11 stone something to 10 stone something~

All welcome! 2lbs is great!!! Slow and steady wins the race remember and the slower it comes off the longer it stays off! Can't wait to see the 10s again!!

starting weight 12 st, current weight 11.9, goal weight 10 st - lost 5 lbs

Looks like we are growing in numbers! Well done everyone!!!

I've been having a bit of a badish few days, TTOTM. I've been under calories (to stay the same) just not by as much as i'd like... and not by eating plenty of fruit and veg either...

I've had a bad weekend. Was way over calories on sat and slightly over on Sunday. Back on it now though and determined to stick to it this week. I don't weigh in til Thursday or Friday depending on when I can get to town so have a few days to claw it back. My size 12 dress came today. I need to lose a stone by August get into it so I have to do this :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm had a really bad weekend! No exercise and way over fri sat and sun (oh and today)! Feeling a gain this week so annoyed with myself I seem to be taking one step forwards and two steps back! :(

starting weight 12 st, current weight 11.9, goal weight 10 st - lost 5 lbs

Is it too late for me to join? Currently 11st12. Just got back from holiday snd gained 4lb. Seems like Ill never be out of the 11's!

I doing ok I think. I only weigh in fortnightly so wont be weighing in until a week on Thursday. Hope everyone has good losses this week. x

Anyone can join in... i'll be here for a long time... lol.

My weight stayed the same. It could be because TTOTM just ended. I seem to have an ok week followed by a bad week :( still 11 stone 8, still 9lbs to go! To be fair I did over-dose of carbs this week...

I had a massive headache for the past 2 days. Almost didn't go to the gym yesterday because of it. Thought maybe it was because of TTOTM. It was still here this morning until I ate a high protien breakfast and suddenly I was awake, no headache and not knackered. How odd!

Well done everyone doing well and we can do it to those who aren't doing so well! Let's just keep postive!

Congratulations on your losses! Everyone is doing so well! I wouldn't worry too much about staying the same especially with TOTM.
I got a bit fed up with my 1.9lb loss last week. My mum is on a VLCD and lost 7lbs in a week. It made me so jealous! I feel like I'm trying so hard with gym and sticking to my limits and I only loose 1.9. There's no way I could afford those diets and I'm proud of my mum, but it is still frustrating.
I think if I ever saw a loss of 7lbs I'd cry!

I know how you feel Ad :( you work so hard all week and see little to no results for all the hardwork :/ i've done VLCD's and they always make me ill, but the weight does fall off and in my case come right back on. I gain weight so easily, I just have to be a little bad and i've gained.

Hopefully next week will be better! 1.2 lbs away from another goal and 2.3 lbs away from the 150's!

ab-uk said:
Congratulations on your losses! Everyone is doing so well! I wouldn't worry too much about staying the same especially with TOTM.
I got a bit fed up with my 1.9lb loss last week. My mum is on a VLCD and lost 7lbs in a week. It made me so jealous! I feel like I'm trying so hard with gym and sticking to my limits and I only loose 1.9. There's no way I could afford those diets and I'm proud of my mum, but it is still frustrating.
I think if I ever saw a loss of 7lbs I'd cry!

But just think, your 1.9lb loss is all pure fat. Fat that is gone and you never have to have again! Whereas VLCD's do produce some fat loss, but it's mostly water weight and muscle mass too.

I've done loads of VLCD's in the past, from juice diets to Cambridge to eating between 600-800 calories a day. And the weight fell off very quickly, and I was skinny but 'fat' skinny. I wasn't toned or defined, I was a skinny thin girl with flabby bits everywhere. And since then I've gained all the weight back and more cause in the long run its not a sustainable or healthy lifestyle for anyone..

I'm now calorie counting, eating a healthy diet and a healthy amount of calories along with exercise. I know the weight will fall off slower, and sometimes I feel fed up and get impatient and feel like resorting back to a VLCD. But it's worth being healthier and losing weight slower and knowing you're losing actual fat and not just water or things you need like muscle!

Slow and steady wins the race :) and after a few years I finally believe this! Good luck x

- start weight 12.4 - goal weight 10.0

Laurenmay, I'd never thought of it as loosing fat versus water weight and muscle mass. You and Kaiku both say it isn't sustainable and I've often heard that.
I kind of feel like it's not noticeable but if I lost another 2lbs at my next weigh in I'll have lost half a stone. Actually quite a bit when added together!
In just over three weeks I go on holiday and I'm already thinking of how I can avoid going off the bandwagon! Anyone have any tips?

Losing fat is much better than losing anything else! and I know it's crappy when it takes longer for the weight to come off, but think at the end of it when you're at goal how great you'll feel and it'll all be FAT that's gone and none of the good stuff like muscle mass! Plus building muscle speeds up metabolism, so healthy eating and calorie counting with exercise is the healthiest way of losing weight and keeping it off in the long term..

The only advice I can give regarding going on holidays, is enjoy yourself! Try not to obsess or worry too much about dieting and calories or you'll spoil your holiday. So long as you make the healthiest options possible when you're out there then I think you'll be okay :) plus if it's a hot country you're going too then you may be too warm to eat and if you have things like ice lollies to cool down then there's hardly any calories in those! Try and keep a limit on the alcohol intake, and opt for salads instead of burgers etc and you should be fine x

- start weight 12.4 - goal weight 10.0

You should have a nice time on your holiday! It's a holiday after all, there's plenty of time to lose weight you are back :)

I weighed in again this morning (I won't be weighing in again till next Friday now) my scales say i'm down 1.4 lbs... which puts me under my next goal! YAY! I'm not sure I believe it just yet as my scales are being funny, so i'm going to check again on Monday before updating all my goal lists!

So I checked and aparently i'm down ANOTHER 2lbs aswell as the other 1.4. That puts me at 158.8 lbs which is only 5lbs to go until i'm 10 stone something! Still I don't believe it real... I will check again on Wednesday!

So I checked and aparently i'm down ANOTHER 2lbs aswell as the other 1.4. That puts me at 158.8 lbs which is only 5lbs to go until i'm 10 stone something! Still I don't believe it real... I will check again on Wednesday!

Well done, keep up the good work!

Back