10lbs loss in my 1st week

Hi - this is my first post so it will be VERY simple!! I began Slimming World with my sister in April and whereas she's got a lot to lose, I only have to lose 21lb. She's already lost 19lb and I've lost 7lb. My hubby says I'm pedantic in weighing things, referring to the Food Optimising book every verse end, even asking friends to make SW meals when I'm invited for a meal. My consultant is just as flummoxed as I am as to why the weight won't budge. I've even resorted to doing the Horizon programme Eat, Fast and lose weight regime this week because I'm getting so frustrated. Seven pounds in 14 weeks is abysmal!! My paid up subs come to an end in a couple of weeks and to be honest, I think I'm going to kick it into touch as regards classes and just go it alone. I'm going to send the 14-week food diary (YES, I've written everything down for 14 weeks) to head office and see if they can tell me where I'm going wrong. Wish me luck please peeps.

Hi - this is my first post so it will be VERY simple!! I began Slimming World with my sister in April and whereas she's got a lot to lose, I only have to lose 21lb. She's already lost 19lb and I've lost 7lb. My hubby says I'm pedantic in weighing things, referring to the Food Optimising book every verse end, even asking friends to make SW meals when I'm invited for a meal. My consultant is just as flummoxed as I am as to why the weight won't budge. I've even resorted to doing the Horizon programme Eat, Fast and lose weight regime this week because I'm getting so frustrated. Seven pounds in 14 weeks is abysmal!! My paid up subs come to an end in a couple of weeks and to be honest, I think I'm going to kick it into touch as regards classes and just go it alone. I'm going to send the 14-week food diary (YES, I've written everything down for 14 weeks) to head office and see if they can tell me where I'm going wrong. Wish me luck please peeps.
Try weight watchers and look at my diary. 7lb over 14 weeks is still a loss and a good one. You don't want to end up looking like a Shar Pei which can happen when you lose weight too quickly. Good luck, but don't give in.

Hi - thanks for the info and encouragement. I understand what you mean by not wanting to look all wrinkled due to a speedy weight loss and as I'm almost 65 my skin's elasticity is becoming non-existant!! I've said many a time though - I'd rather be wrinkled and slim than smooth skinned and chubby!! It's just getting there that's the pain!!

Hi - thanks for the info and encouragement. I understand what you mean by not wanting to look all wrinkled due to a speedy weight loss and as I'm almost 65 my skin's elasticity is becoming non-existant!! I've said many a time though - I'd rather be wrinkled and slim than smooth skinned and chubby!! It's just getting there that's the pain!!
You also need to take into account then that as we get older our bodies find a level they're happy with and weight becomes harder to shift, but you have still done very well.

Hi Reetrob, you sound like you're doing well so far!
Make sure you are drinking your 2litres of water a day + 1litre for every hour of exercise you do it really speeds up any diet and flushes out your system especially when you go a while without a loss :)

Congrats >.<

well done thats amazing

wow well done, i didnt know that was possible lol, the most i lost years ago was 7lbs. how did you do it?? :eek: :)

Also curious what you have done, and don't understand what 'v l c d' is?

Amazing congratulations, keep up the good work :) xx

Wow, what kick start ! hope you are still at it.

Well done xx

Wow thats a fantastic weight loss!
x

Back