100 Days to go... September 2012

Today, calorie wise been good so far. 1550 calories :) on the other hand I haven't done much activity. Step count so far 6384. Weekly total so far 86674 steps, which means I have 3326 steps left to walk before I can reach my weekly target. Should be able to do it tomorrow as I'm meeting my bride of honor to buy her a pair of shoes. If I get up early I will do something active tomorrow morning too.

Down 2lbs from last week Yay! I did try my best to work out when possible and upped my actvity from 1-2 times a week to 4+ times this week, plus lots of walking. Even when I couldn't grasp the eating side properly, so very pleased :) Will update targets for next week later tonight.

I'm upping mystep count challenge this week to 95,000 - which breaks down to 13,571 steps per day. Also 5 hours of activity this week.
My step count for today so far is 11894, so my weekly total so far is 99,127 - reached my weekly step challenge. I just have to sort out my consumption of calories
:(

This week I also have to fill out those nutrition sheets for the gym. Need to photocopy some as I messed 2 up!

Oh, forgot to add I did x2 of 10minute solution, so my exercise challenge I am short of 35mins.

On Monday, I went swimming completed 45mins = 4hrs 15mins remaining. Step count 13,000.

Today I had my personal training session, I did some boxing and some cardio, but I didn't feel like I worked very hard, probably the easiest session I've had so far, as the time was spent on trying to follow the trainers combinations and messing up. I think next time I will ask him to continue with what we had before, at least I could tally up 450+ cals per session, instead of 350.

Food wise today, not bad considering I haven't woken up in time to prepare lunch about 1800 calories. I made a protein drink as well as a snack before workout, so in a way that was approx 300cals extra. Hardly worth it in a way :(

My neighbour telephoned me to tell me I had a package that arrived last Friday - My Kettleworx!! I have lost valuable days!!! There was no delivery card through my door, lucky it was at a neighbour I actually know.

Step count today so far: 18,021
Exercise today 1hr, 3hrs 15mins remaining

Just short of 12,000 steps today, No exercise session today, couldn't fit it in - I had a 'session' with the gym instructor over my food menu - wasted an hour of my life I will never get back!

Food wise I did approximates for today, I didn't have time to weigh out everything, looks like it's close to 1900, though I thought I was having a good day! and I thought it was going to be in the region of 1600! LOL! :eek:

I think when I start a new week, I'll update on food as well. Nutritionally, I think I'm on the right path- except for the mindless snacking in front of the telly - if I can refrain from doing that I would be well on my way in losing weight and being healthier. Sunday, I will start food diary on sunday.

The gym nutritionalist (if he was one) looked at my weekly meals, says I shouldn't have fruit with my meal (as a dessert) and he said I should stop eating "sweet fruit" I asked him to give me some examples and he said "the pineapple, blueberries, strawberries, watermelon are sweet" I asked him to give me examples of not sweet fruits and he said "apple and pear" .... I still don't get it, apples are sweet :confused: If he had said apples are more fibreious and fill you up more etc I could understand that. Then he spotted in my whole week a few hiccups - my 2 milk chocolate covered brazil nuts and 2 packets of low fat crisps, eaten in the evening (in front of the telly) he said not to have them or if I do opt for plain brazil nuts and crisps to be eaten ealier in the day, I explained I hadn't planned on eating the snacks, so I couldn't have them earlier in the day! :p

This week has gone quickly, leaving me little time to exercise. Just taken some photographs and body measurements as I will be starting my Kettleworx program later today. The rest of my weekend will involve making my invitations, painting the spare room and cleaning- lots of cleaning!

My measurements before Kettleworx
Bust 102cm
Waist 92cm
Hips 102cm
Thighs 59cm
Arms 30cm
Weight 170.4lbs

I've described what I would like to achieve in the 6 week program to:
Reduce my waist measurements by 3 inches (not sure how achievable the results can be - the worksheet used the example to reduce waist by 4 inches)
Less wobble all round
Lose 12lbs in weight

I will continue to use the gym etc, I will look at how I can fit it all in tomorrow when I update my weeky targets

I'm down 2.8lbs from last week! Yay!! I didn't get time to fit in much exercise and I've not met my walking challange either, I still have to walk another 20,000. Maybe this is payback from the previous weeks that I worked hard at and it didn't show on the scales for months and months!!! :)

I tried out the KettleWorx Yesterday and I started Week 1 with Resistance. Felt okay throughout- used a 6kg but when it came to the kettlebell punches I swapped halfway to use a 3kg dumbell. I didn't get as sweaty as I thought I would, but it may have been due to me starting on the 'Resistance' dvd. I thought as I haven't been as active this week as I would have liked so I did the Cardio Week 1 today to make up for it.

