10K Run TONIGHT!!

Alyssa

I will be completing a 10K run tonight for the British Heart Foundation!

The main reason that I am doing this is because one of my best friends recently lost her father very suddenly from a heart attack, this was a very sad shock to us all. I will be running in his memory and will be wearing his name on a heart on my back.

Another reason for me to run is that on the flipside of this very sad situation, another of my close friends is very fortunate to be currently making a good recovery from a heart operation which saved his life.

The British Heart Foundation do excellent work researching heart conditions and and through this research they have saved many lives. This is not the only work they do though, The British Heart Foundation also spend a lot of time advertising the benefits of exercise and the impact that being fit can have on your heart health. I have lost just over 7 stone in weight through dieting and getting fit, this has gone a long way to helping to improve my heart health but I still have a long way to go to be at a healthy weight!

I weigh 20 stone at the moment and I am very proud to be able to do this and think that this is a huge step to prove that you don't have to be skinny to be fit as well as proving the benefits of exercising whilst dieting.

Absolutely no pressure but if you would like to sponsor me I would very much appreciate it and you can do so at British Heart Foundation - Alyssa Ramsey's Fundraising Page

xx

Good luck Alyssa... I started doing Race for Life 5 yrs ago & love being part of something so worthwhile! xx

Done! Go for it love

Thank you so much Jim, much appreciated!!

I've donated too Lyss. Good on you, I know how hard it is to get sponsor money - been there done that! I raised 3,800 last March by cycling Cuba for charity xx

Thank you so much Caz!
Cycling Cuba?!?! Wow!! That's amazing!

No worries love, I am pleased to donate.

You're welcome hun - it's for a good cause x

Thank you Wairimu!
This is just a BHF run, I have no idea about finding runs where you can do it for your own charity - sorry!

I think i might be a little late, but GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!! xx

Thank you so much to everyone who sponsored me and for all the words of encouragement!

I am still alive!

I have a VERY painful foot but I am very proud to say that I did it!

xxx

Well done love, that's a fantastic achievement.

Well done Lyss - that's brilliant! I know I couldn't do it at the moment. Proud of ya hun xx :D

Amazing . well done you - bet you are achy today? xxx

Ache is an understatement!!

I'm in AGONY!!

I'll be up at 5:30am tomorrow morning to do a 2.5K swim for our local hospice!

I am like the charity exercise machine at the moment! haha!

Have a lovely weekend guys!!

A xx

A pleasure to have been involved, hun! Very well done, proud of you x

Back