14 Stone To Lose

hi sweetheart
fence looks great oooh thats come round fast seeing him again the grump old so and so hope your feeling ok lovely now and like others said next time you look it will be gone hope your knee feels better soon lovely x x

I've seen those pizzas knocking about, but they always look a little on the small side (at least for greedy chops over here!) How was it?

Sorry the visit wasn't great but you made good choices afterwards!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I think you should be super proud of your choices , especially after a stressful visit !! It shows how different your mindset is now ! X x hopefully I will deal with stressful times so well x
Hoping you knee improved soon x

You handled that very well my darling, that pizza wont ruin things for you I can just tell.

I am totally an emotional eater aswell, I eat for every emotion though happy, sad, celebrate, commiserate yadda yadda you get it right - I eat all the time!!!!

Dxxx

Thank you my darlings :) I really appreciate your support :)

I earnt 465 from exercise yesterday from the walking I did (including the hour i toddled round b and q looking at stuff and getting my window vac. Slightly big outlay for £60 - however I pay the window cleaner a fiver a month for just the three front windows and the front door window so going on that logic alone if we count in the other door and the other 5 windows it'll have paid for itself before Christmas! Aaaaaaaaaaaand it'll be the exercise from all the moving and stretching too - bonus! :) Meant I finished the day with 355 according to MFP (who admittedly are v generous when it comes to calories accounts from exercise!)

Stacksy, the pizza wasn't too bad at all if I'm honest. We didn't have anything else with it (as visiting twat meant a later than usual lunch so weren't that hungry). Did just have the plain margherita as those were the ones cheaper than usual because of their best before date)

Knee is getting a bit better thanks, pain is back to 'normal' levels and the swelling has practically gone.

Have to see him again on the 30th of September as he has an appointment - and again about a month later. Luckily his October appt is at 3pm so we can meet him at the hospital and send him back with the taxi driver as he'd be going straight in for his dinner at 5pm by the time it was all over (that clinic are ALWAYS running late!) not that he'll be happy about that - but tough! I can't justify £20 taxi fare back to the home with him and then back home for us just to see him back there (!) (though he'd want us to go back and wait for him to come back to get screamed at again!)

Ah. I quite like getting plain margheritas and then shoving a load of veggies (I originally typed vaggies - may have changed the context of the sentence a little!) on the top because my fav pizza is veggie pizza (and veggie pizzas are always really dull/not enough veggies!).

I dunno, I usually get 350-400 calories added from my FitBit and that really only adds up to 1.5/2 hours walking a day so MFP might not be too far off!

Who is twat?!?! X

Twat is my grandad, lovely. He's a very nasty and spiteful bully who has mentally and physically abused my gran, my mum and me. We were his carers for 16 years because there was noone else and social services only allowed him to move into care fulltime 2 years ago. Worst time of my life.

Ah. I quite like getting plain margheritas and then shoving a load of veggies (I originally typed vaggies - may have changed the context of the sentence a little!) on the top because my fav pizza is veggie pizza (and veggie pizzas are always really dull/not enough veggies!).

I dunno, I usually get 350-400 calories added from my FitBit and that really only adds up to 1.5/2 hours walking a day so MFP might not be too far off!

I do that - but usually pepperoni and chicken rather than veg (I only like potatoes and peas veg wise. Adore fruit though but never pineapple on a pizza. can't stand hot fruit in any form - not even tea)

And interesting to see it backed up somewhere else - thank you love! :) I know also the heavier you are the more you lose calorie wise from just carrying the extra around.

Had a bloodtest today to test for rheuma...something. Half hope something comes up so it can be treated because OW! Don't like not knowing what it making me ache (on top of the weight obv)

Very happy to say that after a naughty quick check this morning I'm now pretty much back to where I was pre-fence panel chaos. I hope it continues to fall off now as I moved more than I've moved in consecutive days in a LONG time and I had LOADS of wiggle room calorie wise and didn't eat stupid things so roll on Monday to see!

Hope you're all doing well xxx

That sounds awful :( and you still visit him?

I can't imagine my grandad being a negative in my life. I'm sorry to hear he's been such a burden :( xx

Ooh fingers crossed for Monday! I'm excited for you :)

And pineapple on pizza is the shizz. But then I'm a veggie freak, the only veggies i don't like is swede!, and I'll even eat that if it's in a stew :D

I'm the same I can't imagine my grandad being such a negative in my life BUT it shows what wonderful people you and your mum are!!