This puffed me out a bit and the 2nd Set of Mountain Climbers, I did it halfway through and substituted to Jumping Jacks instead, considering this session was an 'extra' I allowed myself to cheat a bit.

My OH, commented that I should kneel with knees on the floor when doing the Cross over push ups, as I was struggling. I said I would use more muscles if I did it with knees off the floor even if I had trouble going low (Better than him - he just got through the warm up section and gave up - and he's the slim one!! Grrr...)
My meals are all out of sync, I usually have all 3 meals, plus snacks, but due to a cinema visit (The Dark Knight Rises- very good by the way) we didn't get out of cinema until gone 4:30pm so we had a late lunch and didn't have dinner, just more snacks.

Next week targets, on a late shift so should be able to meet the step count, possibly need to reduce exercise hours as Kettleworx takes less time. Will aim for Step Count Challange 95,000 and 4hrs exercise. I will also keep a simple food diary.

So to sum it up for today;
Food Summary

B - Smoked salmon with quark on Rye bread, 1 egg, tea with soya milk
L - Japanese; Assorted Sashimi on rice and 3 pieces eel/avocado sushi, miso soup
D - Protein Drink made with Kara milk- to bulk it up more (as not had a real meal)
S - Bag of Skinny Popcorn, Large handful of Full Fat Popcorn, Diet Pepsi, Nectarine, Ben & Jerry's Low Fat Fudge Brownie with Granola on the top
Approx cals = 1700

Activity Summary
KWorx -2omins. Wk 1 Cardio
Step Count - 8292

Had a bad day yesterday, ate so much rubbish, bread, biscuits, cakes, chocs - see if I have time to calculate all the damage tonight! Managed to haul my lazy bum to swim 45mins in the evening to make up for it.

I did a session of Kettleworx wk.1 Core and also Kettercise 8 minute abs to compensate of my massive 4000+ something calories for the last 2 days :( Too much junk food, due to end of term chocs from parents etc and eating out with colleagues. Also on late shift doesn't help with the eating side, but I'm usually more active on a late shift- so it sort of evens itself out.. still not good, if I ate less I could have more of a deficit... I do know all this, why can't I get it into practice? :sigh:

Must get up early tomorrow to gym or swim.

Food Summary
B - Crumpet with Jam
L - Homemade Chicken Curry with egg noodles, both small servings. Low fat yogurt with mango & Passionfruit & granola
D - Homemade Fried Rice with veg & Pulses, side serving of mackeral
S - Wholewheat Pitta bread with hummous, Protein Shake, Glass Soya Milk

Approx 1900cals
I had better control with the lunch today- still could do better and prepare my own lunch, never know what I'm eating when I eat with the children and it's made full fat (full fat milk for example) really should keep clear of it!
The protein drink is a new thing, only been having it the last couple of weeks, it's an extra 200-250 cals depending on how I prepare it. For the rest of this week, I'll go without it after exercise and have fruit or something and see if it makes a difference to my calorie total, was worried as my muscle percentage went down a couple weeks ago.

Exercise Summary
1 hour Gym (just!) - 10mins Cross Trainer Warm Up, Stretch, Treadmill 3.5km completed in 26:46, Plank, Cool down & Stretch.
Step Count So Far - 17117

Limited time at gym, could only fit in cardio today as I had to run some errands before work. Lucky gym has air con, so hot today!! I even put the fan on when using the treadmill :p

Oh, it's that time again I need to update and work out my targets for next week :sigh:
Last week I did really bad on the calorie side of things, so many cakes baked at work, parents bringing in chocs, half the time I was accepting food to be polite, other times just as a social mindless thing, as a result I put on 2lbs. I will have to learn how to say "No thanks!" and then Move away from the goods!

The weekend has been okay though, 2 days of eating right :) (with the help of my old Slimming World book, It helped me so far with portion control at the weekend) I couldn't do it fully as I would cheat too much ie. using brown rice for HEB and also it would drive me crazy to prepare 2 lots of foods at meal times, one for me and one for him.

Exercise front I completed 3 sessions of Kettleworx, swam once and gym session twice. I didn't reach my step target, missed out by 6000 steps - the weekend, I get lazy. Lucky I got to the gym this morning - felt down in the dumps for whatever reason and I didn't do my best, but my PT said he was working me hard with less rest in between sets as I was getting stronger, so I guess that is a postive thing. My last session today *sigh* will have a look at the prices to see if I can afford anymore, I don't know how much all this exercise has made on my body shape, but I do feel more energetic. I'm also wondering if my scales are telling me fibs that I have only reduced my body fat by about 1% even though I have lost about a stone in weight, it would be great if it were true that I don't have that much body fat, but the fact of the matter is my percentage is high at 33.5%
Just have to perservere!

