12 stone before I hit 40

BigBurd

Hi all. I have been visiting these forums for some months but only signed up today.
The thread title doesnt mean i want to be 12 stone... I needed to lose 12 stone so i am no longer in the obese category on those lovely charts in the doctors office. I am already 1/4 way through a mammoth weight loss I started Late November and have lost 44lb to date. I have had dietry advice from an NHS dietician for PCOS ( not sure why I didnt listen to that 10 years ago) so am following a low GI diet and I have been seeing a personal trainer once a week since January because this time last year I could hardly walk.
I quit smoking 4 years ago and exactly 4 yrs to the day I fell ill with pneumonia and my breathing was made difficult because of the weight on my chest. I had a vision of myself trapped in my own home and the ambulance crew having to get a crane to lift me out.
I thought I knew it all after years of dieting with various clubs i now see that what is right for one person may not necessarily work for another and had to find something to fit in with my lifestyle.
I did a fasting liquid diet for 2 weeks at the end of November (after getting the ok from my doctor) and then on to 1200 calories,I dieted through Christmas and now my movement and exercise has increased I eat 1450 calories each day. In addition to a personal trainer I exercise for an hour every day and it's hard! not only hard to keep going through the pain, but I seem to get a weight loss plateau every 3 weeks despite how much I do and how much weight I have to lose. It's hard to keep persevering through all the stress and temptations that surround me on a daily basis & changing my lifestyle from couch potato to jogger.

The bottom line is... I finally get it....thin me here I come :)

weight.png

Hi there and welcome :)

Well done on your weight loss so far, that's great! And well done on dieting through Christmas, that's a massive achievement!

You seem to be really focused and 'in the zone' so keep up the good work.

You'll get lots of support and advice on here, everyone is very friendly :)

Well done on your fantastic weightloss. You sound very focused and that is as important as what you put in your mouth. Good luck and keep up the hard work. Look forward to seeing you around the boards!

I just read this and I want to say, 'wow'.
The fact you did it through Christmas is extra wow!

Srsly that's, well, 'wow' (hey it's late my word power is low hehe)

Keep going and keep sharing your losses on here. :)

Hi BigBurd,
I was a lurker and only recently joined too.

Congratulations on the losses you have achieved so far! You are an inspiration hun!

Good luck with the rest of your journey.
*~*TL*~* xx

*~*TL*~* *~dreaming of long term success~* mum of 4; wife; herbalist; Height: 166cm; Started: 16 Feb 2012; S/C/G: 116kg/109.5kg/65kg

Wow! You are truly inspiring!
Good luck with the rest of your journey,
(((hugs))) *~*TL*~* xx

*~*TL*~* *~dreaming of long term success~* mum of 4; wife; herbalist; Height: 166cm; Started: 16 Feb 2012; S/C/G: 116kg/109.5kg/65kg

welcome to the site, I too have a similar amount to lose.
Its fab youve already lost, good luck.xx

Back