12 week challenge - 84 days

12'8.6'' - so that is 5lbs lost. Not the best - but I didn't actually weigh on Day 1 (I was too scared and had a belly full of dutch bakery and McDonalds) so this is a 6 day weigh in. And I didn't have the mega first week losses last time that I did this diet, and then lost around 2.6lbs a week after that - but any weight lost is gone forever

so 5lbs - woo!

Woop! Well done, that's brilliant :)

michelleon - 8/84!
souffle - 7/84!
Lavinia - day 12/84!
Cherry Blossom - day 12/84!
Tinkerbellsmum - day 8/84!
Lou_G - day 9/84!
Zeke - day 17/70!

Good Morning! michelleon are you still with us?

Nearly into double figures for me woo hoo!

I hold my hands up, I had a blip last night. But back on it this morning and I really want to stick with it for the long haul.

Good luck everyone.

no problemo, the challenge isn't to stay 100% the whole time - the challenge IS to not stop trying!! You're still on day 12 of your journey, and that journey will have ups and downs (ooh deep...;))

Keep going, dust yourself down and think how far you've come already

*shadow boxes*

WOO!

I just realised its my day 6 today, not 8, but I weighed myself anyway and I have lost 5 1/2 lb! I'm pleased with that seeing as it's TOTM :D

michelleon - 9/84!
souffle - 7/84!
Lavinia - day 13/84!
Cherry Blossom - day 13/84!
Tinkerbellsmum - day 9/84!
Lou_G - day 10/84!
Zeke - day 18/70!

Souffle - I've put you on day 7 today is that right?

I'm into double figures yay!! well chuffed that I seem to be getting through this.

Hey everyone!

having one of those days at work today - our whole system is down so there is nothing to be done! This has really made me realise that I totally eat out of boredom. I've been sat reading for the past hour and all I can think is "I could really eat a sausage sandwich" - I'm not even hungry! Haven't had my first shake of the day yet and here I am thinking about food. I'm not going to give in though!

That's the good thing about these diets really - when I started on Cambridge in the summer it was definitely good for me, because I noticed you take food out of the equation you can think about your old eating habits and where you were going wrong. In my case, I'm a boredom eater and an emotional eater! If something good happens, I celebrate with food! If I'm upset, I comfort myself with food! So now I'm just retraining my brain to reward and comfort myself in other ways. Last night instead of buying food to snack on I bought a few magazines instead :)

Has anyone else realised where they were going wrong with food since starting the diet? What are you doing to combat your old ways? x

Definitely know what you're saying there!! It's the ultimate comforter :)

I'm gagging for some bacon (in bread of course) today although I'm not at all hungry, just had some oatmeal and v satisfied

I think it will be a lifelong struggle to stop using food as a crutch when bored/sad/happy/indifferent!!!

I think I'm just moodier now as I work through whatever feeling I have rather than stuffing it down with food ;) probably not as nice to live with! I've no idea how to fix this in the long term when I have to start eating food again

Yeah I know what you mean!

It's just so easy to go to the shop and just get what you want. But I guess every time you find your self reaching for the cupboard, stop and think about what it's going to do in the long term! You may think a snack here and there won't do much damage, but when you get in to that mind frame you find yourself doing it all the time and that's when the weight creeps back on!

Probably good to come online here for support even when you have finished just to talk to others and help keep yourself in check! That's what intend to do..(well I will try!!)

Exactly, whenever I have found myself not logging in to minis for support I just go off the rails!

I was feeling pretty hungry this evening, just had a massive salad with tuna, it hit the spot!! Which plan are you doing! I do 4 packs a day or sometimes alternate like today, have 3 packs and a small meal. x

I tend to do 3 packs and the protein

I really wanted tuna salad at work yesterday but they didn't have any salad in the canteen so just ate a pot of tuna :D:D smelly!!

I had a big steaming plate of boiled swede earlier and that was lovely. Still full now - 4 hours later :) prob had over 200g but I was feeling rebellious ;)

michelleon - 10/84!
souffle - 8/84!
Lavinia - day 14/84!
Cherry Blossom - day 14/84!
Tinkerbellsmum - day 10/84!
Lou_G - day 11/84!
Zeke - day 19/70!

Lavinia and cherry blossom you've done 2 weeks at the end of the day :D:D

Day 11 already for me - yay :)

Hello everyone!
Thought it was about time I posted being as you have so kindly included me in your challenge despite the fact that I will be a slacker and fall two weeks short! Currently on day 20 and all is well - just taking it one meal at a time. Weight loss this week has been quite slow so far due to cycle issues and maybe just because it is third week! I will be glad on Saturday when I am in a new week!

I've really struggled this evening :( I had an awful day at work, no break, mega stressful! All I wanted to do this past hour is eat eat eat! I had a cheeky nibble of cheese but nothing else. I'm so glad I didn't go mad and order a pizza, a few reads of some of the inspirational stories on here and I was okay!

Thank God for minimins!! x

Hi zeke!! Well done for getting to day 20 :)

Souffle you did really well resisting pizza, I had a couple of licks of a cake bowl earlier I have to confess!!! Then quickly washed it up before I had any more :)

Love reading inspirational stories on here I daydream that one day that will be me ;)

michelleon - 11/84!
souffle - 9/84!
Lavinia - day 15/84!
Cherry Blossom - day 15/84!
Tinkerbellsmum - day 11/84!
Lou_G - day 12/84!
Zeke - day 20/70!

Zeke - is your number right now?

Cherry and Lavinia - is it weigh day for you guys today?!

Day 12 for me.

Happy Friday :D

Last edited:
Back