14 Stone To Lose

well done you psp your doing great i love boyes when i go to cleethorpes or bridlington some really good stuff aladdins cave

Thank you lovelies :D I think it's only on these one pair of trousers ;) but it's STILL A LEGITIMATE LABEL :D :D :D :D

Told a bit of a porky yesterday about the resting weekend. I thought it would be.... and then I ended up stripping wallpaper, painting some of the front room (funny the things you fancy doing on a whim...!!), moving furniture and then heading BACK to boyes (who had no more fleece pants put out overnight :( ) and buying masking tape, duct tape and jelly beans :)D) so it's funfunfun here ;) The planned curry after all that was bloody good though! :)

Last night at 9pm I was painting the window sides/up the top of the window (ie where the curtains hide) because we have incredibly nosey next door but one neighbours who will come out with a drink and literally stand on your front and stare in as you do it. Sadly I kid you not. They stand in their front garden (mum and 40+ year old sons) and watch what the entire street are doing and gossip it up and down so y'know... it was dark, they didn't know and huzzah! It had dried by the morning and luckily I hadn't got much on the curtains (though they 're going in the bin tomorrow after swapping them as they're v old and v thin.

Must say, I don't think a lot about the deep heat patches but the deep freeze ones are AWESOME!

Chez, the Grimsby Boyes is MUCH better than the Clee one love. It's much bigger and so many more choices!

Planning on trying out my window vac on the front window and changing the curtains over in time for Winter.

Well done on the pjs I love pjs I bought a pair from tesco that I have put away that are a size 22 it's a vest type top shorts bottom style onesie it does fit now however I don't feel comfortable in it . Strangely enough I also got a pair of wedgies for my holiday that are a size 6.5 my usual size is 8 I'm quite pleased :) x

Hey, didn't realise you guys were so close. Well done on the 22 PSP. I feel like a shopping trip now lol x

Well done Pinky! :) And yes Cample, I'm stalking you ;)

Got the window washed and the curtains changed. Not overly happy with the new curtains if I'm honest, she measured them too short so you can't tuck them behind the radiator to try keep the warmth in. I'm going to try and see if I can get some draft excluders so I can fold them neatley up onto the windowsill and put a draft excluder on them so they don't blow back and forth and see if we can keep this house warm! I'm plotting to insulate the windows with bubblewrap too (so easy - just cut to glass size and put it onto the window with a spray of water - nothing else needed! It gets so cold that I'm even considering doing it on the front window and to hell with what the neighbours think! I need lower bills!!!!!

FINALLY had a shift on the scales too. I'm so confused (and a little disappointed) if I'm honest because I didn't have a loss doing all the fence panel painting and installing. These last 2 weeks I've been the most mobile and active than I have been in a veryveryvery many years and finally I've had a 2lb loss at the end of it - with nothing but inflamation and water gain (though if you look at it like that, in about 10 days I've lost a full stone and 2lb ;)) I didn't eat naughty things, there were no takeaways or eating over calories including exercise calories in that. I did go over by about 3-500 but I was "earning" 900-2200 exercise calories every day!

Ah well, our bodies are funny things and we musn't let it bother us or dishearten us. Onwards and downwards guys xx

I'm glad you can see a loss. Not only that but if you haven't been used to being active it'll take a while for the body to adjust! You've probably shocked it!

Not to mention you were lugging around some heavy shizz, which means muscle repair, which means water weight! So who knows, a whoosh may be in your future!

Re. the bubblewrap just spray paint it sparkly silver at the front and call it early chirstmas decorations! :D

Congrats on smaller clothes , its amazing feeling when you get size down , what ever the size is :)
about being disappointed on scales, dont worry about that hun, one week you lose weight , other week you lose inches - and as you said, you got smaller clothes then that mean, you doing everything right and soon scale will start moving again. For our skin is better too to lose its slowly ;) Keep going one day at the time and you will get where you want to get in no time =)

well done sps you are doing great love i will have to have a trip to grimsby i love boyes its amazing its like going back in time in a good way x x x x
hows your mum now love x x x

I'm glad you can see a loss. Not only that but if you haven't been used to being active it'll take a while for the body to adjust! You've probably shocked it!

Not to mention you were lugging around some heavy shizz, which means muscle repair, which means water weight! So who knows, a whoosh may be in your future!

Re. the bubblewrap just spray paint it sparkly silver at the front and call it early chirstmas decorations! :D

Hahahaha! OMG I love it! Where's my holographic glitter...? ;) I would totally love that - especially if there was some christmas lights around it making it sparkle too xD It needs to be made! :p Sparkly window insulation xD

And thank you for putting it in proportion for me love! The way my knee is feeling there's definitely some mending needing doing. It hasn't helped that I've been painting all this week too since Saturday! Up and down ladders that make me crap my pants!

Congrats on smaller clothes , its amazing feeling when you get size down , what ever the size is :)
about being disappointed on scales, dont worry about that hun, one week you lose weight , other week you lose inches - and as you said, you got smaller clothes then that mean, you doing everything right and soon scale will start moving again. For our skin is better too to lose its slowly ;) Keep going one day at the time and you will get where you want to get in no time =)

Thanks lovely :) I really appreciate it. I am keeping track of the inches and IIRC I have lost like 25ish inches since starting - very happy with that too! :)

Thank you :D xx

well done sps you are doing great love i will have to have a trip to grimsby i love boyes its amazing its like going back in time in a good way x x x x
hows your mum now love x x x

Thanks love! :) She's not too bad at all thanks, having quite a good week so far! :) Hope you're well too!

