14 Stone To Lose

Hi psp and thank you for responding to my query on stacks diary. I don't know where to start????How do I know how many cals I need daily? I looked on mfp and put in my details selecting light exercise(no structured exercise but I walk a lot. )Do I then eat the amount calculated. I thought stacks spoke about using the maintainance level cals rather than losing weight calculation. Or a certain calculation minus 20 percent. I am happy to be a very slow loser as I want max foodage!!! bang for my buck. Thank you again :)

Thanks Tracy :)

Jilly, you fill your details in on MFP and it gives you a daily amount to eat. Then you add your food to it as you eat and it calculates your calories for you. You just click on whatever meal it is and type it in (for example you could click breakfast and then search for 'weetabix' and then choose how many and then add the milk after. If you download the app on your phone you can barcode scan that might save you some time locating things.

You add exercise in - say walking for an hour - and it adds an amount of calories for that onto it for your walk.

Then you can eat them back if you want to - all of them, some of them, none of them... its up to you :)

As you lose weight it asks if you want to move down a bit calorie wise so you're always eating at a deficit. It's every 10lb I believe.

Stack was talking about BMR and then working out how many figures from there :)

BMR is how many calories your body uses if you were in bed all day or sitting in a chair doing nothing - just blinking and breathing etc.
BMR Calculator - Metabolism Calculator (Basal Metabolic Rate)

Then you use the harris benedict formula to work out what your calories should be - going by how active you are. It's all explained in the above link. You'll find it gives you more than MFP does, that's because MFP is stingy.

Hope that helps hun :)

Well done on the clothes sizes! Must feel great! I can't wait to start shopping for the next size down and my ultimate NSV would be to never have to shop in Evans again (I like the shop but it's what it represents for me that is the problem!).

So kind of you to take the time to explain all that, thank you. I'll have a look at the link now:)

Anytime :) Hope it helps lovely :) Good luck!

Well done on the clothes sizes! Must feel great! I can't wait to start shopping for the next size down and my ultimate NSV would be to never have to shop in Evans again (I like the shop but it's what it represents for me that is the problem!).

I agree totally!! I do like Evans, but only really for trousers. The dresses and tops are really not me at all. It'd be great to have more choice from other shops - and be able to nip out to town and buy and outfit in any store rather than just having to go to Evans.

Good luck hun :) I'm totally behind you :) And thank you!

Hi, here to to subscribe. Im too aiming for 14 st loss - we can do it , right ? =)

We totally can! You've already had an amazing start, well done! :) Good luck hun! :)

hi angel wow you are doing fabulous x x

Thank you my darling :) Hope you're doing well and losing! How are you getting on?! How's the job doing? :)

hi angel
its going great lovely am really enjoying it and the food front good exercise i need to up it x x x x

Very glad to hear it :) It's very quiet without you! :)

Am extra happy for the loss yesterday as TOTM has kicked in this morning with a vengence. Ow! As a result I went back to bed for an hour this morning after setting mum up in front of her tv and flopped out with the dogs where Louie decided he was coming under the covers or else...!
20140826_101528.jpg (please ignore the mismatch bedding - it's the TOTM summer bedding so nothing gets ruined - can't WAIT for winter bedding and thick duvets :D)

Things aren't going to bad otherwise, we've got an issue with grandad but it's nothing bad in the sense of how things have been. His standing abilities won't be lasting for much longer and - if not high - he can't stand from anything. This is especially a problem in the morning and from the dining room in the home. Sadly he is refusing point blank to let them change his bed/chair to ones where they can get a stand aid underneath and he's endangering their health/backs by forcing them to do the hook lift which the ot is understandably furious about. We're trying to get him to change his mind but he's adamant. Not entirely sure what's going to happen there...

The law is stupid though. We have POA (power of attorney) and he's putting not only himself in danger but the other carers too... but as he still has 'capacity' he's allowed to say no and we can't over rule it for his and their safety. We understand that he has to have his independence and his right to chose, but it's not us being horrible and awkward - it's dangerous! He doesn't understand that it's dangerous so IMO he DOESN'T have capacity. It's weird.

