12 week challenge - 84 days

Carry on with the packs. There's 21 meals in a week if you have 3 meals a day or 28 in a week if your having 4. That's a lot of meals on plan even if 1 is off.

Great advice cherry you don't have to be 100% to lose

Just do your best souffle take it hour by hour, day by day, meal by meal!! If you fluff one up, try again on the next

I'm bring a lot less hard on myself on this latest stint and I'm finding it easier now mentally instead of the all or nothing attitude I had before which didn't get me anywhere!!

Cherry - great loss!!!! Woo!!!

I've had a bad few days guys :( I can't seem to get in the right headspace!! This happens every time I need to order more food! I ran out of bars over a week ago and they are my weakness! If I have my bars I'm happy :(

I have no intention of giving up completely but the 'emotional eater' in me has come out with a vengeance this week. Been a really stressful week at work and I've in all honesty, got in from work and eaten. most days it was extra veg and more protein, but I did have a muffin at work yesterday!!

I just want this horrible week to be over with!! I've already eaten half a sandwich this morning so I'm debating whether to just leave it for today or carry on with the packets??

If you run out of bars just go and get some protein bars with similar carb content to tie you over. The Atkins bars you can get in boots are a good alternative to SnS.
I often found when I was on LL that I was looking for an excuse to 'cheat' when I was just about to run out of my favourite packs.
I'll try not to look at them as 'food' this time and simply use them as nutrition. So I have all my packs for the month in one big bag and whatever I pick will be my lunch or dinner. I also try to split the bar in two and have one half for lunch and the other as my evening snack.

thanks for the support guys really appreciate it.

I'm going to continue with the packs for the rest of the day and be 100% until my planned day off next weekend. I agree with you Lou, I had the all or nothing attitude and it doesn't help!!

Getting it off my chest has made me feel better, it's like a confession booth haha!!

Morning challengers!!
michelleon - 19/84!
souffle - 17/84!
Lavinia - day 23/84!
Cherry Blossom - day 23/84!
Tinkerbellsmum - day 19/84!
Lou_G - day 20/84!
Zeke - day 28/70!

I'm 0.2lb down from yesterday yippee! CONFESSION I ate about 8 oven chips last night off daughters plate :O while I was waiting for my swede chips to cook. Could feel a binge coming on so ate the swede chips when they weren't quite cooked (!) to fill my belly and seemed to do the trick. I nearly talked myself into eating cookies (go on, you've already had some oven chips, you've already ruined it, just start again tomorrow, you messed up last weekend and got back on track you can do it again) NAUGHTY voices in my head. I had a cup of tea and went upstairs to do daughters story and was over it by the time I got back downstairs phew!! crisis averted and I feel really pleased about that.

My mind was leading me one way but I let my feet take me upstairs to get out of harm's way

I also nearly cracked on the '1 bar' rule and had my last praline bar but didn't ;) just eaten it now for brekkie :D

Well done for being strong yesterday Lou and beating those sabataging thoughts - and Souffle-fla for getting straight back on the plan after a difficult week.

Wekk 4 WI for me and I lost 2lbs this week (which I am ok with as I thought I was going to pull a 1.?lbs loss this week!). No idea whether this run of 2lb/week LCD-like losses is going to continue or it is just a blip but I am going to make an effort for the next few days at least to ensure I am fully sticking the rules and ensure my carbs low.

Last edited:
well done on 2lbs!! :D before Xmas I did a 5 week stint and I was only losing 2.5lbs every week - but in reality on a lcd you lose a MAXIMUM of 2lbs a week, sometimes less, so you're still on the fast track

even if you lose 2lbs a week for the next 6 weeks that is 12lbs meaning you'd only be half a stone off your target - and the likelihood is that 2lbs is the MINIMUM you'd lose, so say 2lbs for 2 weeks 3lbs for 4 weeks is (adds up) 16lbs which would take you to 11 stone, SO close to target or 3lbs a week is 18lbs.

And going on S&S guidelines of 14lbs a month, the maximum you could lose in the next month and a half is 21lbs which would have you smashing your target

You're doing great - try not to panic too much about the numbers - all you can do is stay on plan and that is what you are doing

*waves pompoms* you're doing great!

Morning challengers!!
michelleon - 19/84!
souffle - 17/84!
Lavinia - day 23/84!
Cherry Blossom - day 23/84!
Tinkerbellsmum - day 19/84!
Lou_G - day 20/84!
Zeke - day 28/70!

I'm 0.2lb down from yesterday yippee! CONFESSION I ate about 8 oven chips last night off daughters plate :O while I was waiting for my swede chips to cook. Could feel a binge coming on so ate the swede chips when they weren't quite cooked (!) to fill my belly and seemed to do the trick. I nearly talked myself into eating cookies (go on, you've already had some oven chips, you've already ruined it, just start again tomorrow, you messed up last weekend and got back on track you can do it again) NAUGHTY voices in my head. I had a cup of tea and went upstairs to do daughters story and was over it by the time I got back downstairs phew!! crisis averted and I feel really pleased about that.

My mind was leading me one way but I let my feet take me upstairs to get out of harm's way

I also nearly cracked on the '1 bar' rule and had my last praline bar but didn't ;) just eaten it now for brekkie :D

Hey hunny

Well done on resisting temptation (naughty voices) I know them well!! I think we all do :)

well done on 2lbs!! :D before Xmas I did a 5 week stint and I was only losing 2.5lbs every week - but in reality on a lcd you lose a MAXIMUM of 2lbs a week, sometimes less, so you're still on the fast track

even if you lose 2lbs a week for the next 6 weeks that is 12lbs meaning you'd only be half a stone off your target - and the likelihood is that 2lbs is the MINIMUM you'd lose, so say 2lbs for 2 weeks 3lbs for 4 weeks is (adds up) 16lbs which would take you to 11 stone, SO close to target or 3lbs a week is 18lbs.

