100lbs to go.....

Something is 100% wrong with me. I went to the GP a while back as I'd been having stomach aches and sickness, cramps and tiredness. He could see from my record that I hadn't seen a GP for over 15years, only the nurse while I was pregnant. So he did blood pressure and pulse which both perfect. Then a full blood works. We have thyroid/diabetes in my family. So he tested both of them, cholesterol, iron, there was a huge list they just checked everything. I get a call back with results saying everything was perfect and there was nothing wrong with me. That's when he mentioned possibly ibs, and certain foods made me feel that way.

So now my period is 9 days late and it's usually on time. I've also just got a vertigo feeling getting in the shower.
I know being overweight plays a part in your health and I'm working on that. But I just sit feel right. I'm so exhausted. I woke at 3am with cramps, they didn't feel like period pains, more like food poisoning pain. It took an hour to get bk to sleep.

This morning i had French toast and raspberries, a banana, a coffee, a tangerine, yogurt, picked at some chicken. So I'm eating enough.

Anyway rant over, if I feel like this in a week I'll see GP again. Even though there is nothing wrong with me. I will feel stupid. I can cope with it all but the vertigo is a struggle with a small child.

I'm out my house tomorrow so weighed this morning.
-3lbs whoop!!

I don't know what is wrong with me this morning. I feel anxious. I can't eat. Feel sick and have butterflies and want to cry. Already been to the toilet twice, sorry if tmi. Hopefully I'll be fine soon as I made overnight oats for breakfast.

Just dropping by to say well done on your journey so far! You've done amazingly well.

I suffer with IBS too and the cramps could well be that. Mine flares up occasionally with dairy but mostly stress. If you are worried about your cycle it could the anxiety/stress of that?
I'd go back to your GP, I am on mebeverine now to ease the cramps. I only take it when I need it and it works a treat.

Hope you feel better soon!

@officiallygem do you find your ibs flares up when your anxious/nervous? I had the dentist yesterday as my tooth cracked at the back and I don't know why I was so scared but it really flared up. The dr wasn't 100% on it being ibs so who knows. I'll find your diary next :)

So today is cycle day 42 and I bought a pregnancy test to just double check, expecting a neg. I know already I'm not but its just very odd that I'm never usually late. I know it could be worry but I was already late before I worried. Then the test was faulty. There was a positive on the test line but no control line. So it's faulty and should be ignored. Anyway I've woken up with no bloating, feeling quite alert and good.

Breakfast
35g cereal with almond milk (hex a & b)
Raspberries
Water (instead of coffee)

I was diagnosed with ibs last year after having mri,scans and x-rays due to spending too much time on the toilet.
I use to walk anything up to 8 miles a day but had to stop as I would get what was like reflux then I would feel sick,feel light headed then my stomach would churn then I had to go toilet.
It went on for 10 months then I had another scan which showed I had gallstones. Had my gallbladder out Dec 15 and felt so much better but wasn't right. So I found the FODMAP plan and went on it for about 6 weeks. My ibs has almost gone and that has helped my anxiety which the Dr said was causing the ibs symptoms. I still have to stay away from some foods but I can go out now without getting the I need the toilet feeling.

Anxiety can bring on ibs which then causes you more anxiety.

Go back to your Dr and ask to be refereed to someone who deals in FODMAP .

I was diagnosed with ibs last year after having mri,scans and x-rays due to spending too much time on the toilet.
I use to walk anything up to 8 miles a day but had to stop as I would get what was like reflux then I would feel sick,feel light headed then my stomach would churn then I had to go toilet.
It went on for 10 months then I had another scan which showed I had gallstones. Had my gallbladder out Dec 15 and felt so much better but wasn't right. So I found the FODMAP plan and went on it for about 6 weeks. My ibs has almost gone and that has helped my anxiety which the Dr said was causing the ibs symptoms. I still have to stay away from some foods but I can go out now without getting the I need the toilet feeling.

Anxiety can bring on ibs which then causes you more anxiety.

