does limited Physio & explained my situation....

She looked in her injury book &....

I have to rest from all physical activity for 4-6 weeks!!!!

Yes my participation is in jeopardy :-(!!

Hello Gav

Really sorry to hear about your calf, what does the PT think you have actually done? Will keep my fingers crossed it improves quicker than 4 to 6 weeks and you can take part.
Have not been running yet am going to try a gentle run on treadmill next week see how I go hopefully it will hold out.

I have got weigh in tomorrow don't think I have lost anything this week as was not in a diet mood over weekend!

Have got day off tomorrow which is a nice thought.

Keep smiling:)

Hello Gav Really sorry to hear about your calf, what does the PT think you have actually done? Will keep my fingers crossed it improves quicker than 4 to 6 weeks and you can take part. Have not been running yet am going to try a gentle run on treadmill next week see how I go hopefully it will hold out. I have got weigh in tomorrow don't think I have lost anything this week as was not in a diet mood over weekend! Have got day off tomorrow which is a nice thought. Keep smiling:)

She think's I may have a minimum of grade 1 tear which is 4-6 weeks but if it's a grade 2 tear then it's 2-3 months....

I could run through the current pain but it would increase the grade of the tear....

I am going to have 3.5 weeks rest, then a power walk session then if ok a 3 mile run & hope I'm good for the run!!

My diet is still poor but going to get a plan in place this weekend....

I am grimacing at the moment as I'm in pain walking!!

Time will tell if I've done enough....:D

I really don't know what to say other than I shouldn't have read it at work.

Upsetting just reading about it, I couldn't even guess what it felt like going through it.

I'm sure your Mum will be with you every step of the way!!

Sorry - didn't mean to upset you. It was very cathartic writing it, though it really does only touch the surface of everything that happened. Really need to get some training in!

Hope your leg is feeling much better very very soon!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sorry - didn't mean to upset you. It was very cathartic writing it, though it really does only touch the surface of everything that happened. Really need to get some training in! Hope your leg is feeling much better very very soon! Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Don't worry, I am of the sensitive nature....

When you start training don't over do it as you'll be where I am....

I am really worried as the muscle feels swollen today & that's a sign of a grade 2 tear which is 2-3 months....

Oh dear Gav that does not sound good, I hope it is not a grade 2, and that you will be able to re-start gentle training and be ready for the run, keeping fingers crossed for you.

Had weigh in knew I had not done well 2lbs on in 2 weeks, so must try and get my diet head back on and try to lose some before the run, and would like to lose some ready for my holiday in November.

Bit of a sad day today as it was 2 years ago today my Dad fell ill, what we did not realise at the time was we only had 16 weeks left with him. Think of him everyday so many happy memories.

Starlit_ Cazza Hope your Gall bladder settles down, and good luck with the training.

Back