And going on S&S guidelines of 14lbs a month, the maximum you could lose in the next month and a half is 21lbs which would have you smashing your target

You're doing great - try not to panic too much about the numbers - all you can do is stay on plan and that is what you are doing

*waves pompoms* you're doing great!

Awww....thanks Lou! I do feel ok about it and will happily take the 12 lbs off it that is what I get. I have a range of targets for this 10 week stint (bottom of sig) so I am still pretty confident I will meet at least one of them! I think the Beck book is really helping me accept this without getting too frustrated.

michelleon - 20/84!
souffle - 18/84!
Lavinia - day 24/84!
Cherry Blossom - day 24/84!
Tinkerbellsmum - day 20/84!
Lou_G - day 21/84!
Zeke - day 29/70!

Weigh in tomorrow and need to lose 0.2 more lbs to get to target '0' so fingers crossed for that!!

Don't feel so daunted by this task now I'm being a little 'slacker' with it ;) yesterday I had a bite of birthday cake - I made DD save me the last bite (she didn't want the rest anyway I made her eat more than she wanted to just leave a bit - incase you all thought I stole her cake from her party!!) just wanted to taste it :D I guess on days where I don't feel bingey I can afford to do this but not if I'm feeling like it might lead to a blow out. On lipotrim I gave up because I succumbed to a chocolate that OH gran was forcing on me - but in hindsight one little chocolate wouldn't have pushed me out of ketosis at all, I could have just carried on as usual - but the literature kind of led me to believe that even a lick of something would push you out of ketosis and make you have to start from the beginning. I guess they have to say this as what is the point of a TFR if it's not going to totally replace your food?

It just puts us under so much pressure to be 'perfect' and I'm finding that the odd drink with citric acid or a bite of cake isn't pushing me out of ketosis but obviously I have to know when to stop and I don't want to keep pushing the boundaries because eventually I'll go too far!!

michelleon - 20/84!
souffle - 18/84!
Lavinia - day 24/84!
Cherry Blossom - day 24/84!
Tinkerbellsmum - day 20/84!
Lou_G - day 21/84!
Zeke - day 29/70!

Weigh in tomorrow and need to lose 0.2 more lbs to get to target '0' so fingers crossed for that!!

Don't feel so daunted by this task now I'm being a little 'slacker' with it ;) yesterday I had a bite of birthday cake - I made DD save me the last bite (she didn't want the rest anyway I made her eat more than she wanted to just leave a bit - incase you all thought I stole her cake from her party!!) just wanted to taste it :D I guess on days where I don't feel bingey I can afford to do this but not if I'm feeling like it might lead to a blow out. On lipotrim I gave up because I succumbed to a chocolate that OH gran was forcing on me - but in hindsight one little chocolate wouldn't have pushed me out of ketosis at all, I could have just carried on as usual - but the literature kind of led me to believe that even a lick of something would push you out of ketosis and make you have to start from the beginning. I guess they have to say this as what is the point of a TFR if it's not going to totally replace your food?

It just puts us under so much pressure to be 'perfect' and I'm finding that the odd drink with citric acid or a bite of cake isn't pushing me out of ketosis but obviously I have to know when to stop and I don't want to keep pushing the boundaries because eventually I'll go too far!!

Know what u mean there hun I became a ketosis / vlcd expert in the end! I know all the 'tricks' of food, drink, alcohol etc to have but like u say that is only a good thing if you are in control. X

DAY 1/84

Just started today and hope I can join :-D weigh day for me is on Day 14 hope to have lost between 10lbs-14lbs also working thru beck book and on 4 packs a day (no veg)

In fairness the last time I did this it was the 'well it won't take me out of ketosis' attitude that lead to me failing. I tend to find that if I allow those occasional 'it doesn't matter' it just gets worse and worse till I've lost it again.

DAY 1/84

Just started today and hope I can join :-D weigh day for me is on Day 14 hope to have lost between 10lbs-14lbs also working thru beck book and on 4 packs a day (no veg)

of course you can join - more the merrier!! good luck! x

In fairness the last time I did this it was the 'well it won't take me out of ketosis' attitude that lead to me failing. I tend to find that if I allow those occasional 'it doesn't matter' it just gets worse and worse till I've lost it again.

yeah that's what I'm a bit scared of :/ will try not to do this too much

michelleon - 21/84!
souffle - 19/84!
Lavinia - day 25/84!
Cherry Blossom - day 25/84!
Tinkerbellsmum - day 21/84!
Lou_G - day 22/84!
Zeke - day 30/70!
Nomsad - day 2/84!

Good morning all - weigh day for me and I've lost 3.8lbs this week (after putting on 1lb last week ;)) and am at a 'new low' so very happy with that. 8.8lbs in 3 weeks isn't earth shattering for vlcd but this is my nth attempt so I think my body is too used to it!! ;) and I don't mind, it is just an easy way of losing weight, quicker than a 'normal' diet and kind of nice to have the same old packs all the time, kind of comforting and familiar? Don't know if I'll still be saying that while I'm forcing mushroom pasta down in week 11 :D:D but at the moment it suits me just fine

Back