100% on holiday!!? Could I?

Destination 119!

I was wondering if anyone had managed to stay 100% on plan whilst on holiday?

I've just started but am due to go to Egypt in 5 weeks and can't really come off it as I'm losing weight for a wedding and the timescale is really tight!!

Wondered if anyone had managed to do it? I'm sure it can be done and imagine how amazing it would be after...it's just the two weeks AI that's the problem!

Could try and sell it but surely I could manage two weeks of chilling in the sun and drinking water and shakes...couldn't I?? Xx

Yes you can- go prepared and up your water intake- before i managed 100%over a holiday and over birthday/ xmas/ new year. Its the sun and chilling you are going for- not the food :)

I once went on a 2 week 5* 24 hour AI holiday to Mexico and only put 2lb on. I went to the gym every day and was just careful what I ate and limited myself to only 1 dessert a week. I still had a great time. I admire your dedication but life is for living I say and there is no way I could go and just have shakes. Good luck x

Hmm, see I had 2 weeks off for a cruise, stuffed myself and didn't exercise, put on 7lbs, but lost them again within 4 days of being back. OK that set my losses back a couple of weeks but to me it seems silly to pay out for a holiday and not enjoy everything youre paying for. but in the end it comes down to personal choice really.

Have you considered doing SS+ while you are on holiday? That's the way I approached it and it enabled me to have a meal with my family of an evening. ?

you may want to check customs rules for your destination - you won't be able to take tetra's on board a flight for example, and I think it depends on the country whether they let you bring in food stuff at all (I know certainly Australia you can't take in any food products as far as I am aware). You should be able to check this online.

I will be coming off plan for my holiday, but hoping not to go too nuts. However I will also be swimming every day and walking a lot more, so hoping not to gain too much while I am away!

Thank you for all of your advice and that was a very good point Starlit-Cazza, didn't even think about the customs think! I looked into and Egypt is fine so thank you, that definitely would've resulted in me panicking at the airport!

I am going to give it my best and try to get through 100%, i'm feeling positive that I can and will just try and focus on how amazing i'll feel when I get back. I am also going away on a hen to Barcelona in July and Dominican Republic in September so don't feel too cheated that my only holiday of the year would be spent not eating or drinking which, lets face it, is very enjoyable when your abroad! I'll be finished by then so will be able to enjoy the next two, within reason!

I keep putting things off because of events that are coming up and it's getting me nowhere! If I had the time to go away, suck up the gain and just get back on it then I would but timing is very tight and any breaks now will scupper my chances of that size 10 dress!

Thank you all for replying, it's very motivating when someone replies to a post! :)

I took my Tetras on holiday with me...... they all came home with me too:D.

Ha ha!! That's very funny Chlo :)

At least the intention was there! Xx

hahaha @ chlo brillant.

You seem very dedicated good on you.:) Its all about the will power and im sure u will get through it and be in ur size 10 dresses.

Also very jealous with all your holiday destinations, im hoping when i get to my goal weight 10 stone, im going to book a holiday to Las Vegas, I would prob walk around naked if I got to the body i want and the weight has gone forever lol :D

E x

@Clo: same thing happened to me last week :D I can't believe I wasted precious hand luggage weight with my bars, lol.
@Destination: Just like Emz, I'm quite envious of your holiday destination :D I'm going away to my parents' again in July, I hope to be almost at target by then :)

If you feel you can do it, go for it. But if, once there, you eat and enjoy the food a bit too much, don't beat yourself up. Of course, don't go away thinking you'll eat, but if you ended up eating, don't feel like you've ruined everything. xxx

Back