125 days until I become Mrs Wood!

almostmrswood

As the title says, there are 125 days until I become the wife of Mr Wood. Since August 2011 I have been on Exante, Slim & Save and Weightwatchers. Had I stuck at one of them I would be so close, if not at, goal by now.

My problem is if I cut out food completely, I just want it even more and binge. If I allow myself '1' of something, it very quickly becomes more than one and the points go out the window. I know I shouldn't but I know I'm not the only one that can tune out when the angel on my shoulder speaks. :devilangel:

I love meat and I hate calorie counting so I hope that Dukan will be my answer and I will stick at it. In fact I have to stick at it, I'm running out of time to loose the wobbly post baby belly.

I had a practise day on Sunday and tried the oatbran pancakes, I was really surprised at how tasty they were. I'm told the cookies are good too so will have to try them.

I have my meal planner in front of me and I'm away to trawl through the recipes and fill it in.

I'm doing 7 days Attack so will need to get a bit creative so I don't get fed up. My mum is also doing it but she started on Saturday. So far she has stuck at it and usually she is worse than me for breaking diets!

Welcome to Dukan and the very best of luck. It really is an amazing diet if you have the motivation to stick with it.

congratulations on your forth coming wedding - dukan is fab just stick to the allowed list of food and you cant go wrong ;)

Welcome to the forum! They are a lovely bunch and the dukan way of life seems to work!!

Welcome mrs, great choice of diet, put you faith in Dr Dukan follow the rules its easy x

Well Day 1 and it has been brilliant.

B- chicken breast and muller light toffee yog
L- thinly sliced roast beef and tuna 'rolls'
D- steak, 2 dry fried eggs

My dinner is cooking just now (OH was later getting home tonight) and its smells amazing. I love steak anyway but it smells better than usual.

Thanks for the support guys. I have a feeling I may have found 'the one'. Diet that is as well as man! I have my list of recipes waiting to be made, mmmmm, cheesecake, muffins, cookies. I'm loving this diet already!

I hope everyone else has had a great day too!

xx

Good luck ! If you have any questions just shout they are a lovely bunch on here x

Hello almost mrs wood! August 26 I see is your wedding date... do you have your dress yet?
I'm getting married on Sept 15 (just a small do though!)

I wish you much luck!

welcome to the best diet in the world :D i see your from aberdeen

Well Day 2 was a disaster, I'm just going to ignore it. I have roasted a chicken and that will be my food tomorrow. Plus side I was down 1.5lbs this morning :D

Thanks Jojo, this site is excellent. Always gives me a little pick-me-up.

Congrats Joanne, you will be looking great on your big day. It doesn't matter how big a do it is, having the important people there is what counts (she says currently fighting with the guest list as we can't get eveyone in!). I've chosen my dress and it should be in the shop in the next few weeks. Very exciting to see how big it is on me! The woman ordered it at the size I was 6 months ago as she said she can take it in as much as needed without it looking dodgy. How are you getting on with your planning? I never realised just how much there is to do!

Ellie- Yes I am in Aberdeen. Where about in not-so-sunny Scotland are you?

xxx

Welcome from me too! Sending you some perseverance vibes - if you can get through a few days attack it does get easier, the cravings subside. If you're hungry, eat something 'from the list'. I like making cheesecake (essentially eggs, quark and sweetener, but there is a recipe somewhere in the recipe thread), and tofu cream when I need a 'sweet something' that's not another yoghurt with sweetener. Well done on the chicken that is also nice to snack on. On food category that I have very much increased my intake since embarking on dukan is fish. I always used to eat it but not nearly once a day. It was salmon yesterday, mackerel the day before and tuna today.

Have fun with your dress :) I hope your shop has pencilled in many more fittings nearer the date!
I have just sorted through my wardrobe again - finally saying goodbye to some (not all) my old favourites that are too big, and have been for a year and a half now. I thought I might take some in but that really was not a realistic thought! Shopping for new clothes has been much more fun!

I'm in Aberdeenshire also :D although at our cottage in fife ATM lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well just a quick update. Not been too good the past few days. A horrible tummy bug has floored me. Feeling better today, so hopefully I can restart tomorrow.

How is everyone?

Aww, getting better comes first and hope that happens for you soon xxx

Much better today. I've restarted attack and been very well behaved sticking to my protein only. I've not really had 'meals' through the day, more like lots of little snacks. Just had my tea of chicken and prawns stir-fried in chilli, ginger and soy sauce with 2 fried eggs and it was yummy.

I stood on the scales today and I'm at 15st8.5lbs!!!! That's up 4.5lbs from last week. Having eaten very little over the past few days, I'm a bit surprised, but my period started to day so I'm going to blame that. Hopefully by the end of the week I'm be around the 15st mark.

Back when I first started with Exante, I wrote out a list of mini targets and stuck it on the fridge. I've been ticking them off as I reach each one so I've had a smaller goal to reach. In May the ones I'm aiming for are-

15st7lbs- BMI of 35 (again)
15st1.5lbs- lost 10% of my original body weight (again)
14st11lbs- lost 2st since starting (again)
14st4lbs- 2.5st lost
14st3.75lbs- 15% of my original body weight

I know there's not a massive difference between the last two, but those little ticks make a massive difference to my motivation and it's my goals so I can have as many as I like :D

I've just gotten in from work, the man has taken our daughter up to his folks for the afternoon so I'm kicking back for a while. Usually this would be a bad time for snacking. In fact I came in the door and the first thing I thought was 'What can I eat?'. I was soooooo tempted by the bread and rolls that are in the kitchen but regained control and settled for a big sniff! I've made some cheesecake topping and it's quite tasty. I'm going to make muffins in a little while too.

The scales were down 3lbs this morning! Was definitely having a fat day yesterday. I'm drinking lots of fizzy water, so between that and my tea/coffee I reckon I've had about 2.5l yesterday and about 1.5l so far today.

I've just made muffins and OMG they are heaven in a silicone case! Wow! I put sweetener and vanilla extract in them and they are just the right sweetness and so light and fluffy, I'll have to stop myself eating them all at once lol.

Mrs wood they are my staple couldn't do diet without them x

Back