12 lbs down - 12lbs left to go - When weight loss slows...Mostly EE & Green

Hello Slimming World fans,

I’ve decided to try and keep a food diary online rather than in my note pad as I’ve enjoyed reading other peoples and I’d like to see if anyone can spot what I could do differently.

I started Slimming world online on 28th August 2011 and lost 13lbs before Christmas 2011 doing extra easy. I've been adhering to some slimming world principles since then but not kept a diary or been particularly concerned with adding up syns thus I've maintained but lost nothing.

I’d still like to lose another 12 lbs to take me to 10 stone. My first goal is to lose 5lbs in 7 weeks to be bridesmaid at a wedding (dress fits but I'd like it to feel less 'snug')

I'm going to mix EE up with green days and maybe try red. However, I'm not a massive meat eater so I’m not sure.

I'll be doing it from home and my husband is also getting back on it (he lost 2 stone before Christmas and has also maintained). I work full time, 5 days a week so I often have to plan in advance and don’t have much time to cook/prepare meals during the week but I like to do soups and other large batch cooking at the weekend.

Happy to receive any comments about my meal planning. An issue I have I think is missing 1/3 superfree with certain meals. I find incorporating pulses and peas into dishes easier than super free and when I do it tends to be the same holy trinity of mushrooms, onion and pepper. I also eat out a lot and like to drink on a weekend which can cause problems with big losses.

If anyone reads this and spots anything I could do differently please let me know!

Sarah

Monday 2nd Jul (WI - 10.12)
GREEN
B - WW Yog and Banana
L - Weatherspoons 5 bean chilli with the tortillas (4.5 syns)
D - Frittatta - 4 eggs, yellow pepper, plum tomatos, onion, 28g cheese (HEXA) - ate half with 2 x hovis wholemeal 400g (HEXB) and kept other half for tomorrow
Snacks - Freddo (5), Onion ring off other halfs plate. Doh! (3.5), Apple, skimmed milk for tea (HEXA)
Syns - 13

Hi Sarah!!

I could have wrote that myself! I too am aiming for my last 12-14lbs to lose, but unlike you maintaining.... I've gained about 7lbs. Excellent job hun :)

Me and my OH always eat out and love a drink at the weekend and so it is harder for me to lose.

Good luck in you last 12lbs :) xx

Hi Nikki<3!

Thanks for your good luck wishes. I am sure we can crack these final 12lbs-14lbs! If someone could invent syn free alcohol I think I would be 3 stone lighter ;-)

x

slimmingworldsarah said:
Hi Nikki<3!

Thanks for your good luck wishes. I am sure we can crack these final 12lbs-14lbs! If someone could invent syn free alcohol I think I would be 3 stone lighter ;-)

x

Hahaha me too!! Oh and syn free sensation crisps mmmmm..... Wine and crisps!!

Okay so here we go, starting with yesterday. Was on hol from work
GREEN - Mon 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] July
B – Banana and WW Yog
L – Weatherspoons 5 bean chilli with rice and tortillas (4.5)
D – Frittata (eggs, onion, peppers, tomato, cheese 1/2 HEXA). Had half with 2 Hovis 400g Bread (HEXB)
Snacks – Freddo (5), Onion ring from hubby’s plate. Doh! (3.5), Apple, skimmed milk for tea (HEXA)
Body Magic – Walk dog for 40 mins in park
Syns = 13.5 (better tomorrow I think!)

GREEN – Tues 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] July as planned
B – WW Yog and Banana
L – rest of Frittata (1/2 HEXA) and WW Yog (you think I like WW yogs!?)
D – Chicken breast (HEXB) with reduced fat pesto (1.5), 1 tbsp pine nuts (HEXB) new pots, and Spinach
Snacks – Grapes, 3 apples, Milky Way (5), HEXA skimmed milk for tea
Body Magic – Walk dog for 40 mins in park, and walk from station home (15 mins)
Syns = 5

So I stuck to what I’d planned for yesterday except the addition of a mini milk (1.5) syns so 6.5 syns for yesterday so what I have planned for today…
GREEN – Wed 4[SUP]th[/SUP] July
B – Toast (HEXB) with reduced fat jam (1.5) and banana
L – Homemade Carrot and Lentil Soup (lentils, carrots, onions, leeks), ww yog
D – jacket potato, beans and grilled portobello mushrooms with garlic and cheese (HEXA)
Snacks – Apples, grapes, 2 x Jaffa cakes (5), HEXA Skimmed Milk for tea
Body Magic – 40 minute dog walk
Syns – 6.5

Back