Targets for next week:
Either Kettleworx/Kettercise x3
and x3 of any combo of these swim/gym/classes
Step Count 90,000 (a little bit lower than last week, so it's not too much of a challange!)
Keep to under 1600 cals each day

60 days to go for me now. I'm the lightest I've ever been, from the neck up and from the hips down I can see a difference, it's a shame my boobs and my tummy are still too big and wobbly, so much muffin top! :(

Rubbish 2 days with calories... still the culprit is eating late in the evening. Less willpower these last 2 days too, think I'm due on soon fancy eating, but I don't know what! I had a Caramel Snack a Jack with a cup of tea about an hour and a half ago, that seemed to have done the trick, bit late as I had tried cake and salt and vinegar snack a jacks already!

No exercise these last few days, I had to go to the bank afterwork and I didn't want to be stuck on the underground with the Olympic rush. Couldn't do my KWorx at home either today as he is watching Olympics on the box :(

I am using another calorie counting tool and it's adding up the total calories much lower, I think it's more accurate as it calculates branded goods, not just generic ones, still high mind you, but managable for me. 1800cals yesterday and 1700cals today- I went overboard on snacks, thinking I would go to the gym. Well, I did go to the gym and even made it into the changing room, only to find I forgot to pack my trackkies- I had to empty the contents of my bag loose into my work locker as my sports bag couldn't fit in, must be still in the back of my locker :mad:

Steps taken yesterday 12032, today so far 14603.
I'll do something tomorrow- at the very least Kettleworx wk.2 needs to be continued.

I had a long session at the gym after work, I would have stayed on the treadmill for longer if had not been ealier closing on a friday. I worked out for 1hr &35mins. On the treadmill I managed to run 3.5km in 26:06 seconds, a PB for me :) Calories burnt in the session 620cals.

Calorie wise I consumed approx 1800, Steps taken 18213

Last 2 days calories not been too shocking, yesteday was good at 1600calories. I must say I am impressed with it all for this past week. I've not done much activity though- will need to do something later this evening, especially just spending my morning and afternoon sitting in front of the PC. I jogged on the spot for about 5minutes when watching the last bit of the women runners reach the finish line in the marathon, that was all I could muster! :p

Last edited:
OooH oooh!!! I am in the 11's bracket now though! 3lb loss for me this week! :party0011:

Just seen a friend on FB and she's getting married on the same day as me and she looks fab! Lost loads of weight, makes me sad though as I haven't come close to her in weight loss, I think she's dropped at least 2-3 sizes since I last saw her in Feb :eek: Lots of people use to comment how she looked like my sister as we were similar in body size and had similar dress sense etc. Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if we weren't so simliar. Don't get me wrong I really wish her every success in her pre-wedding diet, she does look amazing!:)

I have had some comments from people, but not quite dropped a dress size yet, but clothes are definately more drapey. Maybe my heart isn't all into this weight loss marlarky. Wedding or no wedding I wanted to lose weight as my visercal fat is high and I'm not toned at all, so I wanted to change all that mainly with exercising and not really concentrated with the food side - I eat healthy on the whole but it's not what I eat it's more how much I eat that has always been my downfall. With my wedding coming up it gave me that extra motivation to keep at it at the gym and have a look at my calorie consumption more closely, I do really need to be more scrict with what I can and can't eat and how much of it.

I was all happy earlier today being in the 11's... now I feel like sh*t :(

I didn't wake up in time to do any exercises this morning, but managed a walk before work. 45mins, 200cals burnt and it registered on my monitor as 'Vigorious' activity, which I am chuffed at as it will only say 'Vigorious' when I am jogging on the treadmill. So I will see it as I am getting fitter! :) Step count 16650 steps sp far.

I made a yummy salmon stir fry, with ginger and spring onions and a mix of crunchy veg; mangetout, babycorn, etc. I've never stir fried using salmon as it's too crumbly, but the crumbly bits caramalised and had a nice crunchy texture to it, poor pan though! :p Calories were higher today at 1799, the salmon was more calorific than I had thought.

Hubby to be also booked the double decker bus that I wanted to transport the guests from ceremony to reception... I had been asking him every 3-4 days for the last 3 months!! and he would answer "tomorrow" or he had no luck getting through, but finally it is sorted. Just lots and lots of other things to sort out now! but I'm in a better mind set today :)

Back