1000 Calories a day!

hi all,
not sure about the calories today, maybe you could help?
breakfast= toast x2 with jam
lunch= baked potato with cheese and a bottle of diet coke
snack= calippo ice lolly- i was so hot!!!
not too sure what to have for tea?

xx

Hi, Firstly Katrinaw - of course you can join! No one should feel the need to ask if they can join - just join! The bigger our Support-Team the better!
Karina24 - you've done great today, You must be feeling good! I hope day 2 of calorie-counting goes well for you.
Natty - I'm thinking you've consumed somewhere between 700 - 800 calories so far today maybe, What does everyone else think? Maybe you should eat something quite light for Tea just incase you've consumed more than 800 cals!
As for my clothing size Karina - it varies, in some shops i'm a size 4, some a size 6 and in some a size 8.
As for my calorie-counting, today has been a success. I've had less than 1000....5 glasses of water, 1 packet of chewing gum, 1 lollipop, 400g of low fat yoghurt, 2 apples and 1 plum, 1 slice of toast and a tomato, 3 cups of Decaf Tea and 2 coffees with skimmed milk n' sweeteners! No exercise though!
I hope everyone else is doing OK. How's everyone feeling? -Are we all feeling physically n' mentally positive? I hope no one is really struggling. Please share if you're finding calorie-counting hard going, We're here to help eachother out - to support n' encourage one another. Keep up the good work n' good luck for tomorrow!

Hi I am doing ok, though I had 3 teas today it is a slippery slope. lpd I didnt realise you were so slim. You do not need to lose any more weight, i cant support you in doing that.

Perhaps you could try yoga or pilates to tighten up your body a bit instead and up your calories a tad in order to maintain your current weight?

I am feeling really positive, when I was on slimfast I often felt hungry but now on the calorie controlled I can still eat quite a lot...fruit and veg to fill me and still be under my 1200 cals for the day. I lurve raspberries which is great as I think it is like 1 cal per raspberry so I can have a bowl full for only about 30cals :) I also treat myself to one kitkat a day, I NEED my chocolate haha. Using my Wii Fit is great too, I aim to do 30mins a day but end up doing more like 45mins to an hour and it is making a big difference, my BMI has gone down from 24.52 to 24.02 in a week!
littlepink donkey - I can only wish I was your size! Well done for getting there, are you still trying to lose weight or maintain it? My only worry is that if and when I hit my target I will end up reverting back to like 3000cals a day and pile it back on again!

OOh I didnt realises raspberries were that low in calories. I shall be putting some on my shoppoing list. I worry about piling the weight back on too katrinaW because I eat emotionally. But I am making changes so that this time hopefully I will lose it and keep it off.

I have found exercise is good for keeping your weight steady so you are on the right track with your wii.

Hi I am doing ok, though I had 3 teas today it is a slippery slope. lpd I didnt realise you were so slim. You do not need to lose any more weight, i cant support you in doing that.

I tend to agree, I've been giving this a lot of thought since the other night and avoiding this thread as a result.

I think it's irresponsible to try to lower your BMI into a region most health professionals would agree could have long term ramifications on your health, fertility and well being.

Further if I had known at the start (by means of a ticker, which I think is a great idea to show others they're on a path that you've just joined them on, or that the path can be trodden and success lies at the end) I'd not have shown support.

I think it might be an idea to see your GP and talk your weight issues over with them. After 20 odd years of Mental Health Nursing I'm not making this recommendation lightly.

I will continue to post here as there are several ladies who're in it for real with a reason and are doing to responsibly.

Bunny x

I am 9 stone atm, I have always been about 8 to 8 1/2. I was 11 stone. Had my third baby nearly 2 years ago and only just started to get my weight down. Never had to watch what I ate before as had no problems with my weight. After my 2 boys the weight dropped off me. When I had my daughter tho, It didnt want to budge. I felt terrible, my confidence just disappeared. I am 30 now so not sure if your age has anything to do with it. I stopped smoking last September and then looked into eating healthy and exercising. But didnt quite do it till jan this year after christmas always had some excuse. I am 5ft 2. I have a fat bum, hips and stomach.. thats the problem I would be happy with myself if it wasnt for that :-( but doing well on my calorie counting.. Having just over a thousand a day.

OK - I shouldn't be here!
I shouldn't have started this thread,
I won't send anymore messages.
I wish everyone here Good Luck with their weightloss xxx

hi im newish here so sorry for butting in but i looked at this thread as i am on 1200 calories a day so thought id say hi, in quick reply to LPD dont be offended hun but your have a low BMI and actually underweight if its BMI of 17 why would you want to lose anymore?! not meant to be offensive at all its your life and your decision but you need to be careful you dont make yourself ill being a size 4/6/8 is as small as it gets so thats why people have made these comments, i know u probably think who the hell are u LOL but its just people being concerned for you thats all im sure.

to everyone else my work do great low calorie meals at lunch and often post meal ideas with the recipe and how many calories il have to post a few as new ideas always help! x

Back