Extra Easy 12hr Night Shifts Suck When Dieting Diary

Right Catherine.... Extra hula hooping for you my girl! Burn off those 44 syns (ha ha )

Haha Hula hooping it is then!! (Or maybe the exercise bike) if my son hopefully naps today.

Indian wasn't so bad syn wise on the end, my Dhansak came way spicier than usual so had hardly any of the sauce as my mouth was on fire haha

After I worked it out I realised I still had 15syns left for the week and only have today (Thursday) left ...2nd Weigh in on Friday.

Sooo I'm fine syn wise but really need to work harder on resisting food I know I shouldn't have and reaching for a healthier option.

We need to be treated now and again or else food will become a boring subject.
As long as you enjoyed it then it's worth the syns, it when you use syns on something that tastes awful.... That's disappointment!!

Don't be disappointed, we all have these days where life gets in the way and we can't be 100% on plan. One bad day won't hurt in the long run. My OH is away the weekend which you would think would put me well on plan, but no, I've got so much planned with the girls that involves food and cocktails that I think it will be worse than last week's hen weekend!

Thanks girls my husband has been off sick from work for the last 5 months (Kidney Transplant) and he's a proper "Feeder" he's getting better at not constantly encouraging me to eat the wrong stuff but we'll get there.

A big problem we have is he lost a load of weight when he was first recovering from surgery so he's trying to gain weight and I'm trying to loose it haha

☆ Thursday ☆ Last Day Off

Breakfast = x1 Thick Slice Wholemeal
Toast (HexB) Spaghetti Hoops, x1 Fry Light Fried Egg, x2 Fry light Fried Tomatoes ..... SON STOLE MOST OF IT!!! (Mummy dosent like to share her food)

Lunch = Low Fat Super Noodles & Grapes

Dinner = Chicken Paella & Salad
20160811_193820.jpg

Snacks = x1 Homemade Soft Baked Cookie, 5 Syns!! But mmm so good ... make that x3 in the end, I just couldn't resist my son feeding me them after he made them! (I have a 2 year old that loves to feed mummy haha ... just like the hubby)
PhotoGrid_1470902567472.jpg

Drinks = X3 Teas with milk (HexA) , Lilt Zero

Total Syns = 15

Was going to exercise but my hip has been hurting on and off lately and to really hurt today so just went for a gentle walk with my son round a lake to feed the quack quacks.

Weigh Day tomorrow, I'm expecting a gain as still got my period but I guess I'll find out tomo.

On an early shift tomo so have to get up at half 4!!! So going to sort my work food out now then an early night for me, night everyone xxx

Last edited:
Oooh that paella looks nice! Is it easy to make?

4.30am get up sounds horrendous, and with period on top... I wouldn't want to be you right now lol. Good luck with weigh in though :)

It was a 1/2 a pound Gain in the end, I'm pretty sure that's all water weight, so hopefully next week will be better.

Super Simple Chicken Paella =
Fry a Tsp of Paprika and Tumeric with some onion and chicken. Add 750mls of chicken stock, 200g of paella rice (risotto rice works as well) Chop up 3ish tomatoes and add, cover and cook for 30min, uncover and add juice of half a lemon (or from a bottle) and a sprinkle of dried parsley (or fresh)

Easy as that .... I usually add about 50g chorizo but wanted it to be syn free .... green beans also go lovely in it but I had a fussy 2 year old eating it too.

☆ Friday ☆ 0700 - 1900 Work Day

Got home from work about half 7 and cooked dinner for me and hubby then back off to bed for another early start ... thank God I'm only part time!

Breakfast = 35g Oats (HexB) with a strawberry & cranberry Muller Light, x1 satsumer & x1 nectarine.

Lunch = Tuna Pasta Salad (1 Syns for the Mayo in it)
20160811_190115.jpg

Dinner = Bacon with fat cut off dry fried with posh cherry tomatoes, garlic fresh basil and mixed with Spaghetti & a salad simple but yummy!
20160812_195513.jpg

Snacks = Another Satsumer & Nectarine

Drinks = x2 Coffees with milk (HexA) Water, Lilt Zero, Diet Lemonade

Total Syns = 1 (104 Syns / 6 Days Left)

Catherine, i have to say you're home made cookies did look good, you're little man did a cracking job.... Can't have yummy things like that in my house... Way to much temptation

Same here!! I'm going to start making some slimming world cookies with him instead and just not tell anyone they are healthy ones hehe

I like the sound of the paella, must add it to my 'to try' list. 1/2lb gain isnt' bad, considering the time of the month, I think next week will be loads better. Just stay away from the cookies lol.