Got mum at the physio tomorrow, hoping to get a proper diagnosis for what is wrong with her shoulder/arm and why she's unable to use it. If we can - and get it better if it's possible - she might be able to shower for herself and get a little more independence with me only being in the room incase of problems instead of having to wash her. She's quite excited bless her :)

Bought myself a little present this weekend whilst Evans had their bank holiday extra off. Made it £8 and somehow it arrived today (magic post! especially after the bank holiday!) I definitely recommend it if it's available in your size. So comfortable, great length and looks great. It doesn't cling at all it just flows over your lumps and bumps without highlighting them :) Going to wear it tomorrow with leggings and flat boots :) It's selling out VERY quickly though so be quick! :)

I noticed my weight loss today whilst I was heading into the shower. It wasn't in a good way - I saw the like wrinkled/orange peel skin on my boobs and stomach and how noticable it is... but eh. Who cares! I'd rather have that - and the losses - than the extra weight I had! Not like you can see it through the clothes where you could see the weight!

O your a busy bee hospitals and care homes can take over your life at times can't they.. And I totally agree about careplan rules etc can't see the wood for the trees sometimes...

Love the dress alas as you said it was selling out fast it's down to 14's now.. Hope the mother nature of hell leaves you soon x x

O and super well done on your loss yesterday xx

It really is daft! We had him at home for 16 years (not living with us - but for the last 8 years we were his carers 24/7 and barely ever seemed to be out of his. He's been in there 2 years now) so know him better than anyone. We KNOW that with gentle manipulation he'll accept it and why - but we can't push it as he has free choice... but he doesn't have the capacity to understand it's done for a GOOD safety reason not just to take away what is his. They haven't explained that to him - they've just said that it has to be changed... and all he's focused on (and he's obsessing because of his vascular dementia) is that they're taking away his. They've gone about it in totally the wrong way. If they'd told me first - I could have got it sorted within the same 24 hours and kept him calm - not shouting the odds.

Blimey, when I posted it it had about 5 sizes left! That is going quick!

Thank you my lovely :D xxx

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your grandad again, hon. I'm surprised they won't let you exercise your power of attorney if he's got dementia - surely that's the whole point of them. Hope you get it sorted soon, and that they find out what your Mum's problem is too - is it something like a frozen shoulder? :)

The dress is lovely, looks like it would be very flattering. I know what you mean about the post-weight loss saggy skin, I've got some lovely wrinklage going on, lol. But your attitude is exactly the same as mine too - who cares, it's better than what it's replacing so just cover it up! :D xx

Thank you my lovelies :)

And you'd think they'd let it kick in wouldn't you.... they're talking "Best Interest" meetings and all sorts - it's dumb! I emailed the manager of the home yesterday with an idea but she hasn't replied yet. I doubt it'll be "allowed" though.

I'd much rather have the funky skin than the weight in it definitely :D Stuff can always be done - maybe if it gets really bad once it's all over - but the weight can kill you! And it hurts!

Hope you're all alright :)

Did the measurements this morning too as it's end of the month - very happy there too! :)
0 off neck
2.5 off bust
1.5 off waist
1.5 off hips

5 and half inches off this month.

24.5 inches and 63lb lost in exactly 150 days :)

Sorry meant to say - mums arm thing is weird. Different doctors have suggested different things - ranging from tennis elbow, rotator cuff to a possible small stroke (!). I don't know what the hell it is!

Having said that, her parents lost 2 babies after she was born to spina biffida within short weeks of birth. Both parents have osteoarthritis too and grandad's sister has rheumatoid arthritis where her hands were bent right back so the genetics aren't great.

Physio thinks it is rotator cuff and a case of bursitis (sp) too. She's been refered for an injection under ultrasound so hopefully it'll be better soon :)

Had an 'update' picture today. I'm seeing bits of difference (mostly that my tummy has dropped as its losing the weight, especially as the wind today was shoving my dress right back against me and making it cling ;)) but there's still lots to go!!! :)

nowthen.jpg

Back