Well done PSP & suspected all your labours may take week or two to melt off then they'll be a whoosh :D

Thank you love! Hope so! :D

Hope you're all doing well!

Haven't been on for a couple of days as I've had some seriously early nights and also left my computer turned off and upstairs whilst I was painting. Got a bit worried going up and down a step ladder at 22stone, especially when it started to quite obviously lean a little to the side when I was up it. Had to go up though to get near the top. It's all done now though thank god! Wouldn't have been able to do it at the start though (!)

Not sure if it was my nervous system panicking up the ladders or if it was ridiculously hot over the past few days but Ive been absolutely baking! my top changed colour yesterday from pink to deep purple because I was sweating that much. Pretty sure it was the panicking :8855::8855::8855:

Glad it's done now :D Though my legs are absolutely covered in bruises and I've no idea how!

Forgot to say - woke up at 10 past 5 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so come 6ish I got up, had some breakfast and a coffee and did the final coat of paint on the last 2 walls. I was in the shower by 8 and up town by half past to get my mums magazine (she's been buying it for almost 9 years now so it had to be got). Typically as I was outside WH Smiths as it opened - the magazine apparently hadn't been changed over and I ended up getting last months again :rolleyes: so ended up having to return and swap it. You'd think they'd have all the new books out before they open! It's all good calorie loss and extra walking! (!)

Well done on the decorating & hope all of that and Mum's mag mishap pays off (I'm I the only one who's keen to know which magazine?!)

I had to get on a ladder on a balcony the other week to change an outside light. Now I'm an adrenaline junkie with no fear of heights / scary rides etc but felt little anxious at wobbly top step :eek:

I hope your knee's feeling a bit better - do take care of it, won't you? I'm paranoid about people getting problems with their knees now! :) xx

It's nothing exciting, promise! ;) It's just Photoshop Creative - she does all sorts of pretty things with pictures and can mend old pics etc. It came out on her 50th Bday and she's been buying it ever since. Has every issue.

I think it's the knowing that we're on the bigger side so every slight shift or move and - arghitsgoingtokillus! Thrown the steps out now though as they'd got that little twist to the side so no damage can come from them anymore! :) Wouldn't have been able to do it at start weight!

Thanks lovlies! :) Knee will be fine thanks Tracy. It's not usually a huge issue as it only flares up when I've been doing lots of moving and walking. Between the fence and the decorating it's not a happy bunny - but now all the 'heavy' and lots of moving jobs are done it'll calm right back down again! :) Hope all goes well for you in the run up to november :D xx

SJB - I've had a quick look through your profile and can't see if you have a diary - can you point me in the right place if you do?! spankies :D xx

Last edited:
When I was 25 st I could not even get to stand up on chair as I was afraid to fall or break chair or hurt my knees getting up there or down.
Knees are big problem when you have little more weight to carrie. Remember one time I hurt my knee by dancing at the friends birthday party so badly that I could not walk for day or two even. Just one little wrong turn or step or stand up can hurt us.

Hope you feeling better and keep going. :) one day at the time xx

It's nothing exciting, promise! ;) It's just Photoshop Creative - she does all sorts of pretty things with pictures and can mend old pics etc. It came out on her 50th Bday and she's been buying it ever since. Has every issue.

SJB - I've had a quick look through your profile and can't see if you have a diary - can you point me in the right place if you do?! spankies :D xx

Love the idea of mending pics. Have some poor quality ones of grandparents & first doggie!

I haven't got a diary not sure my insane ramblings worth reading :8855:

When I was 25 st I could not even get to stand up on chair as I was afraid to fall or break chair or hurt my knees getting up there or down.
Knees are big problem when you have little more weight to carrie. Remember one time I hurt my knee by dancing at the friends birthday party so badly that I could not walk for day or two even. Just one little wrong turn or step or stand up can hurt us.

Hope you feeling better and keep going. :) one day at the time xx

Thank you lovely :) I don't honestly know what happened with my knee. One day, approx 3/4 years ago I stepped up a small (and it was small!) step into a shop and my knee let out this massive crack (audible by me, mum and the lady in the shop) and I couldn't move for a few moments and it hurt. It's hurt on and off since then but an xray didn't bring anything up so it must be the weight aggravated by more moving than usual.

Would definitely have been too scared to even climb the step ladder (especially as I know what it did at 22st!) at my start weight. A few years ago I was just over 27 and half stone - lost just under 5 - then piled it all on when the poo hit the fan. Determined not to let that happen ever again! We can do it together! :)

Love the idea of mending pics. Have some poor quality ones of grandparents & first doggie!

I haven't got a diary not sure my insane ramblings worth reading :8855:

If you want her to have a go, please feel free to pm me with them and I'll pass them across to her :) Please scan them in as big and as high a resolution as you can as that makes for a better repair.

And :8855: if people still stick around after reading mine they definitely would read yours :D I know I'd like yo if you ever start one :D xx

Back