Feeling a bit tearful and stressed this afternoon at work .... had a phone call from the husband to say he's not feeling well, vomiting and has a stomach pain ... a big worry as he's still recovering after a kidney transplant and needs to drink a huge amounts of fluids each day to help the new kidney kick in.

Want to rush home and look after him but my mother in law has collected my son so Husband can rest so know I'm over reacting if I go home early.

I'm craving junk food as I'm an emotional eater and always turn to junk when I feel sad/stressed.

I'm sat on my break trying to resist by eating a nectarine instead ..... it's not the same!

Catherine, my thoughts are with you and I hope your hubby is soon feeling better.
If you craving junk food / sweet stuff, I just made slimming world lemon drizzle cake only 8 syns for the whole loaf, just had a slice not bad...quite sweet got the recipe off "you tube" this lady has lots of great ideas worth a look!

☆ Saturday ☆ 0700 - 1900 Work Day

I love lemon drizzle cake so will have a look. I got home about an hour ago so feel better I can look after him now, looks like I'm just cooking din dins for one tonight, made him a bit of dry toast yum yum

Breakfast = 35g Oats (HexB) Mixed with a vanilla Muller Light.

Lunch = Tuna Pasta & Salad again (1 syn for the Mayo in it)

Dinner = x3 Tesco Healthy Living Sausages (3syns) Mash Potato (1 syn for the milk in it) Loads of cauliflower & Cabbage, Gravy made with bisto powder and an oxo cube (2 syns)
20160813_200204.jpg

Snacks = x2 satsumer

Drinks = x2 Milky Coffees (HexA) Water, Diet cream soda.

Total Syns = 7

Yay I resisted eating rubbish! This is progress for me!

☆ Saturday ☆ 0700 - 1900 Work Day

I love lemon drizzle cake so will have a look. I got home about an hour ago so feel better I can look after him now, looks like I'm just cooking din dins for one tonight, made him a bit of dry toast yum yum

Breakfast = 35g Oats (HexB) Mixed with a vanilla Muller Light.

Lunch = Tuna Pasta & Salad again (1 syn for the Mayo in it)

Dinner = x3 Tesco Healthy Living Sausages (3syns) Mash Potato (1 syn for the milk in it) Loads of cauliflower & Cabbage, Gravy made with bisto powder and an oxo cube (2 syns)
View attachment 183244

Snacks = x2 satsumer

Drinks = x2 Milky Coffees (HexA) Water, Diet cream soda.

Total Syns = 7

Yay I resisted eating rubbish! This is progress for me!
Well done you for resisting, just finished making the lemon drizzle cake, it's ok bit too sweet for me, the taste reminds me of when I was younger eating pancakes with lemon and sugar.
Worth a try the whole cake is only 8 syns x

☆ Sunday ☆ Day Off

Today was mostly a guess the Syns Day as went to Prezzo and not alot of syn info out there so used the 20kcal = 1 syn rule, I knew I'd be way over but didn't want to do a flexi Syns Day so I'll just make up for it in the week as still have 4 Days until Weigh Day.

Breakfast = x1 Thick Slice Wholemeal Toast (HexB) 1/4 Tin of beans, x1 Fry Light Fried Egg, x2 Rashers of bacon with fat cut off before cooking.

Lunch = Went to Prezzo for my brother in laws birthday. Starter; Cheesy Garlic Bread that I shared with my 2 year old, counting the cheese as a HexA, Syns ?11
Main; Pasta Arribiata, they cook their pasta from dry not fresh so took 75g worth of pasta Syns off so ??12syns
Dessert; Went to a dessert bar down the road (I didn't know we were going there after so had to think on my feet!) Shared a Crepe with fresh Strawberries with loads of chocolate sauce, was yummy but about 400kal for the half I ate so 20sysn!!!

Dinner = Soupy Noodles; Fine egg noodles, chicken Broth made with a chicken oxo cube and a pinch of cayenne pepper and mixed herbs, cubed tomatoes & sweetcorn.

Drinks = Diet Coke, Lime squash

Snacks = Muller Light yogurt

Total Syns = Guessing at most 46syns (I'll be good for rest of the week I promise) :angeldevil:

Back