Go back to your Dr and ask to be refereed to someone who deals in FODMAP .

This is really interesting. I've always had tummy problems and onions have to be completely avoided (garlic, too to a lesser extent) and suspected I might have IBS, but never been through diagnosis. I had my gallbladder removed last year and thought that had solved my problems, but it didn't permanently. I now don't have too many issues when I'm eating right, but eating out still sends me straight to the toilet. It does cause anxiety because I'm constantly worrying about eating something and always making a note of nearest toilets just in case. I'm certain about onions and garlic but I'm not sure about anything else. I lived in Asia for a couple of years and had to go gluten-free there but managed to work that back in when I got home. I've also had periods of cutting dairy, but at the moment I only cut out onions and garlic. I might give this FODMAP thing a go, so thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Yes, its a pain but stress and anxiety always flares mine up! We bought our first house last year and I spent about 6 months in agony.
My GP told me he could only medicate one symptom (not sure why) so I chose the cramps as they were far more painful than the *ahem* activity!

Hope you're having a good day.

I'm good! All very interesting regarding ibs. I never knew it was as common as it is.

It's been an exhausting day, I'm at 17k steps and it's only 2.30

If your on Facebook there are two groups I joined and got lots of info from them
Fodmap UK
and ibs and The Low Fodmap Diet.

Look at Suzannes blog and watch her short videos. http://www.strandsofmylife.com/
It's not until you join these groups you realise how many people suffer.

I also got the Monash University app which is from the leading experts from Australia. it costs £6 but it shows all the foods you can eat and portion sizes.

I haven't been out for a meal for a long long time as I'm afraid what may happen but I have to do it soon.I also use to search out toilets before I went out.
I got a disability key for £5 just incase normal toilets are closed. And yes incase anyone thinks ibs is not a disability it is.

I'm having a sad day, maybe my late cycle is on the way, who knows. I'm just hung up on my weight. I don't know how I let myself get this way. I feel disgusting.

Hugs hun.

Sorry about the IBS my friend has it and it can be really painful.

xxxx

I'm having a sad day, maybe my late cycle is on the way, who knows. I'm just hung up on my weight. I don't know how I let myself get this way. I feel disgusting.

Whats done is done. Lets look forward and have a fresh start.
You can change things. It's only the 2nd of June so how much would you like to lose in June?

Hope you have cheered up,:)

I had a week of that last week, felt bloated and disgusting but I still managed to lose 3.5lbs so don't feel down, you are working on it and that's all that matters! :)

Whats done is done. Lets look forward and have a fresh start.
You can change things. It's only the 2nd of June so how much would you like to lose in June?

Hope you have cheered up,:)
Thanks I do feel a bit better today. I woke up this morning and was really sick. But now I'm bright alert and ready to get on with this.

I lost so much in May. My target it 7lbs a month now. Start 2017 50lbs lighter. Id be 166lbs with a bmi of 24.4. That would be wonderful. So 7lbs a month seems achievable.

So bad mummy moment today. I just felt like a needed I do a workout to set my day on the right track. I can not workout with my toddler around, she crawls on my stomach, steals my weights, switches the DVD player off etc
I don't really believe in technology for under 2s but I gave her the tablet and let her watch YouTube episodes of pepper pig. She sat there the whole time in laughing. Then I took it off her once I was done.

I did 45mins Jillian Micheals 'Extreme Shed and Shred'
I feel good.

Breakfast
35g branflakes
Almond milk
Raspberries
A&b

Nothing wrong in letting your little one watch something while your getting your workout done.It's not like she will be on it all day. My Grand D is 26 months old and she loves watching things on one. I think it's an educational tool. No different to them watching it on tv.

Good start to the day. :)

I need to get back into exercising. I haven't really done any since Oct 2014.:rolleyes:

I'm with you there! I have Charlotte Crosby's belly workout and its so tough! I have to revert back to my old faithful Angela Griffin dance workout. I think I know the dances off by heart now and its fairly easy going.
It's not much but I figure it's better than sitting on the sofa.

Back