1200 cal meal ideas???

kirstyjade

ok so im on the 1200 cal (step 3) but iv been substituteing food for milk in my shakes but again i have failed so im going to do it properly and have the food and i just wondered if anyone had a list of food im allowed on the 1200 as i dont have a book until the next time i see my CD which is not until a week on friday, i cant see any stickies with recipes ideas for step 3 iv only seen 1 recipe for toad in the hole with quorn sausages

anyone else got any ideas..without veg though im not a big fan lol xx

Kirstyjade im on the 1200 plan for health reasons (medication) and my CDC and I agreed it was ok for me to get the extra kcals through a protein based diet as apposed to the limited foods it has in the book. I tend to opt for grilled bacon and scramlbed eggs for brekkie then a chicken salad for lunch and well sommat like a mixed grill for tea if you're not having more than 65-80g of carbs per day you should still have some form of ketosis but not feel hungry as you're getting all the extra kcals and should (if you wanted) have energy to exercise too

As CambridgeKez has said you really do need the book but here is a summary taken from the book to help you get by to then.

Step 4: summary

Eat two CWP products per day ( this is essential)
Eat a breakfast of 150kcal or 250kcal
Eat a lunch of 200kcal or 300kcal
Eat a dinner and dessert of 370kcal
Drink 284ml/1/2pint of skimmed milk, which can be added to your tea and coffee and breakfast
Drink at least 2.5litres/4 pints of fluids over the course of the day*

*You can include tea and coffee, herbal teas from leaf, not root, flowers or fruit. Cambridge water flavourings and occasional low calorie/diet drinks, flavoured water or squashes.

How it works: fast facts

Step 4 consists of approximately 1200kcal per day
Step 4 is suitable for you if you are overweight or have a BMI of over 20

You will get some meal ideas on this thread below

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/6108-810-meal-ideas.html

Also you will find some handy recipes in the Calorie Counting forum

Calorie Counting - Recipes

Thanks mini & ninja thats helped alot and iv already had a word with my CC and she will bring me a book next time she comes,
She only comes once a fortnight due to living 30 miles away from me x

Back