100lbs to go.....

SarahMP

What happened to me? Somewhere in between having my daughter and now I have gained 100lbs. I'm embarrassed to admit that only 10 of them were down to pregnancy. I've had a very happy but also demanding few years. Being a new parent and also a carer to my in laws had taken its toll and now that I'm out at the other end happy, I can finally admit that I was depressed and comfort eating.

I just want to sort my life out and be happy.

I've been looking at quick fixes. Exante, slim'n'save, etc and they appeal to me so much. I want fast results. But I they don't suit my lifestyle. I want to start exercising again and I don't feel these vlcd allow for anything strenuous.

So I am here at slimming world. I plan to lose 14lbs in the first month. Then half a stone a month after. I have 100lbs to go so.....it's going to take about a year to get to my goal weight. Another reason I'm following SW is that it's a healthy diet to follow while pregnant and me and the husband plan on trying for baby no2 later this year.

Wish me Luck!!! I start tomorrow!

Thanks. The thought of having so much to lose it very daunting. I'm just hoping I see small changes to keep me going.

Tell me about it, I've set target weight at the very upper limit of my healthy BMI but could easily have 100lbs to lose also. We'll do it 7 pounds at a time, yes? One shiny sticker by one shiny sticker...

Yey I also could do with loosing 100lbs. I'm 18stone or so but aiming for just 6stone. I fear anymore than that I'll end up with saggy skin. I'm biting the bullet and joining my local slimming world class on Monday

Good luck for today. Therea a few of us here starting at the same time around the same weight and the same amount to loose so we'll all do fab as we're all here to support each other. You should join the may challenge with us as well x

I'll definitely join, later today when my daughter isn't climbing all over me. I'll find both your food Diarys too.

Breakfast - Done

Banana
Apple
1 X Toast (Hexb) with light Marg (2syns)
Coffee made with almond milk (Hexa)

Wow so I didn't update yesterday which was bad start. I was actually feeling very sick, almost like a morning sickness feeling. Very odd for me.

Lunch - Chicken & Courgette Noodle Salad with lots of salad. Dressing (3syns)

Dinner - Chicken sausages (5syns) chopped on top of tomato and basil pasta. With brocolli, butternut squash and mushroom

Snack - banana, yogurt, Apple, new potatoes, almond milk (Hexa) in coffees.

Syns used - 10

We can we can!!

Right the shopping arrived and I feel way more prepared for tomorrow as I have lots of choices. Going to make overnight oats for breakfast if I remember how. I think it's fat free yogurt or muller light, fruit, 30g?? porridge.

Day 2

Breakfast
Toast (Hexb) + Blueberries and Apple
Coffee & Almond Milk (Hexa)

Lunch
Courgette noodles, chicken, carrot and green beans. Cream Cheese 3 syns.

Dinner
Chicken Curry 5 syns with Wholegrain pilau rice and loads of veg in the curry.

Snacks - Muller light, banana, grapes and way too much coffee with almond milk

Overnight oats ready.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
OH MY GOD
Your fridge is full of all my favourite thing! Aero, butternut squash, broccoli and best of all, creme caramel. And your oats look amazing. When i tried them I just stirred some into a pot of Muller light and put the lid back on, small wonder I was underwhelmed...

I have come here to feed off the positive newbie energy. You guys and I Have similar stats so I shall follow you with interest.

I second that the oats look lovely. I've never really got my head around overnight oats. Do you eat them cold? What's the deal? I looked at making porridge this morning and the amount of oats I got for my 35g was pitiful so I didn't bother. Is this worth a try???

I've done some research and am going to try making some tonight for tomorrow. I'll see how I get on! Thanks for the idea. Mine will be banoffee overnight oats. Nom nom nom. (Well hopefully nom. Hopefully not bleurgh)

I am planning on eating them cold. Warm yogurt eughh. I'll give you all the verdict tomorrow.

Yes my fridge - Aero and Creme Caramal, my husband eats constantly. Probably 2 or 3 a day. He's 6ft4 and can eat loads and stay lean. Peppa pig yogurts are the only dairy I can get into my non milk drinking toddler. I usually buy frozen broccoli but it's so cheap in Asda that I started getting it fresh. Loads nicer.

So I also bought quark...why? I don't know. I don't have a clue what to do with it. I'll experiment. It tastes odd.

Overnight oats tastes good! Better than porridge. I just realised I should have weighed the oats as, I used one of the Quaker Oats original sachets.

I made a beautiful coffee wth my moka pot. It's made me feel really Sick. Coffee isn't making me feel very good this week, the smell is really getting to me. So water instead, better for me anyway.

Back