10 Weigh In's to GSR2013

You can't run the GSR (because you could only manage 1.5 miles last week) - The Physio said

You can't defer your place (Use it or lose it) - Great Run Said

Fill up with painkillers & run until you can't then walk the rest - My heart says

What do I do???

Well I started by losing 5.5lb of the 6.5lb I put on last week!!

Evening Gav

Wow well done with the 5.5lb weight loss.

Sorry about your leg it obviously was not the news you wanted.
What ever you decide to do just be careful you don't do any long term damage, one thing for sure is that if you walk the course the crowd will be behind you 100% and get you to the end.
It is still over 2 weeks away so hopefully it has time to improve.

I did a run outside today first one in 4 weeks and pleased to say my leg held out, I slowed the pace down a couple of times as I felt it, but came home iced it straight away and it feels ok.

Have got my weigh in on Thursday hopefully I have lost a bit as I have stayed on plan this week.

Hope your wifes mum is better, how old are your girls?

Have a good Wednesday.

Evening,

Sorry I've been away for a while feeling sorry for myself & eating crap!!

Did a few training sessions but ate the calories burned & more....

As for the GSR I'm looking to run as far as I can then walk the rest....;-)!!

Bin, hope WI & run's have been going well.

Cazza, hope your in a better place than your last post & the hospital have got to bottom of your problem!!

Take Care & Have a good week!!

Gav

Last edited:
Still a bit lost, but making more of an effort to find my way. Back on plan today - I have eaten terribly the last couple of weeks and that cannot continue. Weighed in at 19st this morning, which is still 4lb down than when I restarted a month or so ago, but is 13lb heavier than 3 weeks ago. Need to focus and plough and get shifting some serious weight. I would very much like to be under 16st before Christmas and if I just get on with it and stop messing around then that is easily achievable!!! Bought myself some beautiful Jasper Conran Jeans that I found in a charity shops yesterday. They are lovely. Jeans wise I am between a 16 and an 18 at the moment. I would love to be in a 14 jeans for christmas, but I feel that may well be unlikely! But still, sooner the better! Defintely out of the Great South. Next year... next year I will bloody do it!!!!!

Hi Gav,

How's it going, hope the calf is improving, and you are not so down.

Good for you to run as far as the calf will allow then walk, its all about taking part and raising lots of money for charity, times are not important.

I am not doing very well diet wise, seem to have come to a standstill again whatever I do no weight wants to shift, get so fed up at times feel like just eating loads of rubbish. Have got weigh in tomorrow so fingers crossed I may have lost at least .5 lb!

Have you received your pack yet, I am in green wave which is what I expected, so I can just plod around without worrying about holding up some of the more serious runners. Have booked our hovercraft seats, as they get full really quickly.

Hope the rest of the week is good.

Bin

Evening,

Not been on for a while as been busy & not 100% on Diet....

Had my birthday last Wednesday & it's all gone down hill from there....

Cazza,
I'm glad your back on it. Just take each day as it comes & make small targets. 3st by Xmas is a big ask!!
How is the gallbladder?

Bin,
Hope your training is back on track. I am also in the Green wave.
I managed to get out for a run yesterday 5.7 miles along the seafront with no pain. The first 5+ miler without any niggles!!
I feel good physically & mentally, all of my kit is drying, got a spinning class Tuesday & a gentle swim on Saturday, then I'm ready!!
May see you somewhere around the course!!

Gav

A week today I shall be moving my rather large frame around a 10 mile course known as the Great South Run....
I am running for the Charity "The Sick Children's Trust" who provide accommodation for the family of seriously ill children who are in Hospital long term....
This charity helped my family during their time of need....

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning Gav

That is great a run with no niggles, really pleased it has all come together after all the problems you had with your calf. You are going to do it no problem:)

I did an 8 miler last week and a couple of 3.5 miles. Going to do a gentle 3.5 mile one today, am not going to push it, just a gentle jog, then that is it. Don't feel quite as confident as I did last year.

The weather forecast does not look too good hope they have got that wrong! Not so bad for us but the spectators will get soaked. Have told my family to go and find a café if it is bad!

If I don't get back on here Good luck and yeah may see you on course, will look out for a Sick Children's Trust vest.

Have a good one. :)

Bin

Evening Bin,

Sounds like things have come together for you as well!!

I have many different forecasts, some saying rain but the most detailed one is saying sun between 9-12 & sun with cloud between 12-3 but rain for the rest of the day!!

Our family have booked a room at the Queens so will have their car in the Car Park & will watch from there if it's bad!!

I am in all black with Black Calf Supports & the vest is light blue & white!!

Have a good run, I can't wait for that beer....mmmm ;-)

Last edited:
Morning Gav

Lets hope the weather is kind to us and the spectators, I keep looking at forecasts. Just hope it is not too windy as the hovercraft stops running if it gets too bad. Can just imagine 100's of people rushing to Fishbourne to catch ferry, then running to start line!

Did a last 3.5 miles on Weds which was more a gentle jog as I did not want to pull, twist or strain anything.

Will def keep a look out for you, I am in black bottoms, pink t shirt, yellow air ambulance vest (very coloured coordinated!)

Have a good run Gav and enjoy that beer at the end.

Bin.

Morning Gav Lets hope the weather is kind to us and the spectators, I keep looking at forecasts. Just hope it is not too windy as the hovercraft stops running if it gets too bad. Can just imagine 100's of people rushing to Fishbourne to catch ferry, then running to start line! Did a last 3.5 miles on Weds which was more a gentle jog as I did not want to pull, twist or strain anything. Will def keep a look out for you, I am in black bottoms, pink t shirt, yellow air ambulance vest (very coloured coordinated!) Have a good run Gav and enjoy that beer at the end. Bin.

Morning,
If I was you I'd go straight to fishbourne coz at best it's going to be 25-45mph winds & the Hovercraft won't go in that!!
We have an if Raining & an if not Raining plan for our spectators.
I have been informed that I am one of only two people running for the Sick Children's Trust....
So if you see a large bloke in an adapted Sick Children's vest then that'll be me!! ;-)
I will look out for you & the bonus of bad colour co-ordination is your easily spotted!!
Have a good run too & I will try to post on here in between my steak & Chips and my liquid refreshments!!
Gav

Hi,how did you get on, have seen photos of the bad weather!

I did it in 2hrs 23mins & 30secs....

I could just about walk the last 2 miles let alone run!!

I was on for 2hr 5min - 2hr 10min until I turned onto the seafront...:-(

I was in lots of pain though....more training for next year!'

Evening Bin,

Hope the rest of your run went well we struggled around for a time of 2hrs 23mins....

How did you do??

We could just about walk the last 2 miles let alone run!!

It was nice that you spotted me as I can now put a face to the name. I would have struggled spotting you as I was in a world of my own, hence the shock when you caught up with me!!

More weight loss & more training for next year, will be signing up in the new year (get Xmas out of the way!!)....

Gav

Well done ,you have achieved so much ,especialky in the bad weather.next year the london marathon? lol

Thank You & lol NO!! ;-)

I may target London in 2017 but targeting another GSR next year followed by a few half marathons!!

I will see how I progress over the next year or two....:D

Back