100lbs Gone - Sort of

Hi

I have just had a weigh as I do every morning, yes I know you are not supposed to do this but I am keeping a monthly graph as a motivation thing. Over the last 14 days, since I have restarted the weight loss in earnest, I have now lost a total of 1 stone, 1lb a day.

In addition to losing this stone I have now lost, in total, 100lbs, 7.5 stone since I decided to lose the weight over three years ago. I am still not down to my lowest weight of 139kgs but I only have another 20kgs to go. I did lose over 10st but have put 4.5st back on over the last couple of years.

What does everyone think, a target of 139kgs before Christmas 2009? Lose 20kgs in 3 months? Is it possible to do this in a healthy way?

Hmmmm. It depends on what you mean by "in a healthy way".

20kgs is just over 3 stone so you could possibly do it with a VLCD..

Normally the rule of thumb for SW/WW is 2-3 lbs a week x 12 OR 8-12lbs per month x 3 =24-36lbs or 10-16kgs so not with SW/WW

Although 139kgs is what you would like to be by christmas, it's just a number. You have done such an amazing job coming as far as you have that you shouldn't pin all your self worth on a number that may not be achievable by then.
Give yourself lots of room to wiggle and build in lots of contigency time (I watch property ladder!) and say Easter. Then you smash the barrier with months to spare.

You are doing brilliantly.
Keep it up! :party0049:

Juno ..

HI

I have had a rethink. Instead of the whole graph I have produced a monthly graph with a weight loss of up to 9kgs a month. This could give me a maximum weight loss of 27kgs which I think may be more realistic and within reach as I think its no good setting myself up for a let down.

In the real world I would be more than happy with a 10lbs weight loss a month.

Rome was not built in a day, and the weight has taken 40 years to put on so if it takes 4 years to remove... c'est la vie.

When I contemplate just how much fat has gone I am taken aback, two large farmer sized sacks of potatoes!

Yes, I am feeling a little more positive than I did a few days ago.

Last edited:
Dontcallmetracy, congratulations on your weight loss so far. It's fantastic! I think you're doing the right thing by aiming to lose the weight slow and steady. That way you're much more likely to keep it off. That's what I keep telling myself too! I've yo-you dieted too many times to count and lost and regained many stones...well no more, this time it's coming off for good. Yours will too if you just keep plodding along the way you are. Good luck!

hey, wow, well done on losing the weight so far, thats amazing. It may just be me being a little ditzy, and missing a point, but as i read it - if 20kg wasnt considered possible in 3 months how is 27kg a more realistic target? xxx

Well spotted, Rainbow..

9kgs per month is a stone and a half..which would be going some, even on a VLCD.

Don't set yourself up for a fall Sweetie.

Juno ..

Yes, you are both correct. It is just that 9kgs over 31 days fits on the A4 page nicely. It also gives me room to maneuver should I lose a huge amount of weight on any day, you never know I MIGHT get my leg chopped off. How I would stand on the scale would be different matter.

Like I said, the realistic maximum would be around the 10lbs mark.

Im with Juno - dont set yourself up for failing, you're likely to feel better smashing a low target rather than falling short of a big target. I personally wouldnt care what fits on an a4 sheet better, but everyones different, good luck with your losses xx

Back