I'm the same I can't imagine my grandad being such a negative in my life BUT it shows what wonderful people you and your mum are!!
Yes absolutely, you much be angels to still care for him. I adored my grandad but at the end he was stubborn and hard work and it does test you but we loved him so didn't mind. You'll definitely get the karma back ten fold xx

Thanks loves :) It was a case of there being noone else as the brother has seen him all of 8(?) times since he left almost 16 years ago and noone else in the family having anything to do with him. We only visit once a month now (and occasionally have even stretched it to 6 weeks if the last visit was a v bad one) Social Services/memory clinic/doctor didn't want to know as he was at home with care in place (ie us 24/7 practically) and they focus on keeping people at home. It was hell for the last 5 years of him being at home, honestly don't know how we did it. Wasn't through any form of love - more duty and our own consciences I guess - like almost as though we're "better" than him and what he did to us. (can't think how else to describe it tbh!)

Yes he does have dementia and we keep being told to see it as the illness and not him - but if anything he's "nicer" (still an arsehole - just not as much!) now with his dementia(!)

None of his so called "friends" (ie alcohol enablers) has been in to see him in the last 2 and half years either. Only one used to call in the house to see him when he was at home and could no longer get out - and that was only because he lived at the top of the road that his house faced.

Ah well - happy thoughts! ;)

We're treating ourselves to an indian fakeaway and a movie night tomorrow night. It's going to be over 1000 calories for one meal (which now seems unfathomable when we used to hit that and well over it regularly!) but all is calorie counted and already logged with a slim fast shake appointed for lunch to make more calories) and allegedly I've got 400ish to use for other pieces which I'll try and keep at least 150 for for a bottle of cubanisto with it! :) yumyumyum! Can't wait! :) Also had an hour and half's walking today and am planing on not eating any of those calories and also leaving hopefully a 100 or so from today to give a bit of a buffer for it in time for Monday's weigh in too ;)

Hope you're alll doing well :)

Treated myself to a packet of my favourite ever cake/biscuits today - jelly bean cookies! Was very good though (especially as just 1 is 197 calories!) and portioned them up before I ate mine so I didn't get tempted and put the others in the freezer ;) If I get hard up I may sit and suck one.

Treated myself to a packet of my favourite ever cake/biscuits today - jelly bean cookies! Was very good though (especially as just 1 is 197 calories!) and portioned them up before I ate mine so I didn't get tempted and put the others in the freezer ;) If I get hard up I may sit and suck one.

Hehe...got a mental image of you and a frozen biccie now! Just be careful you don't break a tooth on it :)

Had a small NSV just now :) Nipped in Boyes whilst I was out this morning and got a pair of fleece pyjama bottoms (christmas - grey fairisle :D) for £5 in size 24 (allegedly according to the ticket. label says 2xl)

They fit perfectly and were so snug I went back for the 22's to 'slim down to' (which also turn out to be 2xl(ha! should have looked this morning at the label inside!) and had a look at the other rail at their 22's too. Got a pair with Thumper on and another with Spongebob Squarepants on which are originally George.*

I can get the Spongebobs on but couldn't sit or sleep in them as they're too tight for that, but the Thumper ones fit perfectly. The best thing is - they're 20/22 :D I know it's a one off and thanks to an elasticated waist but I'm still happy that things are heading in the right way.

Coming from starting at a 30/32 - and a 34/35 at the very start - i never thought I'd be approaching a size with an 1 before it- and hopefully in the early new year I will be! :) (Bottom wise at least. I should start trying on smaller tops now!)

* Boyes is an aladdins cave but sadly not nationwide. They sell all manner of end of line clothing including places like Evans, Asda and others so if you're near one or holiday near one I highly recommend looking! BOYES - For Good Value! I bet Camplestar will agree! :)

Hope you're all doing well my lovelies and looking forward to a lovely relaxing weekend xx

PS: Forgot to say - put on my big girl knickers last night and did some detective work after Npower wanted to update the dual fuel DD from £100 (when we use 105 admittedly) to £170! If I hadn't checked the website I'd have no idea until it came out of the account or bounced! Not happy in the first place given that when we paid £100 in total to seperate companies (£50/£50 BG and Npower) we were ALWAYS in credit come bill time - to the point where npower always had to refund us a good £70+ each anniversary date. So much for the dual fuel being cheaper - my backside it was!

Started switch to Sainsburys Energy now, allegedly they'll be saving us £272 over npower - we'll see! :)

Last edited:
Back